Sign in to follow this  
3pmkickoff

This can't be true

If Charlton wasn''t fit then why was he playing?. After one of the pre-season friendlies Worthy was asked about Briggs and he said he had Eddy, Helveg and Holt as temp cover in that position hence Briggs being let go.

Instead we leave Safri on the bench, leave Holt in midfield and play an unfit player out of position

I''m hoping Charlton''s comments are out of context, if not then then I''m completely baffled at the team selection

I''m afraid it is true.

I was annoyed to hear that a totally left footed player was selected when surely Fleming ought to have been right back and Shackell in the centre?

FACT ONE - Fleming is a naturally right footed player. FACT TWO - he is taller than Charlton (did you notice how Charlton hesitated as the pass comes toward him? He didn''t know whether to go for it in the air or not. MAYBE Fleming would have got his head to it and the goal would have been prevented?). 

It is absolutely ridiculous that Worthy plays a defender who admits to being injured and says he would have been left out and leaves a perfectly capable centre back on the bench!! 

If anyone heard a caller to Radio Norfolk Canary Call at about 5.20 last Saturday after the WBA game, they will know that Shacks will be leaving in the summer.Apparently he is becoming disillusioned at the lack of first team opportunities and who can blame him?         

I think you will find that Shackell didn''t say he was going to leave, what actually was said / overheard was:

Man in stand to Shackell: "So, when are you going to get a game?"

Shackell: "You tell me"

Hardly Shackell saying he was going to leave. You would think though, that if he was good enough then he would have played by now, he barely played last season

Must admit, the fact that we went into the Blackburn match with 3 leftbacks on the pitch and no rightback had me fearing the worst. When the team was announced and the players were warming up, I figured that Fleming would play rightback so to see Charlton there was rather odd, especially as he can play centreback. I''d have loved to have seen Shackell on, especially when we were 3-0 down as the game was definitely over at that stage. A strange decision indeed...