Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Neil Swarbrick

I just don''t know what it is about Norwich and Mr Swarbrick, but the one thing you do know is that with him in charge we are not going to get ''the rub of the green''.

This guy seems to sum up everything that''s wrong with Premier League Refs. Garrido gets a deserved Yellow card for a blatant block on Bale, yet in stoppage time at the end of the first half with the ball going out Dempsey has a nibble at Bassong, and what happens? He tells Dempsey not be a naughty boy, and he''s got away with it. The Lino in front of the Spurs fans in the first half seemed to be slightly confused by the Offside rule, flagging against Holt (standing in the middle of the pitch - nowhere near the ball and not interfering) while Snodgrass chased after the ball (clearly onside). He and the Ref also missed an obvious handball, which should have given Spurs a free kick in a dangerous position.

I wonder if Swarbrick is too unfit to get near enough to the action to make the correct decision or just doesn''t know the Laws of The Game. I always thought that if you fairly won the ball then the defender falls over, you should play on. Snodgrass tackles Assou-Ekotto who then decides he wants a lay down, and hey presto you get a free kick. Just to add insult to injury he then books Snodgrass for telling him (rightly)what a crap decision it was. This after Bale in the first half got away with having a right go at the lino and Swarbrick too, and what did he get...

Holt got a deserved yellow too, BUT if Mr Swarbrick had done his job properly and given Holt the free kick that he should have had 5 seconds earlier, we would have all said he had done his job. But as it turned out you do get the feeling of being slightly hard done by. Mr Swarbrick doesn''t do treating both teams the same, otherwise he would have booked Scott Parker too, but he appeared to be very friendly with the big name guys so it''s hardly a surprise he didn''t treat both teams equally.

According to the BBC, we committed 13 fouls to their 14. We got 4 yellows to their one.

Neil Swarbrick - Unable to Ref a game fairly 2

Couldnt agree more, poor refs performance. Had an okay 1st half, awful 2nd.

Holt is never going to get a fair deal, he is obviously in the Refs little black guidebook.

What really narks me is the defenders know this and start to go in knowing they already have a good chance of the ref not giving a foul. Maybe 1 week Holty will get the early foul given and that is cut out.

As much as I dislike Clattenberk as a ref, when he gave the pen against Bennett he cut out a lot of the carp that goes on in the box.

Holty isnt the most convincing of fallers and even when fouled gives the impression of a dive (if you know what I mean). If he didnt go down so easily when fouled he might get something because he sure isnt at the moment.

Tonight I thought there was at least 3-4 fouls he should have been given (and as you say earned himself a Yellow when the frustration got to him,)

Awful performance.

5 bookings, the game never warranted that. Even the Spurs booking (Holtby?) wasn''t deserved.

Didn''t punish Dempsey or Parker with a yellow, for tackles from behind Was only persuaded to talk to Parker after Holt and bashed his ear about 4 tackles from him (the Ref was even counting out the fouls on his fingers!!)

You always know that there is going to be trouble when the ref appears in that scarlet/red/pink shirt. All you ever ask from the officials is fairness. Norwich foul = yellow card. Tottenham foul after foul = don''t do it again please you naughty boy. The bigger teams at the top always gett the best of the deal solely because the referees have an agenda which says "I must remain on good terms with xxxxxxxx. I want to be his friend"