Sign in to follow this  
IrishCelt67

You've had a 3rd Hooper bid rejected

@BBCchrismclaug: Neil Lennon tells @bbcsportsound #Celtic knocked back

third bid from #Norwich for Gary Hooper yesterday. Says bid fell well

short.

God that Sunday league team are so far up their own ass.

£8 million is plenty for an unproven player.

If I was them I''d break wrists. Then buy someone like Steve Morrison for a million. A bloke who can score 9 goals in the prem. must be the same as 27 in the Sunday Scottish league!

[quote user="alartz"]God that Sunday league team are so far up their own ass.

£8 million is plenty for an unproven player.

If I was them I''d break wrists. Then buy someone like Steve Morrison for a million. A bloke who can score 9 goals in the prem. must be the same as 27 in the Sunday Scottish league![/quote]"Sunday league team"Thanks for the laugh.Was it £8m? I highly doubt that.

jackson or morison would probably be on close to 30 a season in that league, the problem is they have no real re sale value to a team like celtic

Good. I don''t want Hooper, very overrated!

I read people are moaning about us signing Beccio and wanting us to sign Hooper, but LB has scored 19 goals in a league that is on average far better than the SPL

Funny how we have a good record of keeping our transfer business private and Lennon was apparently disgusted that details of the approach had mysteriously become public since which point he''s been very keen to publicly state we aren''t bidding enough. #rumbled #attemptedonemanbiddingwar.

[quote user="SYG"]Good. I don''t want Hooper, very overrated!

I read people are moaning about us signing Beccio and wanting us to sign Hooper, but LB has scored 19 goals in a league that is on average far better than the SPL[/quote]Um, Hooper scored 19 in the Championship before signing for us.

That''s part of my point, our fans are moaning about LB yet getting over excited about Hooper.

Why should we pay a ridiculous amount of money for Hooper when LB is proven to score the same amount of goals

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="SYG"]Good. I don''t want Hooper, very overrated! I read people are moaning about us signing Beccio and wanting us to sign Hooper, but LB has scored 19 goals in a league that is on average far better than the SPL[/quote]

Um, Hooper scored 19 in the Championship before signing for us.
[/quote]

Yes paddy  ...he may  well have done ...in a whole season ...not half a season !

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="SYG"]Good. I don''t want Hooper, very overrated!

I read people are moaning about us signing Beccio and wanting us to sign Hooper, but LB has scored 19 goals in a league that is on average far better than the SPL[/quote]Um, Hooper scored 19 in the Championship before signing for us.[/quote]Um, what''s your point?  Why would City drop a nut for Hooper when Beccio comes in for Morison and one million to us?  You can keep him for now and we''ll pick him up for a fraction in the summer.  Thing is you''ll still be the SPL and he''ll be playing in a far better league no matter what happens.

Hooper scored 20 in that whole season at Scunny, Becchio has 19 already, and we won''t have our pants pulled down to get him.

I wouldn''t be too cocky if I were you, still might happen, Hughton has said it''s "on going"...

19 in the championship? Worth 9 in the prem. being generous.

Do you want Jackson or Morrison? Be a superb signing for Celtic and at a quarter of £8 million would have been great business.

Oh well guess not. Keep on winning that paperclip cup or whatever it is

The SPL is no better than mid championship and most SPL teams would stuggle at that. Hooper is worth no more than aroud £3 million so i for one would not be dissapointed if we walk away from that one.

"I wouldn''t be too cocky if I were you, still might happen, Hughton has said it''s "on going"...

Sounds to me Hughton''s left to to McNally to chip away for the next 24hrs.

[quote user="alartz"]19 in the championship? Worth 9 in the prem. being generous.

Do you want Jackson or Morrison? Be a superb signing for Celtic and at a quarter of £8 million would have been great business.

Oh well guess not. Keep on winning that paperclip cup or whatever it is[/quote]You come across as rather bitter. It''s just football, don''t let it get under your skin.

[quote user="The Pink''un Role Model"][quote]"I wouldn''t be too cocky if I were you, still might happen, Hughton has said it''s "on going"...

Sounds to me Hughton''s left to to McNally to chip away for the next 24hrs.[/quote]Cocky? I merely informed you of the fact that Lenny has said a 3rd bid was rejected. As for ''chipping away'', your CEO is making a right royal balls of it frankly. Every bid so far has been nowhere near what Celtic want. The guy has 18 months left on his deal, we''ve got a big CL tie coming up and the ball is in our court.

