Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Number_7

Transfers

Does anyone else think that we need some new midfielders. Central midfielders! to give tettey, Johnson and hoolahan a bit of competition. At the moment Holt isn''t getting the service, and that''s why he''s not scoring. There were several times I was screaming for a little through ball for holt when he was unmarked. we seem to be relying on the midfield to score. I haven''t got that much faith in Johnson or tettey scoring anytime soon. Just thing we need an extra really good quality midfielder instead if gambling 6-8m on Hooper.

For 45 minutes last night we dominated one of the best midfields in the Premier League. Yes we could do with a little more creativity, as much as I love him a Wes upgrade would be ideal, but these kind of players cost an awful lot of money. What we really need to do is deliver more consistently from wide areas. Snodgrass is capable of putting in some fantastic balls and is our most dangerous attacking player but he is still quite inconsistent and Pilks seems to have lost a little of the belief he had last season.So whilst I don''t necessarily disagree with your point but I''m not sure that the kind of player we would need to fit into Chris Hughton''s preferred formation is available within our price range.

We can improve midfield in the summer.  The midfield is good enough, we''ve got 9 players I think, who can play MF, so we''d need to move 1 on today in order for a new one to be signed.  Very unlikely to happen...

We do need a third option at defensive midfield.   It was clear that it was tettey and bj tiring that allowed spurs back in the game - no fault on their part - but we need an option to keep up that intensity for the season - so an option there is needed.   Not sure it can really wait until the summer but it may have to.

Likewise bassong still limping says he wont play every game until the season end - a further option is needed there.

And finally - grant has not had as many chance but he has had them,   failed to get one on target again yest,  which is why we need another striking option - so far we have simply kept the same just with different names.  

I think we have to face up to the fact that our first team runs on very fine margins...a couple of injuries in any area and we''re struggling.  I think Hughton has the knowledge and vision to help our team evolve into one that can adapt to cope, both in personnel and formations, etc. with whatever life throws at us

We have far too many midfielders at the moment! There is no doubt we''ll bring in some new players in the summer if we stay up, but for now I think we''ve got a very competitive midfield;

CM: Tettey, BJ, Fox, Howson, Smith

Wings: Snoddy, Pilks, Benno, Surman, Kamara

If anything, I''d rather see us bring in Curtis Davies as backup to Bassong/Turner. R. Bennett has looked a little shakey lately, and I don''t rate Barnett at this level