Sign in to follow this  
Fatbarman

Flippin' Jobsworth Steward

Such a shame to have to moan after enjoying tonight''s game...

Set the scene: My Missus and I couldn''t afford tonight''s £50 tickets, but went down to the ground on the off chance they''d sell us a cut-price deal after kick-off. No joy (fair enough), so we decided to hang around with good old Chris Goreham on the headphones and enjoy the atmosphere anyway - good noise from inside Fortress Carra...

No problem first half, outside the Jarrold, with a cup of tea - great feeling as Wesley put us in front and we could see the Barclay jumping through the gap between the stand and hotel.

Second half we moved behind the Barclay, where we could see more of the crowd and the wind carried more noise to us. Laughing, I informed the missus I could see the players heads occasionally, when play was in front of the Jarrold Stand... Cue rude, aggressive steward who pushes us back the princely distance of 10 yards (like some wannabe referee at a free kick!) because we''re not allowed to stand on NCFC land without paying!

Talk about petty! Thank Christ he didn''t realise we could still hear the crowd and see the occasional high ball - he''d have probably called the police to move us over to Big Yellow Self Storage!!

What do you think about our crime? Should I give myself a banning order?

It may seem sad, but we were enjoying just soaking up the atmosphere. What harm was there in that?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]At least 7 Spurs fanned shopped and thrown out of the Jarold, including one right mouthy bag.Stewards doing a fine job [/quote]

Not slagging off Stewards in general - spoke to several tonight - just the one jobsworth who thought we were causing a problem by standing outside with a cup of tea. Bit of a change from the days they used to open the gates part way through the second half, and you could walk in and see the rest of the game for nothin''

Appreciate they have a product to protect, but you can''t claim seeing the occasional player''s head is stealing value from the club, can you... ?

nah your right, it is pathetic.Stewards in / around Carrow normally ok, but like any job you have morons. Looks like you met the big chief.

Still oiling the throats of the thirsty :)

Moved over to the brewing side of things now. Got two boys who Keep The Faith (remember those shennanigans?), and a step-son I''m indoctrinating on the side.

Still aspire to attend more regularly, but limited to an upgraded seniors ticket for Liverpool (ouch) and the Luton game (double ouch!) this year so far. I know... I''m a jinx! Last year was Sunderland & Burnley, and saw 5 victories in the last promotion season, so just unlucky this year - good to see some fight back in the boys tonight :)