Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Becchio

I''d be happy with him and RVW. But Becchio on his own would be very disappointing/lack of ambition

Saw this on Twitter, but know idea of it''s reliability.

@FootyAgentKing: #NCFC will announce the signing of Becchio from #LUFC in the next few days they have beaten #AVFC to him who have now set sights on another

I think he would actually be a decent purchase, for my money an improvement on Moro, Kane and Simeon. He''s not young, but strikers in their late 20s seem to be in their prime nowadays.

I can''t believe people would be unhappy with Becchio. He wouldn''t be here to play, it would be just for the sake of annoying Leeds fans at buying their last hero. A truly worthy cause.

I''m not convinced by Becchio, but i''d rather we sign him than nobody. I don''t think we can really blame Hughton if high profile players would rather join other premiership clubs though.

I can see him & Holt being effective together but it does depend on Hughton''s appetite to play more than 1 up front.Would prefer Becchio to Kane and Jackson.

[quote user="technika"]would make a good substitute, better than morison/jackson/martin/kane
[/quote]

Not what we want though. We need someone to improve what we have.

Becchio is no better than Morison or Jackson. We really can''t have our first 11 built around the 4 ex leeds players with who we beat to the leaague one title and championship promoton with the likes of Russel, Lappin, Crofts, Smith, Martin - who are all deemed not good enough!!

I''d prefer CMS over Becchio.

Just read on sky sports transfer update we are favourites to sign him. Please god NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is no better then what we have. After being linked with good players we end up with this as are only signi g I would be devestated. However if we say got hooper or that dutch guy pluse becchio that wouldnt be so bad but still no improvement on what we have

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="technika"]would make a good substitute, better than morison/jackson/martin/kane
[/quote]

Not what we want though. We need someone to improve what we have.

[/quote]

How can someone better than those four not be an improvement on what we have? Bring him in.  He''ll cause problems, get the odd goal and be a better substitute and partner for Holt than anyone we currently have.

With respect, but how can anyone be happy with Becchio or CMS! Please expand on why signing a 29 year old who has never played top flight football be an improvement to what we have on the bench?

It''s not like we have only just been promoted and need to add to the premiership 1 st season squad!

If we don''t sign anyone of class to improve the starting 11 then I would rather go with what e have and give Loza and the Murphey twins a go towards the end of the season.

A Leeds supporter I know really rates him as a hard-working player. Good goalscoring record, but has a tendency to fade in games (stamina?) and to pick up a few injuries.

I reckon he would be an improvement on Morison, Jackson, Kane and R. Martin, but then that would hardly be difficult.

I have to say I find it difficult to ascribe any reported links to us as being more than journos putting two and two together based on our recent dealings with our wee feeder club.

[quote user="Indy"]

With respect, but how can anyone be happy with Becchio or CMS! Please expand on why signing a 29 year old who has never played top flight football be an improvement to what we have on the bench?

It''s not like we have only just been promoted and need to add to the premiership 1 st season squad!

If we don''t sign anyone of class to improve the starting 11 then I would rather go with what e have and give Loza and the Murphey twins a go towards the end of the season.

[/quote]

I totally go with Indy here on this, either are not nearly good enough for us.

Adam Le Fondre had never played top-flight football and it was considered a massive gamble by Reading when they signed him from Rotherham.Check his goal-scoring record - and he''s not even in the starting eleven most weeks.

Le Fondre was signed by Reading while they were in the Championship and was only 24 at the time, so not really any comparison to Becchio.

My fear is that at 29 they are not hungry for it and in previous years these type of players just sign up for the 3 years of pay. I''m not saying he couldn''t be a hit and smash 10 goals before the summer, but unlikely to, more likely to be a bench warmer behind Holt again, don''t we want to see someone who can make Holt the bench warmer?

Becchio alone and I would be a bit underwhelmed, but Becchio along with one of Van Wolfswinkel, Graham or Hooper and I''d be very pleased. I think he''s a better option than Jackson or Morison.

At least Becchio would provide an option to play 2 up front.

Hughton''s choice of the 4-5-1 has probably been dictated, at least in part, by his realisation that our other strikers are not up to playing PL football, and I agree with him.

I could see Becchio causing more problems to the opposition than Jackson, Morison, Kane or Martin currently do.

He could be handy to have as a fall-back option now that the transfer window is not far from closing. After all, the stark reality is that we could be faced with no-one coming in if the ambitious moves for Wolfie, Hooper or Graham don''t come off. It might therefore be worth pursuing Becchio, who is known to want away from a never-to-be-promoted feeder club.

[quote user="Indy"]

Le Fondre was signed by Reading while they were in the Championship and was only 24 at the time, so not really any comparison to Becchio.

[/quote]

Take your point about the age difference, but it''s still a gamble with a player from a lower division. Sometimes they come good, sometimes not, but there are too many players in our squad who need to be going the other way.

The thing is, leeds want about 4 million for the chap and he is noway worth that. Taking into account his age and record, which is bang average even in the championship then i''d be inclined to swerve this. However, if we''re talking a million or so, and we also signed hooper, graham or the wolf, then maybe it would be a coup.

Can''t see Leeds holding out for 4 million for a player who wants away.

His goalscoring record in the Championship is 45 goals in 108 appearances, so nearly a goal every 2 games. Not what I''d label "bang average".

That said, signing just him would be disappointing given the hype we have had so far about Hooper, Graham, van Winkelroy, et al and the budget we clearly have. But less disappointing than signing no b*ugger at all.

I''ve said it before, a lot depends on price. Come the summer he''ll be in the final year of his contract and Warnock might want to trade him now to finance a replacement plus avoid having an unhappy player in his squad as they aim for promotion.He''d be a noticable improvement on Moro: better technique, better control of a football, superior shooting and all round forward play. But anything over £3m would make a deal not worth our while.On the point of buying players from leagues below, I''d like to see Norwich attempt to find the Hoopers and Grahams of tomorrow rather than pay through the nose. It may be hit and miss, but the misses don''t hurt the wallet as badly in terms of fees and wages.