[quote user="alartz"]Just stating how it is.

Why don''t the mighty hoops join a proper league.

Then see how good u really are. Won''t be no more hand outs for Europe for Celtic.[/quote]Because clubs can''t just ''decide'' to join a different league. This is something of a basic of football.As for the handouts, going through 2 qualifying rounds to get into the Champions League doesn''t quite make a ''handout''.

Celtic may play in a crap league but they are a bigger club than we will ever be,i think some of our lot are getting a bit too "premier league"

Bigger because there was only two teams in Scotland or was.

Bigger because they''ve got a free pass into Europe. Bit like some of the European leagues.

Join the big boys in the premier league. The welsh seem to be doing alright

i think it would be very interesting to see if Celtic was in premiership.

Short-term, they would struggle that I am sure of, (i.e mid-table ish). Think the lack of squad depth, and a few weaknesses in the side.

But long-term, with a 60k seater stadium (size of emirates), zero debt, and the support of a nation and a half (irish and half of Scotland) that they would grow to become a force in the EPL.

How big is debatable, but the would largely depend how severe the FFP goes in the coming years. As I can''t see Celtic selling their club to some Arabian Prince, and renaming the ground.

Never mind who is a bigger club, if Hooper did well for us then it would do his career a hell of a lot more than doing well at Celtic

Celtic are a huge club with a big fan base , but sadly for them they play is a poor league. Hooper  knows that if he wants to further his career he will have to leave Celtic no getting away from that.But i cant see him leaving in January but i thing he will be leaving in the summer and for a lot less than 8 million as he will only have a year left on his contract . So Celtic can either cash in now or risk losing money on him in the summer.

i myself have no doubt whatsoever that i could get into double figures playing in the spl  just hanging around the 6 yard box ... celtic are a huge club but its a joke league... norwich fans should respect celtic as a club cos they are massive ....  but celtic fans have to accept that unless they relocate to milton keynes then if an epl club wants one of there players badly enough its always going to happen OTBC

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]Just stating how it is. Why don''t the mighty hoops join a proper league. Then see how good u really are. Won''t be no more hand outs for Europe for Celtic.[/quote]

Because clubs can''t just ''decide'' to join a different league. This is something of a basic of football.

As for the handouts, going through 2 qualifying rounds to get into the Champions League doesn''t quite make a ''handout''.
[/quote]

No doubt your club have no desire to start at the bottom of the English leagues either which is what should be required

celtic is a bigger club, but that does not always mean so much to players.

We can offer him more money and a bigger stage to play on, on a weekly basis... these are more important to the modern football. I am sick of parrots repeating "celtic is a big club"... so what?? blah blah blah

Celtic are a massive club. If they spent 10 years in the prem I''m sure they would end up being a top 4 club.

Swansea and cardiff are allowed in so why not let Celtic and rangers in?

It''s a bit disrespectful knocking Celtic. Their fan base is massive and history. I had a great night out there pre season and for drurys testimonial at our place.

As for the Hooper deal I''m.not sure. I sit back and think if I was him what would I do say if reading came in for me ...

Money and ambition come into it obviously. But I think if he wants to play for England nd play at the highest level then move on.

Its a shame there is not a world cup coming up! ...

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Celtic are a massive club. If they spent 10 years in the prem I''m sure they would end up being a top 4 club. Swansea and cardiff are allowed in so why not let Celtic and rangers in?[/quote]

It''s not that straightforward. Which teams would you suggest asking to make way for them?

Swansea and Cardiff began at the conception of the leagues as I understand. The Scots were clearly not as quick off the mark as the Welsh.

Celtic are a bigger club but the be all and end all is they are not a better team and they are not in a better league. They are able to raise their game once every three weeks and put all into the Champions League because a blindfolded man with a £5 note in his pocket could win the SPL.

Hooper will never play for England while playing for Celtic. He would have a chance at Norwich just because of the league we play in. Any Englishman wants to play for England.

8 million is ridiculous when you concider Pato was sold for 12 million and Giuseppe Rossi went for 8 or whatever it was. Both are proven international forwards with a track record that makes Hooper look like a league 1 forward.