Sign in to follow this  
bigkev 1974

beccio and kamara

I''m happy with Kamara. Think he''ll be a good addition.

Becchio.... If he played for someone else, I probably wouldn''t mind. Just the fact it''s ANOTHER Leeds player puts me off.

My thoughts?

If that is it then once again DM has managed to steer the business in a sustainable way.

Am I excited about them? Maybe not as much as would be Hooper or RVW but one thing is for certain I will support anyone at the club who puts on the that yellow shirt and gives us everything they have.

After all we still have a team mainly formed out of championship players who have proved that they deserve to play in the premier league.

Oh yah, me too. If we got RvW and Hooper, I''d still be miffed.

I''m holding out for Benzema, Hulk and Willian.

I expect them all to be happy to play for no more than £20k per week, be involved in a relegation battle and retire from international football in order to commit to the Norwich Cause.

Won''t take anything less, because anything less means we''re lacking ambition and potential signings aren''t taking our club''s magnificence seriously, right?

We were in desperate need of options and it looks like we''ve got some. I''m thankful for that at least. Kamara looks powerful and might be a handful especially at set pieces.

[quote user="ricardo"]Its a Championship standard transfer window so far.Ricardo very underwhemed[:$][/quote]

I''m kind of surprised to hear that of you Ricardo.

Where do we shop? We wouldn''t be able to afford a proven Prem or equivalent striker as such. If we can it is more likely to be a Jerome or Graham, still risky, and maybe just a smidging more promising.

Kamara on loan is a good gamble. He could be as good as Landon Donovan or he might not. But at least a loan makes it a risk worth taking.

Becchio has been a player I have thought is deserving of a Prem shout for a while. He has a pretty decent strike rate in the Championship. The only thing not so favourable is his age. But then he is a tad younger than Morison.

In all honesty I hate the transfer window at this time of year. People expecting instant impact players when there is never any guarantee of that. Hooper and Wolfswinkle may look far better players on paper but they are just as much of a risk.

If we don''t get Hooper or Van Wolfswinkle then you can''t have asked the club to have done any more.

Bids have been made and we aren''t owned by Arab billionaires or Russian oil tycoons to offer more. We have clearly been extremely ambitious and chanced our arm but always had back up options to retreat to if we were outpriced.

As far as I see it any fresh faces up front are more than welcome and shouldn''t be sniffed at.

I think that our Premier League status has sadly gone to the heads of some of our supporters!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

If we don''t get Hooper or Van Wolfswinkle then you can''t have asked the club to have done any more.

Bids have been made and we aren''t owned by Arab billionaires or Russian oil tycoons to offer more. We have clearly been extremely ambitious and chanced our arm but always had back up options to retreat to if we were outpriced.

As far as I see it any fresh faces up front are more than welcome and shouldn''t be sniffed at.

I think that our Premier League status has sadly gone to the heads of some of our supporters!

[/quote]

Sorry but for me they are "sniffy" deals.I am afraid that Wiz got it right. Low bids for people we know we can''t afford just to make it look like we tried. They must have known the amount that would activate Hooper''s transfer so why f%^ck about with piddling bids that had no chance. The RVW  deal always looked out of our price range so what was that all about?Sorry but something stinks here.

I will certainly be a bit underwhelmed if Kamara and Becchio are all we get. I guess the positive way to look at it is that neither Morison or Jackson have offered much this season or really looked up to it so if either of these guys comes off then we will have gained and at least both should be confident.

Given that we appear to have acquired both (if Becchio goes ahead) for a minimal net spend then u hope we are still in the Market for Hooper or maybe Graham if his treatment last night has put him off Sunderland. I believe the club is bagging these two today so we know we have at least added some options with the hope that a late and increased bid might also deliver our main target tomorrow! Whilst I am not hugely excited by Kei and Becchio, their arrival will at least soften the blow a bit if we fail to get the big signing. Maybe that''s just wishful thinking though!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

Sorry but for me they are "sniffy" deals.

I am afraid that Wiz got it right. Low bids for people we know we can''t afford just to make it look like we tried. They must have known the amount that would activate Hooper''s transfer so why f%^ck about with piddling bids that had no chance. The RVW  deal always looked out of our price range so what was that all about?

Sorry but something stinks here.
[/quote]

Personally this is a conspiracy theory too far ricardo.

I believe that McNally thought he could tempt Sporting and Celtic to sell (and still may do so) due to the former''s financial problems and the latter''s concern about their key striker not signing a new contract. The club were being ambitious by taking a couple of punts which would have been amazing if they had worked out - they shouldn''t be criticised for that. Unfortunately it seems like we haven''t got enough cash to tempt sales which isn''t surprising because we don''t have a bottomless pit like QPR. 

I''m just relieved to bring in some fresh faces.