Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Kei Kamara First In?

The club must be expecting him to get a work permit easily enough, but has he actually played that many games for his country?

When I think of Jacko and Kane I can only feel glad about this signing. There must be something about him as we haven''t just picked him out from a list of Soccer League players  with a pin.

I''m looking forward to seeing him in action in the yellow, but am not looking forward to having settle for him as the only new striker this window.

His arrival has to open the floodgates for me. Well Winkelgate or Hoopergate or even Becchiogate at least.

I wouldn''t mind him here. From the footage I''ve seen of him he seems to be very much like Grant Holt - strong and powerful, but surprisingly mobile. Seems to be a decent finisher and has plenty of charisma and personality - I think he''d be a decent addition over Jackson, Morison, Martin and Vaughan

In the long term the latter two are definitely gone, and the former two will be replaced no doubt in the summer (hopefully!)

I see this as a very good/exciting signing.

But would be very underwhelmed if he along with LB are our only signing this window

Hucks has just tweeted first signing imminent, considering his links to Kamara I would think this is a near cert.

Also, Grant Wahl, USA press reporter re tweeting messages of various people wishing him all the luck and success.

Officially announced by BBC, just waiting for the work permit - no knowledge of a fee at this stage yet either

Reading MLS fans tweets on the matter, there is plenty of surprise that Kamara is to play in the premier league. Time will tell :)

http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/1/30/3931442/kei-kamara-leaving-sporting-kc-for-norwich-city

Reading this article a couple of things leap out at me. The deal appears to be a loan until the end of the season making it less of a risk than a permanent. The author also states that Kamara''s best position is as a right winger, and his assist statistics are impressive even though he''s playing against a lower standard of defence.

Does this mean more competition for Snodgrass/ Pilkington than it does for our strikers?

One concern for me though is his lack of match fitness. Its the MLS off season so he won''t have played competitive football for quite a while.

please let it be a loan

he looks rubbish, if he was any good he would have played for a decent club by now, 28 year old "talents" do not suddenly appear in the mls

I really have a lot of confidence in CH''s signings, his record is right up there with the best when it comes to success of his signings for us. With what little there is on YouTube, Kamara looks to me to be different to what we have and could well be a bit of a handfull for some defences. I would not be surprised at all if he is the first of three strikers coming in. I really like the look of Becchio despite some of the negative comments I have read, he will definately be a big plus for us as another different style of striker, could easily play off Holt from what I can see and even though I like Jackson he looks a level above him, very sharp, good finisher.

i s he really better than what we have, i doubt it, imo he would have been picked up before the age of 28. totally underwhelmed to be honest. We talk of Graham and Hooper and end up with a two bobber, hope he proves me wrong, Another Kane type signing imo.

Am I the only one who''s reminded of Oli Johnson by the KK youtube clips?  Make of that what you will...

[quote user="jb"]

Am I the only one who''s reminded of Oli Johnson by the KK youtube clips?  Make of that what you will...

[/quote]

I want to cry now. [:''(]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="jb"]

[/quote]

I want to cry now. [:''(]

[/quote]Well if Kamara has the same impact as the guy who scored some vital goals for us, most notably Southend at home in our L1 promotion season, then it''s job done as far as I''m concerned.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="jb"]Am I the only one who''s reminded of Oli Johnson by the KK youtube clips?  Make of that what you will...

[/quote]

I want to cry now. [:''(][/quote]

Good! You''ve made us cry enough times......

[:)]

sorry, my comparison might have come across as negative - didn''t mean it to be at all - had a real soft spot for Oli, and Kamara''s general style reminded me of him. 

Still remember Oli''s first few moments on the pitch for NCFC against Exeter(?)... mazy run and a curling shot just over the bar.  vital goals against Southend too - we were awful for 88 minutes that night.

To the poster who said Kamara would/should have been picked up before 28, how can you say that when we''ve proven the past two seasons with a number of players that just because they haven''t been given a chance in the Prem before, does''t mean they can''t do it. Holt is probably the only one of that age, but we had a number of players come either straight from League One or only having one year in the Championship. Drury''s premiership appearances outnumbered the rest of the squads easily.

Anyone writing this guy off before he''s even played, well all I can assume is you''ve completely ignored last season (and this one, because despite popular belief we are still a good (enough) side, we aren''t bottom of the table or anything like that) because we''ve proven that you don''t need established premiership players to succeed.