Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

More QPR madness

From BBC website

Harry just told us that it has happened. It hasn''t, quite, but BBC Sport''s Ben Smith

reports that Christopher Samba has passed his medical at QPR and is

expected to finalise a £12.5m move from Anzhi Makhachkala any time soon.

It is understood the 28-year-old centre-back has agreed terms

on a deal that will see him receive £100,000-a-week, including bonuses

and add-ons.

Crazy

[quote user="Making Plans"]

From BBC website

Harry just told us that it has happened. It hasn''t, quite, but BBC Sport''s Ben Smith reports that Christopher Samba has passed his medical at QPR and is expected to finalise a £12.5m move from Anzhi Makhachkala any time soon.

It is understood the 28-year-old centre-back has agreed terms on a deal that will see him receive £100,000-a-week, including bonuses and add-ons.

Crazy

[/quote]

I want them to go down more than ever! [;)]

I seriously, seriously hope they go down to teach English football a lesson.

You cannot buy a good team by throwing money around.

Looks like we will basically be plaing a "new" Qparse team on Saturday, who hopefully will not gel at all, I hope we stuff them, I also hope they get relegated!

I can''t remember Samba actually being that good to be honest, he was a big unit and very mobile, he also scored a lot for a defender. But as a defender? Not exactly World Class which is what you would expect for 100 grand a week....

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Making Plans"]

From BBC website

Harry just told us that it has happened. It hasn''t, quite, but BBC Sport''s Ben Smith reports that Christopher Samba has passed his medical at QPR and is expected to finalise a £12.5m move from Anzhi Makhachkala any time soon.

It is understood the 28-year-old centre-back has agreed terms on a deal that will see him receive £100,000-a-week, including bonuses and add-ons.

Crazy

[/quote]

I want them to go down more than ever! [;)]

[/quote]

My exact thoughts also.

If this doesn''t prove once and for all the Fernandes is a clueless idiot who we are luck to have avoided then nothing does. Lessons for all those who court people like that to take over their clubs.

(Having said all that, this sounds so extradorinary i do have to question the truth of it - migh be inaccurate)

They are so irresponsible... Portsmouth #2, I would almost feel sorry for the fans if they weren''t such twunts.

They got into this mess because of signing loafers who are only there for the money, I suppose Christopher Samba is a secret Rangers fan who grew up with posters of Andy Impey on his wall.

How about this quote from Gus Hiddink :

"He left for England on Tuesday. Unfortunately we didn''t even have a chance to say goodbye to him. He didn''t explain anything to us. Everything has developed very quickly"

Seems like a real, decent stand up guy.

I''m sure he''ll serve Rangers with his ars... I mean heart on his sleeve.

Right according to the beeb Samba will cost £12.5million.

According to the Independant (on the gossip pages of the beeb) he will be on £100k wages.

Make of that what you will. I think it is worth noting that Rednap has a reputation of getting these sort of players doesn''t he? Magic''s the money up out of somewhere whilst more accumulates in his dog''s bank account.

See what Southampton and Portsmouth fans think of him.

Apparently after Bently, Jenas and Townsend too.

I have to say I can only agree with Wenger now, this is just stupid.

Interesting article on QPR: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21274454

27 players signed so far in two January transfer windows and a summer transfer window. Absolutely stupid.

Hi Canaries, I''m here in peace, As a Rangers fan of over 30 years I can understand the distain and anger towards the hoops, Most Rangers fans are also concerned at the "reported" Fees we are paying and wages being offered, however look at this from a fans perspective, as mentioned Ive supported QPR when we were a well liked family club in London and we have over the last 10 years gone from owner to owner Manager to Manager and as you rightly say christ knows how many players and on the face of it this is madness, when we were promoted to the PL we were very much promoted on the great form of Adel Taarabt, and the team did need stregthening.

