Sign in to follow this  
Cambridgeyellow

Team for tonight

Their team

Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Dempsey & Defoe Bench: Friedel, Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Holtby, Livermore & Sigurdsson

See what you mean Jarrold we could have played the players from Saturday and played for a loss.

After what we saw on Saturday you cant really say this team is a shock can you ?

I suspect that CambridgeYellow has picked the team that will walk out, with Whittaker needing a few more days. This follows CH''s commitment to 4-4-1-1, and his attempt to bolster a leaky defence by playing two very defensive midfielders as the only central midfielders, not that this policy has been successful recently (-perhaps other clubs have noted our inflexibility and made plans to thwart what little threat we pose?)

Howson is more creative going forward but looks out of place in front of the back four, and Surman rusty. I hope he will turn to one of these and be more attacking if (when) we fall behind. I would like to see Benn playing forward, but on the right rather than the left. Can Snoddy as a left footer not play on the left? I think Benno has pace, (does anyone else in the team have it?) and is good tackling back.

They all need to buck themselves up, and especially Wes and Pilks, who have both looked regularly under par.

With spurs Bale Dempsey and Defoe, they are going to be hard to contain. Also Tettey and BJ will have their work cut out against parker and dembele. We must hope Snoddy and Pilks have 10 games so we can create.OTBC

[quote user="Salopian"]

I suspect that CambridgeYellow has picked the team that will walk out, with Whittaker needing a few more days. This follows CH''s commitment to 4-4-1-1, and his attempt to bolster a leaky defence by playing two very defensive midfielders as the only central midfielders, not that this policy has been successful recently (-perhaps other clubs have noted our inflexibility and made plans to thwart what little threat we pose?)

Howson is more creative going forward but looks out of place in front of the back four, and Surman rusty. I hope he will turn to one of these and be more attacking if (when) we fall behind. I would like to see Benn playing forward, but on the right rather than the left. Can Snoddy as a left footer not play on the left? I think Benno has pace, (does anyone else in the team have it?) and is good tackling back.

They all need to buck themselves up, and especially Wes and Pilks, who have both looked regularly under par.

[/quote]
Cambridge posted this just after it went up on the club''s twitter (goes up on there one hour before kick off), so it is the team that will walk out, he didn''t make it up, that''s the teamsheet.

Thanks KIO - should also have mentioned our subs are

Camp, Whittaker, Howson, Jackson, Fox, E.Bennett, R.Bennett

Got to say Salopian with all the injuries this is the first time this team has all played together for sometime. Once Whittaker 100 % fit assume he will be back in as much as I like Martin. Bit harsh on Wes has he not won 4 of the last 5 MOM at home ? Possibly in fairness you did not go on Saturday when the likes of Bennett had their chance and could not impress