Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Morison

So Michael Bailey thinks he''s off to Leeds:

Michael Bailey @michaeljbailey

Millwall wanted Morison, but it''ll be Leeds barring late mishaps; with Becchio to ncfc. I heard £ to City inc in deal, but may have changed.

That''s a really good deal for us I think.  Can''t see why anyone would complain about this one especially seeing as we get more cash to hopefully put towards another signing.

There does seem some confusion about whether it is a straight swap or there is some £ involved (last night Leeds fans thought they were getting a couple of £m, which is obviously rubbish), but IMO it seems good business whatever.

Fact is, Moro was becoming more ''isolated'' from supporters and his form has been pretty poor this season despite being given several chances, so it made sense to ship him on; Becchio is untried at this level but has a good goal ratio (and Leeds highest earner who they wanted to keep), so as back-up seems a sensible buy.

All told,everyone seems happy and with Becchio and Kamara we keep all our £ intact for a ''bigger'' buy....hopefully....

I think there''s always been a persistent foot injury with Morison that meant he struggled to cope since last Christmas. Becchio is untried, but it''s not a bad deal.

As far as I can see, we''re getting a pretty good Champs striker who is having a really in-form season for an out-of-sorts lower Prem striker for no loss.

Could be just what we need to punch those few extra goals in to secure us for this season before bigger and better in the summer. 

Feel a bit sorry for Morison - just hasnt worked out for him here and the fans have just never really taken to him.

I would not be surprised if he signs for Leeds and goes on to prove lots of the doubters here wrong.

Sometimes players and clubs just seem to fit and sometimes for no apparent reason it just doesnt work

Good luck to him and hope deal works out well for all in the long run