Sign in to follow this  
technika

hughton on 5 live

heres hoping its just playing cards close to his chest

if kamara and becchio are it then its a serious risk of an epic c0ck up

In the summer Hughton got slated for signing goalie Bunn when it was clear to many that we needed a striker. Bunn has since played well, justifying the purchase. Today we have potentially 2 new strikers with surplus Moro leaving, yet is seen as epic cock-up?!?!?!

Preparing to fail.

Leeds are where they are because their players are that standard.

No more Leeds players

Back to Little old Norwich syndrome.

it will be if we go down because of not signing enough quality, especially as its the season every team needs to stay in this league

if you think an mls reject and becchio are good enough to be first choice players in the league youre living in la la land.

its just massively underwhelming.

desperately need one from hooper or graham. should just pay celtic what they want

Cat and mouse with Celtic?

@paddyjdavitt: #ncfc CH says Hooper is still ''on going'' but nothing further to report & he knocked curtis davies talk on the head. #edp24 #en24

I hope Hughton is just playing his cards close to his chest.  The incentives for staying up are huge and everyone can see we are in despperate need for a couple of decent forwards good enough for a starting place.

http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/1/30/3931442/kei-kamara-leaving-sporting-kc-for-norwich-city

Kamara scored 30 goals over the last three seasons - all from his newfound right wing position, mind you - and created 18 more for teammates through assists. 2012 was the pick of the litter, though, with Kamara setting career highs in goals (11) and assists (8).

Quite simply, Kei Kamara has become one of the most dangerous attacking players MLS has to offer.

Yes, technika Mls reject. But guess you would have said the same thing if we had signed michu for 2m, or la fondre from rotherham.

But wait, every other league doesn''t possibly have any good players at bargain prices.

at last someone with football sense?  i totally think the same as you baracouda but i would still like us to sign one know prem striker like graham who has proven to score goals in the prem?

absolutely bigkev.

At the moment, we have spent nothing if reports are correct.

Becchio + 1m

Kamara loan (can''t imagine loan free more than 1m)

Camp free agent.

I''m hoping that they are keeping their powder dry for a big one.

[quote user="Baracouda"]

Quite simply, Kei Kamara has become one of the most dangerous attacking players MLS has to offer.

Yes, technika Mls reject. But guess you would have said the same thing if we had signed michu for 2m, or la fondre from rotherham.

But wait, every other league doesn''t possibly have any good players at bargain prices.[/quote]

lmao. the mls is a terrible league, the only reason over the hill european players go there is to line their pockets for a few years while their legs slowly give up.

michu played in la liga!

what im saying is city need to splash the cash, invest and take the risk on a quality striker to be in with a fighting chance, look at the quality being brought in across the league and yet city are signing unproven cr@p

[quote user="technika"]becchio and kamara are rotation/squad players at best[/quote]Unless they come into the team like Tettey or Garrido and make their respective positions their own.

So Kamara had 11 in 33 from the right wing? His clips did show him coming in from the wing a lot so I did wonder.. Has a tremendous leap as well though so I wonder if he''ll be up front for us when he does play. Agree about the signings not costing us anything as well and keeping money free for a big bid on someone. Plus the wages for Kamara and Luciano won''t be crazy and gets rid of Moro''s potentially

dont you think if they had genuine quality there might be a few more clubs in the running for them?

i like becchio, good player in the championship, suspect if he was good enough to be a premier league starter someone else would have had him by nowas for kamara, same applies

2004–2005Orange County Blue Star19(16)
2006–2007Columbus Crew36(5)
2008San Jose Earthquakes12(2)
2008–2009Houston Dynamo32(7)
2009–Sporting Kansas City98(31)
2013Norwich City (loan)0(0)
oh aye thats a glowing cv that isi hope im proven wrong but either way there needs to be a big signing, if only to lift everyone.

and no not curtis davies thank you very much. yet another one who if he was good enough Birmingham would be inundated with offers

God give me strength - MLS ''REJECT''?? - talk about making up bollocks to strengthen your ''argument'' - what are you on about you ignorant muppet?

ahhh look whatever dude they are squad players at best at this level, we already have/had those

city need quality

Technika, It might not be a league up there with the big European leagues.

