Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Becchio passes medical...

So surely the next thing to be done is the confirmation of his signing.

If this isn''t done soon, I hope that means he will be part of a double or even triple deadline day announcement

Kind of says it all when looking at SSN the only other PL club with an interest was perenial relegation favourites Wigan....

As good as done, will be announced this afternoon along with Kamara to the press. Not sure about a third one, anything else will probably be a late night deal.

Will be interesting to hear the finances behind this one, if we''re getting a million as well then it''s definitely good business!

[quote user="Hog"]Kind of says it all when looking at SSN the only other PL club with an interest was perenial relegation favourites Wigan....[/quote]

You''re learning Hog.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Hog"]Kind of says it all when looking at SSN the only other PL club with an interest was perenial relegation favourites Wigan....[/quote]

You''re learning Hog.

[/quote]

You two really are a pair of pricks

Well at least he''s physically sound so that''s a positive start. Plus if we''re getting some cash as well in return for Morison, then that can''t be bad either as Becchio can''t be any less effective than him.Just hope we''re not paying him high wages without some sort of performance clause.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

You''re learning Hog.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I just want the club to stay up and flourish in the PL. After having an active interest in Wolfswinkel a player chased by the worlds best not long ago I, along with others, are concerned that we may end up with an untried 28 Yr old from the MLS and a 29 Yr old journeyman from Leeds. Of course once they sign they have 100% of my support but you must admit to go from Wolfswinkel to Becchio is a little bit of a let down

Wiz, could you please answer me this.

How on earth do you know how good Becchio will be for us? He could be fantastic. Should Holt have been so good in the PL? Well no manager other than Lambert (and now Hughton) thought so for the first 10 years of his career, in fact hadn''t he played L2 football the season before he joined us?

And the same applies to nearly all our players last season.

Cannot see why Norwich fans can get upset over any signing. We are still quite clearly looking at other strikers as well. I know people have different mindsets when it comes to this kind of thing. But Wiz and co, surely you must just be miserable all the time when it comes to Football? I just couldn''t do it...

Being a parennial relegation favourite sort of implies you never get relegated, right?

[quote user="SYG"]So surely the next thing to be done is the confirmation of his signing. If this isn''t done soon, I hope that means he will be part of a double or even triple deadline day announcement[/quote]

PA are saying the announcment will be at 1pm today - will be interesting if there is also a ''we are done for the day'' line with that or not.

[quote user="Hog"][quote user="Butterbean_Canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

You''re learning Hog.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I just want the club to stay up and flourish in the PL. After having an active interest in Wolfswinkel a player chased by the worlds best not long ago I, along with others, are concerned that we may end up with an untried 28 Yr old from the MLS and a 29 Yr old journeyman from Leeds. Of course once they sign they have 100% of my support but you must admit to go from Wolfswinkel to Becchio is a little bit of a let down

[/quote]
And of course, Becchio signing means it''s impossible we would sign another striker doesn''t it? Especially considering, we have spent no money so far. I would think the club are working on getting the marquee signing in ASWELL as Becchio.
Pair of pricks was right. When Wiz says "you''re learning", you should have realised you were being imperiously negative without foundation.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz, could you please answer me this. How on earth do you know how good Becchio will be for us? He could be fantastic. Should Holt have been so good in the PL? Well no manager other than Lambert (and now Hughton) thought so for the first 10 years of his career, in fact hadn''t he played L2 football the season before he joined us? And the same applies to nearly all our players last season. Cannot see why Norwich fans can get upset over any signing. We are still quite clearly looking at other strikers as well. I know people have different mindsets when it comes to this kind of thing. But Wiz and co, surely you must just be miserable all the time when it comes to Football? I just couldn''t do it...[/quote]

In my opinion GP, and it is only that, Becchio will struggle, he''s slower than Morro ffs and I''ve seen both play remember.....we''ve also traded like for like so our only REAL addition to a squad who desperatly need a real goal scorer is a loanee from the MLS ........I could weep.[:''(]

I prefer to be positive and believe and have faith in players that sign for us...of course, it doesn''t always work out that way, but I prefer to have that as my starting point than being down on new signings until they prove they''re worthy of being here

But, each to their own...

I think that CH is banking on Becchio being a suprise package for most premiership defences and that might give enough of an advantage for the rest of this season.

I''m not convinced either Becchio or Moro are premier standard but I think prem teams worked Moro out and his confidence and therefore form suffered after xmas last year.