Unfortunately The plums in charge at the time Bernie and Flavio were haggling over selling to TF, by the time this happened Neil was left with a small window and panic buys came a plenty SWP, Barton, Ferdinand, Puncheon etc, when Neil was sacked (rightly or wrongly) and Hughes came in he spent very little in transfer funds in January but brought in his old players on frees (some fees) but on high wages (45k - 60k average, this is a guess a little like the press do!! he then done the same last summer except Bosingwa(75k p/w) which is ludicrous. When Hughes fell flat on his face, we then appointed Harry, and now in this window Harry has shipped out a good few of the problems Hughes created and is now again rightly or wrongly trying to get us out this bloody mess we are in....When it is mentioned why would anyone come to QPR yes its obviously money, but is that not the same for everyone in any walk of life?? When you say we are the Portsmouth this is utter tosh...QPR are Owend 4 ways Tony F (£300m), Lashki M (£20b+), plus two other Malaysian Business men no doubt also worth £mm, None of the loans are from outside of these 4 individuals, Portsmouth owed millions to pretty much everyone!! yes we get 18,000 crowds if were lucky, yes the ground is old and dated yes our owners are spending shed loads of money......but this is still my club and still the club my Dad and Grandad before supported as supporters we can not change what happens regarding Owners/Managers or Players all we can do is enjoy the ride and pick up the pieces should it go belly up! which we have done already in our past! At the end of the day I''ll al;ways support the R''s as will my Son as will every other QPR fan, just as you would if the same happened to your club.

Anyway after Saturday all the best to Norwich for the rest of the season!

[quote user="star_manic"]excellent post hoops, respect for you. still hope we stuff you on saturday.
[/quote] Cheer Star - just find it a little infurating that everyone hates us because of what we spend? If you hate us due to rivalry thats fine, Southampton have spent more in fees than us? as have many others....but little ole QPR with there tinpot ground arn''t allowed to play ball...whys that then? we have to pay large wages because of this...on your last point going on the last few seasons you should be favorites but our luck will hopefully change against you guys.

I just think it''s crazy, suicidal, spending that kind of money for a club like QPR.  If QPR do at some point end up going the same way as Pompy or worse, should Arry shoulder some of the blame, or if chairman keep throwing money at him, then why shouldn''t he spend it?

This is a Norwich City forum, what do you expect? It''s not like we''re on the QPR boards trolling away.
If you don''t like it, then maybe don''t come on here.
QPR''s spending is a joke, it''s fiscally irresponsible and don''t count your chickens that things might not go horribly wrong for you in the not too distant future.

Its definately crazy....agreed, But and this is the problem, whilst the FA have only two windows to purchase players the Value and wages will always rise and continue to do so, lets take our example we messed up big time with Mark Hughes in the summer transfer window, he signed some real bad players (use to be good whilst playing with high quality players) but failed to impress or show any character, so we make a change realise we have made a mistake and want to put that right to try and keep us in the PL Harry is appointed and can do nothing for 2 months? so all the other teams can see we are clearly struggling and can demand high £££ for players its a vicious circle and one as a club we have to gamnble to retain our PL status...as would everyone else.....well except Villa?

Korea Canary - So as a football supporter in general I can not see what other forums are discussing and add an opinion from the other side in a polite manner...mmmm The comment wasnt just at Norwich I have no beef with you guys in fact have had many a good chat on away games with your fans and at home, why so offensive? Is it irresponsible? How do you know this? can you put in front of me an educated answer without saying we only get 18,000 crowds? dont get me wrong I cant argue in QPR''s defence either do you know why (because I DO NOT KNOW) and neither do you.

If our owners are happy splashing the cash then that is their choice they own the club....What can us mere supporters do?

[quote user="Hoops72"]

Korea Canary - So as a football supporter in general I can not see what other forums are discussing and add an opinion from the other side in a polite manner...mmmm The comment wasnt just at Norwich I have no beef with you guys in fact have had many a good chat on away games with your fans and at home, why so offensive? Is it irresponsible? How do you know this? can you put in front of me an educated answer without saying we only get 18,000 crowds? dont get me wrong I cant argue in QPR''s defence either do you know why (because I DO NOT KNOW) and neither do you.

