Sign in to follow this  
IrishCelt67

You've had a 3rd Hooper bid rejected

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

So, despite being a massive Club.

Despite being inevitable champions.

Despite having a couple of fixtures coming up against a side from Torino.

Despite having a mealy mouthed cock sure manager.

Despite being confident Hooper''s value will stay the same or increase by the summer.

You STILL have a valuation on a player you don''t want/need to sell?

Is it because the player WANTS to go because like most players he is just looking for #1.

If he comes to Norwich and does well, guess what?

If Spurs match our bid, guess what?

Take a reality pill and drop the bull.

I refer you to my initial post about Celtic wanting to save face, but it works both ways and we have a valuation too and are not afraid to walk away. if the deal isn''t right for us and this untested player.

Why don''t Celtic say: ''The player is under contract and is not for sale at any price?''

[/quote]Because all players are for sale if the money''s big enough. Only an idiot thinks otherwise. See Ronaldo, Man United - Real Madrid, for example.How are you so sure the player wants to go today? He hasn''t handed in a transfer request. He doesn''t want to sign a new contract but his current deal still has 18 months to run.You''ll walk away? Hah! Try it. Do you honestly think Celtic will be on the phone saying ''please give us the £5m''?As for ''take a reality pill'' - I enjoyed that, particularly after you denigrated Juventus to being some ''side from Torino''. Jesus![/quote]

Why hasn''t Hooper come out and said he wants to stay at Celtic for the rest of the season? That would have stopped all these extra bids

Perhaps you should go and support Juventus.

I''ll tell you what is happening here. Norwich are keeping the deal alive but not making the decisive offer because a Club of our size and stature in the EPL easily gets gazumped. If we were bigger, more EPL established or in London things would be much easier. But we are provincial with mainly a local following.

As soon as we agree a fee with Celtic in will come the matched bids from other EPL sides with more appealing locations and better personal terms for the player and his agent. Our only chance is to hang in there and look to score the 89th minute winner.

We don''t need quality and costly players for odd games in Europe, we need them in numbers week in and week out to survive in this league because the financial drop in relegation is like going to play games in Scotland. This is our situation.

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

So, despite being a massive Club.

Despite being inevitable champions.

Despite having a couple of fixtures coming up against a side from Torino.

Despite having a mealy mouthed cock sure manager.

Despite being confident Hooper''s value will stay the same or increase by the summer.

You STILL have a valuation on a player you don''t want/need to sell?

Is it because the player WANTS to go because like most players he is just looking for #1.

If he comes to Norwich and does well, guess what?

If Spurs match our bid, guess what?

Take a reality pill and drop the bull.

I refer you to my initial post about Celtic wanting to save face, but it works both ways and we have a valuation too and are not afraid to walk away. if the deal isn''t right for us and this untested player.

Why don''t Celtic say: ''The player is under contract and is not for sale at any price?''

[/quote]Because all players are for sale if the money''s big enough. Only an idiot thinks otherwise. See Ronaldo, Man United - Real Madrid, for example.How are you so sure the player wants to go today? He hasn''t handed in a transfer request. He doesn''t want to sign a new contract but his current deal still has 18 months to run.You''ll walk away? Hah! Try it. Do you honestly think Celtic will be on the phone saying ''please give us the £5m''?As for ''take a reality pill'' - I enjoyed that, particularly after you denigrated Juventus to being some ''side from Torino''. Jesus![/quote]

Why hasn''t Hooper come out and said he wants to stay at Celtic for the rest of the season? That would have stopped all these extra bids

[/quote]Lennon has been quoted as saying he''s spoken to him and he''s happy to see the season out at Parkhead. This was reported last week or so.

Because maybe he doesn''t want to miss the chance to play in the Prem - it''s weird him or his representatives have not really said much about the deal

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I''ll tell you what is happening here. Norwich are keeping the deal alive but not making the decisive offer because a Club of our size and stature in the EPL easily gets gazumped. If we were bigger, more EPL established or in London things would be much easier. But we are provincial with mainly a local following.

