Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Graham to Middlesbrough???

He must want to go back home really badly!!!! Can''t we step in and make a cheeky bid for him? Proven scorer at this level, unlike the other two we are after.

Well perhaps we should still be chasing.

Becchio and Kamara are not enough to move us forward and Becchio is no more than a swap and if anything a backwards step - that will still leave us with just 4 striking options overall with no greater capability.

Watching Bassong limping highlights the need for a defender and tettey and bj tiring shows we also need those positions strengthening as well as another striking option.

If he''s prepared to drop a division to be nearer his family, there''s not much point in us being after him.  Seems a bit strange though, after being at Watford and Swansea for 4 years.

Remember both Steven Smith and James Vaughan both wanted out of NCFC due to being homesick and not settling.  Perhaps best we don''t spend £5million on a player who doesn''t wanna live hundreds of miles from his hometown.

I applaud Graham too. Many of us have made the same decision, and have put a move back home before money/status. I applaud him even more for not signing

for the rival to his boyhood/family club.

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]I applaud Graham too. Many of us have made the same decision, and have put a move back home before money/status. I applaud him even more for not signing

for the rival to his boyhood/family club.[/quote]

Restores your faith, momentarily, in footballers good on him..

''Boro are also in the play-offs of course, so it''s not really a bad move. Could easily be back in the Prem within the next few years - good on him though for putting his family first.