If our owners are happy splashing the cash then that is their choice they own the club....What can us mere supporters do?

[/quote]

As fans we should be making clear that we do not want our clubs taken over and entirely controlled by single individuals who are often not better suited to running a football club than you or i. What qualifications does the guy at Hearts have, the string of owners at Pompey, Fernandes at QPR? Nothing other than being filthty rich which does not automatically qualify you to run a football club. Ownership structures need to change. We are just fortunate at Norwich that probably as much by luck as judegement, we have ended up with an onwership structure that hugely reduces the chances of appallingly bad decisions being made by a single individual.

Hoopyloops or whatever your name is -

I didn''t say you couldn''t do anything.

You can do whatever you like, you can say whatever you like (within reason), these be the Pink un forums not the place about 40 miles North from me.

I find it silly that you go on a Norwich City forum and get sand in your vagina about people criticising the spending practices of QPR, this isn''t a QPR forum, it''s not even an open football forum, I don''t know why we''re even talking about it, I''m much more interested in who we''re going to sign in the next few hours but hey we sometimes like to discuss other teams on here y''know like amongst fellow fans.

Your weekly attendance of 18,000 would point to your expenditure as irresponsible but that''s a fact that you want to censor for some reason, how about the fact that your club could never generate the kind of fees and wages you are paying without sugar daddies or the fact that you are right at the bottom of the league with alot of TV money that might not come your way.

Are you to blame for that? Or any of your friends and family? Of course not.

My club is very well run but sure we could have fallen into the same trap as everybody else, the roles of Norwich and QPR could easily be reversed.

Just don''t come on here bleating about why there isn''t a QPR love-in on a Norwich City forum.

QPR have every right to bust a gut to maintain their Premiership status. They have the means.

We might not like it, we might be envious of it, we might think it stupid, we might consider that such recklessness is detrimental to the game as a whole, but they are breaking no rules.

If it works for them, then so be it. If they succumb to the drop, then they will probably come straight back up.

It would seem that they have less need than us to be fearful of relegation.  Our main incentive for survival is financial, whereas they already have the money behind them (in staggering billions it would seem) already.

The only conern that I have with them lies with their owners. What motives can be behind their willingness to continually throw such vast sums away?

Is there any talk of a new stadium? Any plans to build a new London super-club to surpass Chelsea and usurp Man. U''s position as the top English club side? Or are their motives more sinister?

On a more serious note:-

"I''m worried about ''Arry."

On his usual car window interview with Sky Sports this morning he looked quite unwell. A big red puffy face peered out as he nervously tried exhibit his usual casual bravado. Was he on the Scotch last night in order to relax and perhaps get a little sleep? Or is the whole thing in general too much for the old boy?

Put away your envelopes ''Arry, relax, take the dog for a walk. You don''t need this in your state of health and at your age. Pull this one off, then retire. We love you really. 

I do feel sorry for the QPR fans. They didn''t ask for the club to start paying stupid wages on players who were unlikely to really be all that good. Didn''t ask for such an input and output of owners, players and managers.

Some Norwich fans have called for new owners over the years, but essentially we''re very lucky we have Delia. She may not be all that rich compared to some/most top league owners, but we have an owner/s who actually care about the club. She wouldn''t sell to anyone dodgy, unless she really had too and we have a competent CEO in McNally who is seemingly a very good businessman, and is helping the club flourish within our means.

I do hope QPR go down, because of the way the club are run. But the fans don''t really deserve whats happening to the club, wether you like the fans or not. Hopefully if they do go down, the owner will sell to a more sensible person and nothing to drastic happens. But they do need to go down ;)

[quote user="Wiz"]

God there''s some envy and hypocritcs flying about on here today.

It does us no credit.

