Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Bassong

Someone mentioned on a previous thread (sorry, can''t find the damn thing!) that Bassong was limping at the end of the game. Anyone else see this?

If so, this is even more of a concern to me than lack of strikers. There is no doubt that, for whatever reason, our defence falls apart without him. We really do need someone else of his calibre at the back.

The only other possibility - which I don''t think we''ve seen this season - would be Martin & Turner at the back. Could this work? Martin had some excellent games at CB last year (including a spectacular one in partnership with Naughton!) & perhaps could develop this side of his game further.

It''s obviously an unknown though, & therefore risky. I think we do need to bring in someone like Curtis to breathe a little easier.

Would be a major set-back.

If needs be, I too would want Martin alongside Turner but that assumes Whittaker is back. Otherwise, is playing Elliot Bennett at right wing-back realistic? Lambert would have done this I suspect.

He was moving a bit sheepishly for most of the second half after a challenge with Bale I think it was.

I''m sure he''s fine, might just be a knock