As soon as we agree a fee with Celtic in will come the matched bids from other EPL sides with more appealing locations and better personal terms for the player and his agent. Our only chance is to hang in there and look to score the 89th minute winner.

We don''t need quality and costly players for odd games in Europe, we need them in numbers week in and week out to survive in this league because the financial drop in relegation is like going to play games in Scotland. This is our situation.

[/quote]If you need quality players week in, week out to survive, you need to pay the asking price to get them then, don''t you. The financial drop in relegation is like going to play in Scotland? Don''t make me laugh. Your parachute payments are worth about 10 times what we get in domestic TV revenue.

[quote user="AJ"]Because maybe he doesn''t want to miss the chance to play in the Prem - it''s weird him or his representatives have not really said much about the deal[/quote]He''s 25 mate. I''m pretty sure this won''t be his only chance to play in the EPL.Summertime is when the move will happen, as far as I can see. Whether it''s to you boys or not, we''ll have to wait and see. That is unless your CEO goes all-in tonight and offers big money.

[quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]SSN reckons 4th bid gone in...[/quote]Well good luck with it. I''d rather he played for Norwich than some bunch of arseholes like Chelsea or QPR.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Tell you what Irishcelt. When this is all over I hope you stay on this board. It''s been excellent banter and I for one would welcome your input.[/quote]Always good to share views with fellow footie fans, Rudolph. Some clubs you end up instinctively despising but Norwich are an honest bunch and I''d like to see Hughton do well. I''ve a feeling he''ll manage our national team eventually.

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="AJ"]Because maybe he doesn''t want to miss the chance to play in the Prem - it''s weird him or his representatives have not really said much about the deal[/quote]He''s 25 mate. I''m pretty sure this won''t be his only chance to play in the EPL.Summertime is when the move will happen, as far as I can see. Whether it''s to you boys or not, we''ll have to wait and see. That is unless your CEO goes all-in tonight and offers big money.[/quote]

Irish, I have enjoyed your take on this, and 70 plus posts shows you are a tad concerned ;)

Footballers very rarely wait for another day to take an opportunity, their careers are short and they grab the chance while it is there. Who knows what could happen in the next 6 months (to him I mean). Live for today I say!!

During the summer the common theme on these boards around Holt and his transfer request was that we should be looking for £10m, now it seems that £8m that celtic apparently want for Hooper is too much. Baring in mind their respective ages the only logicial explanation is that the same posters dont think Hooper is as good as Holt and therefore it begs the question why we are getting all moist over this player who will not improve are first XI when playing the formation we know will be played for the remainder of this season (ie one striker). Rather than spunk the majority of our budget on Hooper we must be looking for someone better than Holt to score the goals to keep us up no?

Not putting my faith in Talkspirt at all IC, in fact I cannot stand the programme and I do not listen to it at all. However it is being reported by other media outlets like SSN, who maybe do have a bit more credence with their reporting.

I would like to see it happen of course, and I think even Neil Lennon stated this week that every player has his price? So if we match those requirements, and those of the player and his agent so be it. If he decides NCFC and the premier league (well documented as being the best in the world and shown worldwide every Saturday) is not for him, then good luck to him, and Celtic in their forthcoming CL encounters and the rest of the SPLIT season, (which is wrapped up anyway).

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Rudolph, is that really the rationale behind all our low bidding? That Spurs, say, want to buy Hooper but are waiting to see what price we set? As opposed to simply bidding themselves?  What if we don''t agree a price with Celtic? At what point will Spurs realise that isn''t going to happen and hope their bid isn''t too late? Surely if Spurs or any other much-richer-than-ourselves Premier League club wanted to buy Hooper they would just put in an offer rather than quibble over the odd half a million? At the start of the window perhaps not. But now? Everyone in football knows we are after Hooper.