Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Deadline Day, Will you be happy come 11pm with what we have and what do you realistically hope for?

Given that we are getting Kamara on loan with an eye to a permanent move in the summer and Becchoi in a swap plus cash deal, again not too bad swapping a 29 year misfiring striker for one who is scoring, a good thing in my book and if we make profit on it even better.

But what next?

If nothing more than the two above then, that’s fine with me.

As I said you can spend 10 million and there is no guarantee that a player will be successful.

We have failed to strengthen our starting 11 but we have given ourselves more choices and options up top and freshened things up too, new competition for the front line.

As I said I believe we would have stayed up anyway and I’m more for saving the money for the summer when more options will become available at realistic prices.

Would I like to see a Hooper or RVW, well hell yes, but not if it’s going to break the bank and we also need to consider the players and clubs too, we can’t expect to sign players if the clubs don’t want to sell or they don’t want to come to Norwich.

Last night proved that we have enough in our starting 11 to compete and the rest of the games are there for us to get to that magical 40 points, it won’t be easy but not out of reach.

Am I happy, no I would not say happy but considering where we are, yes content is more the emotion today.

So if no more signings today so be it, it’s still a good season, we have not been in the bottom three since mid October, we sit 7 points ahead of the bottom 4 teams with 14 games to go. Great place to be!

I think last night perfectly illustrates why we won''t be OK. A team playing very well in the first half but without that little bit of quality to get a second goal, possibly enough to go on and win the game. Fail like that against Fulham and the relegation threat ratchets up a further notch.

One problem is how we will fit new signings into our squad of 25 - i think i''m right that there weren''t any spaces ''available'' but Lapps has gone, Camp has come in; Becchio and Moro seems to be a swap, I''m not sure if we need another leaver for Kamara?

Agree with the OP. Have absolute faith that McNally and Hughton will not panic buy or pay a far too risky over the odds sum of money. Would be great to have a marquee signing but will not be gnashing my teeth if we fail to do so.

That bloomin emoticon is right next to the post button. Half my posts end up with the horrible thing because of my fat fingers

Becchio may be scoring but in the league below and with a team he knows inside out. As much as I like the idea of a complete unknown like Kamara I do have to wonder why at 28 it has taken this long for his talent to be recognised.

I think if it is just this two then we are taking a massive risk with our Premier League future, it may come off and I will be delighted for them....but the odds are against them being an instant hit and that is what we need.

Absolutely not !! We desperately need a quality centre half. If Seb Bassong gets injured again we are dead in the water, as has been quite readily demonstrated already. I would think Mr Davies might fit the bill, if not, there must be a decent one out there somewhere, considering that we obviously have at least £5 million to spend. I would maybe like to see another attacking midfielder in, and I think Mackie would fit the bill. We have the two strikers we were promised (almost) and I quite glad that Graham (Boro'') Hooper ( going nowhere) and RVW (always a fantasy) are finished now so that we can concentrate on what we really need now.

I am sure we would all like a quality striker in. I also agree with the other thread that a defensive midfielder is required. Tettey and BJ need a hand, and also more competition for their places.

But I agree with you Indy, would rather no business than financially reckless business. Although we do seem to have some money to spend we should not be lured into inflated prices.

So whilst hoping for some good news today, I think we need to be preparing ourselves for not much business being done.

Just glad that I will not be near a tv for much of the day and can soared myself the SSN torture.

There are definitely valid points in what my fellow supporters have posted, but I''ll support whoever plays for my club! I was really hoping for RvW, as he''s a class player! I saw him play live once and he was just about the best player on the park. I must admit Becchio will be a decent signing too imo. But everything asside, January is not a good month to do bussiness! So I don''t think we can hope for additions to all the positions we would like an addition for. Our only goal is safety, and that''s why our team will need all the support they can get. So all new players have to be welcomed and the supporters have their part to play too OTBC!

I think the club will live to regret not splashing the cash on a "proven" goalscorer. Even more advertising cash is being pumped into the premier league next season so its shortsighted not to go all out and stay up. Its got to be worth it surely? Or maybe the board don''t care as long as their debt free.From a fans perspective it smacks of lack of ambition (as always), like we should just be grateful little old Norwich are doing "ok" and thats enough. I''ll never understand why we can''t aim to be a top six side, but there ya go!Frustrating as hell!

Will you be happy?

No. Because I agree with this post from Jim Smith:

is it acceptable to take that chance when we obviously do have some money to spend. Such an important season for the club and so important to stay in the premier league. I think it would be a major risk on the clubs part to just spend a million getting in Becchio and a loan fee on Kamara.

I for one therefore hope and expect us to make a final attempt to sign Hooper today and if we do we need to make a proper offer and stop messing about. if they say not then so be it but Celtic do not need or want to sell so putting in cheeky bids such as that reported last night in the hope it will tempt them seems futile to me. Fingers crossed we manage to pull it off. Could make all the difference come May and i am not sure we can afford not to take a bit of a gamble on him.

I discount Kamara, even if he gets a work permit. He may have an impact in  a few games, but I wouldn''t bank on it. Anything from him will be a bonus. And if Morison is part of the Becchio deal then we are not better off in terms of numbers and on the face of it hardly better off in terms of quality.

What we will still lack is a pure goalscorer. And what Reading have shown with Le Fondre is the flaw in the "We only play with one up front so buying a goalscorer would be a waste of money" argument. Reading normally start with one up front (as last night) and Le Fondre has only started eight games. But the goals he is scoring late on as a sub have rescued Reading''s season. Which is eaxctly the option we don''t have. And didn''t have last night.

That said, if there is only money for one extra player, the alternative purchase would be a high-class all-purpose midfielder. Someone better than Johnson and  Tettey are at dictating play and keeping possession.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]I think the club will live to regret not splashing the cash on a "proven" goalscorer. Even more advertising cash is being pumped into the premier league next season so its shortsighted not to go all out and stay up. Its got to be worth it surely? Or maybe the board don''t care as long as their debt free.From a fans perspective it smacks of lack of ambition (as always), like we should just be grateful little old Norwich are doing "ok" and thats enough. I''ll never understand why we can''t aim to be a top six side, but there ya go!Frustrating as hell![/quote]

BECAUSE WE DON''T HAVE THAT SORT OF MONEY YOU MUPPET !!!!!!

Kamara will likely take a while to get going, even assuming a work permit, so I have no great expectations of him.

Becchio, on the other hand, will likely improve our goal scoring and seems a natural goal scorer, from what I know of him.

I really do expect us to meet Celtic''s valuation of Hooper today, and for us to sign him, unless another club comes in with a better offer.

Hard work alone will not keep us in this league, we showed last night we have no cutting edge in the final third and a lack of creativity going forward.

The game was there for the taking last night and we bottled it, why we score so few goals is down to Hughton.Lets be honest too, after the gutless performances against Liverpool and Luton the least they had to do was work hard.