[/quote]

I''ve told you before, no one is envious of a club run like QPR. Ridiculous idea. Why on earth would we want a set up happy to spend stupid money on has-beens, bad egos, players with little sense of team work, then buy a whole lot more when those don''t work out. A club of QPRs size should not be spending so much money. And it isn''t working well at all. They only just survived last season, and are currently bottom. Spending a whole lot more money, with another new manager who as of yet has only been able to stop them losing every game, rather than picking up too many points.

The bottom line is that throwing money at anything in life might get you a bit of instant short term success, whatever that is, but in the long run it never works. You only have to look at Leeds, Portsmouth, Hearts and Rangers to learn that paying over the odds on transfers & wages will eventually end in tears.Even Chelsea & Man City, despite spending hundreds of millions of £ and blindly thinking that they must win everything, are still unable to gaurantee winning anything.Eventually all these rich people who own Clubs will get bored with their new toys and they will crawl back into the holes from which they unfortunately emerged and football will be the winner.So a few extra million splashed now by QPR might save them from relegation this year but you can''t go on year after year with this ludicrous system of relying on big money to get you out of trouble.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Wiz"]

God there''s some envy and hypocritcs flying about on here today.

It does us no credit.

[/quote] I''ve told you before, no one is envious of a club run like QPR. Ridiculous idea. Why on earth would we want a set up happy to spend stupid money on has-beens, bad egos, players with little sense of team work, then buy a whole lot more when those don''t work out. A club of QPRs size should not be spending so much money. And it isn''t working well at all. They only just survived last season, and are currently bottom. Spending a whole lot more money, with another new manager who as of yet has only been able to stop them losing every game, rather than picking up too many points.[/quote]

Wizard, before i reply in a similar vein to GP, can you just confirm that you are indeed saying that he and i and others who have posted on this thread are envious of QPR. Do you really think that? And also can you confirm if you want Fernandes or someone like him in charge of our club sanctioning transfers like Sambas and Boswingas?  

I think im more envious of your position in the league than ours to be fair! Look I didnt come on here to cause reptions only to give a fellow supporters view on our situation, Football was ruined for me the day SKY happened...end of, but should QPR fail and go down, should they go bust or go the portsmouth way, should the owners leave us in the thick stuff, we (supporters) will still be here, never a truer saying that owners/players come and go the only constant in football is the supporters, yeah we dont have many of them but what we do have is fairly solid whatever division we are in. Best of luck to Norwich the rest of this season (bar Sat) Whatever happened to Robert Rosario?

[quote user="Hoops72"][quote user="star_manic"]excellent post hoops, respect for you. still hope we stuff you on saturday.
[/quote] Cheer Star - just find it a little infurating that everyone hates us because of what we spend? If you hate us due to rivalry thats fine, Southampton have spent more in fees than us? as have many others....but little ole QPR with there tinpot ground arn''t allowed to play ball...whys that then? we have to pay large wages because of this...on your last point going on the last few seasons you should be favorites but our luck will hopefully change against you guys.[/quote]

It''s a tricky one Hoops. I do, and it''s a harsh word, hate what your club represents as a result of what has gone on there since Flavio and then Fat Tony arrived there. And by that i mean the filthy greed ridden game that i think most fans of clubs like ours don''t like but have to accept if we want to play at the top level that we have both now reached.

The great shame is that we actually have a lot more in common as fans than fans realise and i certainly don''t hate QPR fans. It''s just that our clubs have taken polar opposite approaches to the way we run our clubs, for no reason other than circumstance, but i am very glad we haven''t fallen under control of a single individual with conflicting interests and little or no idea about running a football club. This despite a few close shaves, not least with Fat Tony himself who had shown an interest but only if he could have complete control and prior to declaring he was actually only interested in West Ham. (Alarm bells!!!) So our two clubs represent two very different approaches to owning and operating a football club and for that reason i am absolutely totally and completely desperate that we beat (or at least don''t lose to) you at the weekend!!