Sign in to follow this  

Has Mcnally been reading the Neil Doncaster book

Has Mcnally been reading the Neil Doncaster book of tranfer windows where he advocates his policy of low bid,slow bid. First you offer too low then offer again as the window closes and when you get nothing say "at least we tried".

But going to the Girls Aloud concert instead of trying to get signings in was the best one ever!!!!!! Neil was a star wasn''t he.

Transfer deadline days are notoriously quiet at Carrow Rd and unfortunately I expect nothing different this time?

I wonder if the day will ever arrive when Sky Sports News deems it necessary to deploy an outside broadcaster oustide the gates of Colney/Carrow Road?

You can almost guarantee that they will have the usual reporters at Spurs Lodge, Loftus Road (probabaly Brian Swanson) ,David Craig at Newcastle and Bryn Law standing outside the Brittania at Stoke and despite all of Harry Redknapps protestations to contrary, he loves/owns this day...

McNally will be pushing everyone and everything to the very limit to give us the best chance possible of signing the player or players we want.

[quote user="GJP"]McNally will be pushing everyone and everything to the very limit to give us the best chance possible of signing the player or players we want.[/quote]

Totally agree.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]Has Mcnally been reading the Neil Doncaster book of tranfer windows where he advocates his policy of low bid,slow bid. First you offer too low then offer again as the window closes and when you get nothing say "at least we tried".[/quote]

That''s got to be the biggest insult to McNasty ever! For me McNasty is the most important individual at our club and I credit him for our upsurge over the last few years more than Lambert.

So yes, a big insult.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Transfer deadline days are notoriously quiet at Carrow Rd and unfortunately I expect nothing different this time?

I wonder if the day will ever arrive when Sky Sports News deems it necessary to deploy an outside broadcaster oustide the gates of Colney/Carrow Road?

You can almost guarantee that they will have the usual reporters at Spurs Lodge, Loftus Road (probabaly Brian Swanson) ,David Craig at Newcastle and Bryn Law standing outside the Brittania at Stoke and despite all of Harry Redknapps protestations to contrary, he loves/owns this day...

[/quote]

You just made that up didn''t you[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

sadly not....but not neccesarily in a bad way, often means that we''ve already conducted our business earlier in the summer/January. However that doesnt stop me longing for the day we smash out transfer record at 5 to 11pm and the new signing is filmed live on Sky Sports walking through the gates of Colney?!

[/quote]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I doubt very much any other manager would have taken the squad of players Lambert inherited to the PL in two seasons.[/quote]

Regardless of that being possibly true, Lets not underestimate the role that McNally has played in our upturn aswell. Lambert has been extremely well supported by McNally, something i would expect he is now only begining to realise.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

sadly not....but not neccesarily in a bad way, often means that we''ve already conducted our business earlier in the summer/January. However that doesnt stop me longing for the day we smash out transfer record at 5 to 11pm and the new signing is filmed live on Sky Sports walking through the gates of Colney?!

[/quote][/quote]

Last January Ryan Bennett was signed at the very last minute. I remember another 3m deadline day last minute signing in Earnie. Not sure that we spend that kind of money too often but there''s two that were signed right at the death.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]

Has Mcnally been reading the Neil Doncaster book of tranfer windows where he advocates his policy of low bid,slow bid. First you offer too low then offer again as the window closes and when you get nothing say "at least we tried".

[/quote]

I don''t think that was a particular trick of Doncaster''s. I remember the Cotterill transfer falling through at the last, but our offer had been accepted. Cotterill went to Wigan because Bellamy advised him to. Of course no sensible CEO will normally offer the asking price straight up, but I can''t remember him indulging in the kind of saga we''ve had with Celtic, where - if reports are to be believed - our first bid was so below the valuation it was bound to be rejected, with the same happening to the second bid.

If we have made a third bid that gets accepted that will be fine, but it does seem to be a McNally ploy of bidding very low at the start, and there are obvious dangers with it. A similarish situation happened with Butterfield, where our bid was so far under Barnsley''s valuation that they opted for a tribunal, even though tribunals normally favour the buying club. We decided not to take the risk, and greatly increased the offer.

There are some humourless w ankers on this board nowadays hey prozac, kinda explains why the only people left on it are a few stalwarts and the the aforementioned w ankers. Anyway that''s my weekly visit over so I know hand the board back to the a rse wipes.

McNally hasn''t read it but some of these people made it most of the way through the first page:[img]http://www.faisalmb.com/image.axd?picture=2009%2f6%2fMilitary+People+Sleeping.jpg[/img]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="IncH HigH"]

[/quote]

I don''t think that was a particular trick of Doncaster''s. I remember the Cotterill transfer falling through at the last, but our offer had been accepted. Cotterill went to Wigan because Bellamy advised him to. Of course no sensible CEO will normally offer the asking price straight up, but I can''t remember him indulging in the kind of saga we''ve had with Celtic, where - if reports are to be believed - our first bid was so below the valuation it was bound to be rejected, with the same happening to the second bid.

If we have made a third bid that gets accepted that will be fine, but it does seem to be a McNally ploy of bidding very low at the start, and there are obvious dangers with it. A similarish situation happened with Butterfield, where our bid was so far under Barnsley''s valuation that they opted for a tribunal, even though tribunals normally favour the buying club. We decided not to take the risk, and greatly increased the offer.

[/quote]

The report may not be true, but if we have had a third bid for Hooper rejected and are contemplating a fourth then this is starting to get a bit silly. Supposedly the asking price is £8m. Which doesn''t strike me as excessive for a young goalscorer at a club in the Champions League knock-out stages with 18 months left on his contract, and given how much Rhodes and Rodriguez cost. The likelihood is we are going to have to offer around £7m before Celtic think about selling.