Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Not even here yet and

already people saying Becchio and Kamara not good enough signings if we do indeed sign them? Why dont people just give these guys a chance, new challenge for both of them and they may indeed be just what we are looking for!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"] already people saying Becchio and Kamara not good enough signings if we do indeed sign them? Why dont people just give these guys a chance, new challenge for both of them and they may indeed be just what we are looking for!!!
[/quote]

The irony of you of all people posting this is not lost on me baldy. [:D]

By the way i happen to agree with you.[Y]

[quote user="baldyboy"]already people saying Becchio and Kamara not good enough signings if we do indeed sign them? Why dont people just give these guys a chance, new challenge for both of them and they may indeed be just what we are looking for!!![/quote]
You''ve certainly cheered up a bit since the weekend [;)]
Though I agree with the sentiment, why be negative about a new signing? this is the moment to enjoy and be positive, there''s every chance of them becoming a great player for us, if they turn out to be crap a few weeks later then is the time to be negative and slag them off [:P]

Weird that we''ve only become interested in becchio since he handed in a transfer request though. Smacks of desperation.

"Weird that we''ve only become interested in becchio since he handed in a transfer request though. Smacks of desperation. "

Your inside knowledge is outstanding.

Could have been planned weeks ago for all you know.

I''m actually feeling very positive about Kamara, he will be keen to impress, is big and strong and seems like a real character

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]People want that "Marquee" signing. Anything else just won''t do (apparently"[/quote] No people just want squad improvement, becchio in particular is no better than what we currently have.[/quote]

You say that but if indeed Holt and Morison can''t play up front with each other but Holt and Becchio can ,surely merely just having the option to do that is better than we currently have??

I love this "No better than what we''ve got" when most of this board has been bemoaning the lack of striker back up for months.

I''d rather see Becchio come on after 60 minutes than Morison/Jackson/Kane. So, in my view he is better than what we''ve got

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]People want that "Marquee" signing. Anything else just won''t do (apparently"[/quote] No people just want squad improvement, becchio in particular is no better than what we currently have.[/quote]

You say that but if indeed Holt and Morison can''t play up front with each other but Holt and Becchio can ,surely merely just having the option to do that is better than we currently have??

[/quote]

When was the last time Morison and Holt had a run of games together? And makes you think becchio and holt will?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

When was the last time Morison and Holt had a run of games together? And makes you think becchio and holt will?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote] When was the last time Morison and Holt had a run of games together? And makes you think becchio and holt will?[/quote]

The fact that they havent in one and a half seasons by two different managers might suggest that?, It''s not whether I think that Holt and Becchio will , its whether Hughton thinks they can.

Bloody hell Baldy, what''s got into you man?! Normally you''re on a right downer about everything NCFC it seems, but fair play to you and totally agree - WHOEVER comes through that door should be warmly welcomed, if we want them to play at their best then a happy environment is needed!

[quote user="Nick"]Weird that we''ve only become interested in becchio since he handed in a transfer request though. Smacks of desperation.[/quote]

Maybe Becchio was aware that we were sniffing around and thought he would force the situation by handing in a transfer request.

I cant understand the negativity.......since CH has been at the club almost all, if not all of his signings have been great. I''m expecting to see three or four players in by the close of the window and if Davis and Becchio (who is class from what I have seen) are amongst them will be delighted and if we end up with Van Wolf Winkle or Hooper that would be an exceptional window when considering where we were not so long ago.   

The squad needs freshening up if nothing else and Becchio for Morison is just that plus I am sick of Morison''s body language and am glad to see him go.

Kamara for Jackson or Chris Martin? Again, freshening up and improving.

Curtis Davies (if he signes) for Barnett. No brainer.

And if a wigwam signing came in on top like Hooper or Lupinecock I would be the first to congratulate McNally.

people are moaning because of after all the talk from the club & hughton about getting hooper, graham and wolfswinkle (the marks and spencer signings) we are getting the lidls signings instead

[quote user="baldyboy"] already people saying Becchio and Kamara not good enough signings if we do indeed sign them? Why dont people just give these guys a chance, new challenge for both of them and they may indeed be just what we are looking for!!!
[/quote]

Becchio I know about baldy, and imo he''s no better,  maybe even worse than what we already have.

From Hooper to Karma is ruddy tragic![:S]

I couldn''t help getting excited by the rumours about van Winkle, Graham and Hooper etc but they were never going to happen were they. Kamara and Becchio hardly set my pulse racing. Both ageing and have zero experience in the PL plus an unspectacular current goalscoring record in each of their respective leagues. Not being negative, it''s a realistic opinion. We need better quality. Would love to be proved wrong though.