Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Transfers from A to B....

So Norwich fans were inspired to renew season tickets and tolerate price hikes with leaked news about Hoopers and Van Wolfywinkles...

...then we sign Becchio and Kamara.

Not saying they won''t work out but we do seem to have slipped from signing serious Premiership strikers to the sort of guys for a top championship side.

Ah well time will tell.... but seriously deflated if this is it.

Are Becchio and Kamara better options for us than Jackson and Morison? I''d like to think so. Becchio will have his chance to prove himself in the prem now and he is more mobile than Morison, which is what we want. And quite frankly, Jackson is utter garbage at this level so getting Kamara in who is ten times stronger and good in the air with pace has got to be a better option.

"So Norwich fans were inspired to renew season tickets and tolerate price hikes with leaked news about Hoopers and Van Wolfywinkles... "

Seriously? Did you renew your season ticket on the ''promise'' that we would sign Hooper or RVW? Did anyone renew their season ticket just because of this ''promise''?

The amount of anti-club craptalk and paranoia on this forum is unbelievable.

Also to mention that these two signings, if Morison is in fact going to Leeds may not even cost us any money. If the reports are to be believed then we could actually EARN around 250k in tranfer fee''s. That then leaves a significant pot of money for us to play with, whether that be a very late bid for a star striker or added to a significant pot of money for the summer. Yes you could say it may be too late, however if we were to stay up with just these two coming in, then we will have the whole summer to plan our tranfer options in a less expensive market than the January window. We could even potentially afford RvW AND Hooper by then!

I think most supporters want to renew their season tickets because they want to support the team they love. It''ll be great if we manage to bring in a big name player, but personally it has absolutely no bearing on whether I renew my ticket.

And you know Kamara is only a Championship striker based on your extensive knowledge on the MLS and having watching him play 90 minutes multiple times?

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Are Becchio and Kamara better options for us than Jackson and Morison? I''d like to think so. Becchio will have his chance to prove himself in the prem now and he is more mobile than Morison, which is what we want. And quite frankly, Jackson is utter garbage at this level so getting Kamara in who is ten times stronger and good in the air with pace has got to be a better option.[/quote]Its also a net spend of approximately 2 Million, hardly a statement of intent to stay in the Prem. We are basically getting a lump that could only score 8-9 goals per season in the MLS and also failed a trial with Stoke (hoofball) City. In addition we are getting a striker that is possibly a small improvement on one of our subsitutes to improve the bench! If Hooper or RVW do not arrive,  this window will have been awful for us at a time when results and confidence are at a massive low. Relegation is becoming a very real possibility. There is always one team gets sucked in and cant pick back up!Southampton have already gone and purchased a 12 million striker in their first season. Villa have got Benteke, Wigan have numerous quality up front, QPR have signed half the world, West Ham have gone and got Carroll etc..., Fulham have Berbatov, Newcastle have added 5, Reading are after Ince and possibly more, Sunderland no doubt will get 1 or 2. We on the other hand are going with good old prudence when we desperately needed a player to steal a few games by scoring from nothing. Unfortunately, We are not going to get it!!

And Aston Villa, QPR, Southampton, Wigan, Fulham, Newcastle are all below us in the table....? Also not to mention, you say Wigan have numerous quality up front???????? Holt and Kone are probably the same level. Di Santo is dire. Any other strikers you call quality at Wigan that I have not mentioned?

Here is a rough estimate of hoo much and the Prem form so far:

Caroll= £3million loan deal: 1 goal, 1 assist

Benteke= £7million: 8 goals, 4 assists

Rodriguez= £7million: 2 goals, 2 assists

Ramirez= £12million: 3 goals, 4 assists

Kone= £2.5million: 6 goals 4 assists

Di Santo= £2million: 5 goals, 2 assists

Berbatov= £5million: 7 goals, 4 assists

Cisse= £9million: 5 goals, 1 assist

Now the wages.... Caroll, Bebatov, Ramirez, Cisse, Benteke will most likely all be on 30k+ wages which is out of our wage structure..

Out of all of those signings, within our reach in terms of transfer fee and wages, Kone seems the only striker who would be of a benefit to Norwich. Di Santo wouldn''t improve our team significantly at all IMO. Also to note Ramirez is an attacking midfielder anyways.

And the rest Michael! £30k plus?!!

Caroll will be on more whether West Ham are paying all of it is another thing altogether. Berbatov is almost certainly on a lot more than £30k - he would have been on at least double that at Man Utd. Ramirez, Cisse and Benteke are a bit unknown - maybe £30k at least but I should imagine that they are on considerably more considering the wealthy owners that backed their moves.

I look at it this way, what do we have?

-Holt, Morison, Jackson, Martin (that are ours)

First off Becchio: Is he better than any of those? I''d say yes. I''d say he is better than Jackson and Martin and arguably Morison. Either way he is a tad younger than Morison. A bit of a like for like - with the difference being that Becchio is in form. If it is a swap then it is somewhat of a gamble but does improve the squad slightly.

Kamara: Is he better than what we have? Unknown quantity but considering Martin isn''t really an option right now and does not seem to feature in Hughton''s plans heavily, if this is a loan then I see no problem. We get to size him up and if he bangs in a few goals for us we have ourselves a player, if not then he goes and he has done no more, no less for us than Martin.

Hooper: Again, reletively unknown quantity here - despite what everyone is saying. He is in form, there is no doubt about that but it will be a huge step up for him. He will be playing against top quality opposition every week. Say what you like about the SPL but they cannot boast that at all. Having said that, from what I have seen of him he is a much more accomplished player than Jackson. Maybe not as game changing as Holt.

So I don''t see the issue with any of those three - they all add to what we have, none are worse than what we have going on what we have to go on.

If I am really honest, Becchio is one that pleases me, he probably isn''t as mobile as Morison who everyone here thinks is a slouch for some reason. But what he is is an out and out goal getter. Alongside Holt I can see them working well together. You wont see him running the channel so much and will be in and around the area. Plus he is another ''rugged'' player.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]So Norwich fans were inspired to renew season tickets and tolerate price hikes with leaked news about Hoopers and Van Wolfywinkles...

...then we sign Becchio and Kamara. [/quote]Personally I would have renewed even if the club had said we wouldn''t be signing anyone. CTID.