But I guess Dempsey, is an awful player as well just because he started in the mls (christ these players growing up in the states, why didn''t they ever think not to play in the mls... they have an epl side just down the road),

sure there is plenty of players that wouldn''t get close to the premiership plying their trade in the mls. But to say every single one is incapable is very unfair. I would also suspect, that you never watched an mls game.

I trust CH signings so far, and if he thinks he''s worth a shot. I''m happy with that.

Kamara could be a decent player for us. I don''t get the MLS is crap argument because then you have to shove the same argument at Hooper and the SPL because the standard there is shocking too.

I think tonight proved that if Bassong stays fit we will stay up for sure

dempsey is 29he played 3 seasons in the mls, hes been here 5 or 6 seasons nowkamara is 28 and played his whole career there

like i said, squad players at best, need a marquee signing with some real quality

As there names have been mentioned already,look at Ba and Michu''s cvs. Hardly glittering. Wait to see what happens before getting on their case.

I would also like to mention our signings over summer. They''ve turned out pretty good so far. Did you know much about them?

bassong, snodgrass & garrido ??lol yeh just a bit ;)

pretty sure snodgrass was a lambert choice, had been on the list long before hughton was near the clubas for turner - i think the jury is still out on that one

all

im saying if those two are it for attacking options then it has the

potential to be a major screw up, take a risk and spend big if not we

may well spend another age in the championship

Might remind people that if a player''s club refuse to sell, there is nothing we can do about that. How about you stop wallowing in your own pathetic misery and get behind whoever pulls on the shirt and turns out for the club?

Hughton has got most things right transfer wise and I have no fears about Kamara and Becchio either. Just look at tonight if you need proof of how much getting behind the lads helps them.

they are both an improvement on Morison and Kane and Jackson so I dont see how you think its not good? But then you would find something wrong if we only signed Ronaldo and Messi wouldnt you?

[quote user="Baracouda"]absolutely bigkev. At the moment, we have spent nothing if reports are correct. Becchio + 1m Kamara loan (can''t imagine loan free more than 1m) Camp free agent. I''m hoping that they are keeping their powder dry for a big one.[/quote]

this would certainly take some doing by the club......eveyone calling for us to sign a big name striker, and apparantly putting in bids of £5,£6 & £7m and then ending the January transfer window making a profit ?!?!?!?

I don''t know if this is the same quote as from 5Live, but this is EDP quote:

“The clubs [Leeds and NCFC] are in discussion and that is one I hope gets done,” said the City chief [Hughton], who distanced the club from speculation linking him with his former Birmingham centre-back Curtis Davies. “Whether Steve Morison has to be part of the deal or not, I don’t know, but that is the way the talks are going. All I know is we are in discussions with Leeds. We hope that can be concluded.

"With Hooper everyone knows where we are with him. We have put in bids that have been turned down (by Celtic). That is their prerogative. He is a very important play for them. Whether anything else happens, I don’t know. Do I think there will be any other business done? I don’t think so. The striking department was the most important one so I don’t expect anything else to happen apart from the ones we are looking at.”

Which - surprise, surprise - is ambiguous. When Hughton says he doesn''t expect any other business done it is not clear whether or not he includes a Hooper deal in "the ones we are looking at". But from that  - and Hughton is articulate - I don''t think he is ruling out a Hooper deal. He doesn''t say it is dead in the water - although I think it is unless we offer at least £7m.

Morison, Jackson & Kane have managed 2 league goals between them this season. If Becchio & Kamara can grab 6 or 7 between them then that may well be enough to keep us in the league. We don''t yet now if anyone else will come in or if the Becchio deal will actually happen.

Whilst I am not massively excited by Kamara/Becchio I think they should receive our full support and backing. Perhaps if Morison had received that he may have continued as he started his career. Perhaps Becchio can replicate those first few months of Morison if he arrives.

I am fairly confident we will get our ''marquee'' signing tomorrow!

Probably just very hopefull, but I reckon there will be a big surprise come 11PM...