Sign in to follow this  
NimChimpskee

Batistuta for City!!

Has anyone else been thinking of what lucrative signings could be aquired for the new season when again (and not before time) we will surely be gracing the premiership? I heard recently that Gabriel Batistuta is currently playing in the small-time Qatar league in the Middle East and would love to have a shot in the English Premiership before he finally hangs his boots up.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we could land such a legendary signing? If so, please give your thoughts as to who could be wearing the canary colours next season.

on 65,000+ a week???? get real
wouldnt want him anyway, the one this club doesnt need is people who think that they are all that(well maybe he is but it wouldnt rub iff well on other players)

haha, i can''t really see Batistuta playing for city next season, however what about Chris Sutton coming back?! I can''t see that there''s much keeping him playing in the SPL, another go in the Prem with city would be right up his street, surely?!

OTBC!

I''m not a great believer in going back to your former club - it very seldom seems to work. Robert Fleck being a good example - although he was okay second time around, he was nowhere near as effective as first time.

If we''re in fantasy land, let''s go get Figo, and Maldini too while we''re at it.........

Like it! Only snag could be £100k per week wages plus his wifes inevitable demand for a Prada shop installed in Castle Mall...to think ''Batigol'' in Chigagos of a Saturday Night.
Other ''we can all dream'' signings we could consider are Veron, Butt to bolster midfield. Cant think of any legendary centre halves to fit the bill though.

We already have two legendary centre-halves. And hopefully a third in the making.

I would much rather see us do a WBA than a Leicester. It''s embarrassing to watch 11 free transfers survive in the prem. Make one or two quality signings, and then give the boys that got us to the prem their chance.

I agree with Mook, get in some Premiership experienced players. No fancy, expensive foriegners, Ipswich were fine till they bough Finindi George. I think Worthy would not be tempted by second rate overseas players, he got rid of ours after all. I would rather see hungry British players who have fought against relegation before rather than way-past-their-best foriegners looking for the last big pay cheque.

I didn''t mention anything about British players, I merely said quality players.

I have always raised points on this message board about how we need flair and creativity, and frankly we ain''t gonna get that from any british players. In the premier league, battling doesn''t count for too much when you can''t make clearcut chances. I don''t want any mercenaries, but Bowyer and Batty are both greedy bas****s and they''re as english as steak and kidney pie.

I just think we need two or three players of very high quality, vision and skill and then the backbone of our team will do the rest.

Ok ok I get the idea! Maybe we wouldn''t quite have the funds for Batistuta. But I feel like we could really do with a quality striker to join Hukerby, as I doubt McKenzie or Svensson could really cut the mustard with the big boys. Is there anyone we can poach from the teams being relegated - like Big Les, or Kenny Miller, or even Viduka????

Blimey! 3 games each for City and you''ve written them off already! McKenzie has had rave reviews in the national press and we all know Svensson can do a job in the premier - have some faith! But first of all, we need to do the job in this division - don''t forget we have 3 games in one week in the not too distant future that will decide our fate. Let''s get past them first.

I think that the players that could possibly/definately play to a high standard in the premiership are Green, Drury, Fleming, McVeigh, Francis, Huckerby.

So I think with a few signings we should line up like this....

Green
G.Neville Terry Woodgate Drury
McVeigh Francis Zidane
Huckerby
Henry Nistelrooy

I think that the players that could possibly/definately play to a high standard in the premiership are Green, Drury,McVeigh, Francis, Huckerby.

So I think with a few signings we should line up like this....

Green
G.Neville Terry Woodgate Drury
McVeigh Francis Zidane
Huckerby
Henry Nistelrooy