Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

Becciho only coming for the ££££

Now I rate him but the reason he''s leaving Leeds is because he wants the money. Now he turned down a 20k contract wanting 25-30k. Is he really worth that and do we really want a player who''s only here for a pay day?

So you don''t think playing in the EPL has anything to do with it. He has been pretty loyal to Leeds - been there from L1 so don''t think you are in a position to judge him now.

[quote user="gravycanaries"]Now I rate him but the reason he''s leaving Leeds is because he wants the money. Now he turned down a 20k contract wanting 25-30k. Is he really worth that and do we really want a player who''s only here for a pay day?[/quote]

You must know him really well to have such an understanding of his motives. Tell us how you met. Does he mind you publicly spilling the  beans on him?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Well if Morison goes the other way we need someone new to take the role of whipping boy. Might aswell be Becchio as anyone. Greedy bast**d![/quote]

really harsh, surely he''s allowed an opportunity to play in the premiership? Would you say the same if we signed Hooper?

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Well if Morison goes the other way we need someone new to take the role of whipping boy. Might aswell be Becchio as anyone. Greedy bast**d![/quote]

really harsh, surely he''s allowed an opportunity to play in the premiership? Would you say the same if we signed Hooper?

[/quote]

The sarcasm of my post was clearly lost on you. On this forum i can understand why though.

Not always as easy to recognise sarcasm when its written, but I echo your sentiment although i thought you original comment was more in fitting with this forum than my response. Hence the sarcasm was lost on me.

I wish the Leeds board would implement a decent pension plan - it''s getting a bit monotonous being their players'' retirement home.

Holt only signed a new contract for the money and no one seems to care (or have ''forgotten'' he asked for transfer). If Becchio scored and we stayed up then I''d be happy.

If he signs and his goals keep us up, his wages would be money well earned and spent IMO!