Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Transfer news imminent - official club tweet

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="kick it off"]SkySports reporting we''re not done yet. Hooper bid still lodged (not rejected yet apparently) and Davies deal is "close"... This would be the best transfer window I could remember if it works out!!![/quote]

If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.

[/quote]

Swindon are suppose to be looking at making Chris Martin''s loan a season long one, which will get us to 25. I think this is why a few part-exchange deals are being offered currently.

Wouldn''t be surprised if someone is let go on a free transfer by the end of today though.

I think with pitch time he will score for us and could get 4-6 goals for us by the season end;   I dont think he will improve beyond his current ability but he can do a job for us.

However I do think that sentence could apply to Moro too.

Most importanly I felt we needed options beyond Holt and Morison (kane and Jackson) - we now (currently) have Holt and Becchio (kane and Jackson) - which IMO is not a step up in either options or capability.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="kick it off"]SkySports reporting we''re not done yet. Hooper bid still lodged (not rejected yet apparently) and Davies deal is "close"... This would be the best transfer window I could remember if it works out!!![/quote]

If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.

[/quote]

Swindon are suppose to be looking at making Chris Martin''s loan a season long one, which will get us to 25. I think this is why a few part-exchange deals are being offered currently.

Wouldn''t be surprised if someone is let go on a free transfer by the end of today though.

[/quote]

Indeed, Bethnal. And possibly ditto with Butterfield at Palace. And in terms of swaps Barnett for Curtis Davies is obviously possible.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.[/quote]As far as I''m aware, clubs have to re-submit their twenty five after the transfer window closes. They can have more than twenty five on their books but only the named twenty five are elegible to play in the league (think of Ward at the start of the season). The 93-day emergency loan window opens in a weeks time so any excess players can be moved on then.I just love helping you Purps! [:)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

like for like signing for me and does not add to our striking options which is what we really need. 

[/quote]

Exactly.

SkySports news are heading to a live feed at Colney shortly.
SSN can be found by sitting in the first row if you''re not a sky subscriber.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.[/quote]

As far as I''m aware, clubs have to re-submit their twenty five after the transfer window closes. They can have more than twenty five on their books but only the named twenty five are elegible to play in the league (think of Ward at the start of the season). The 93-day emergency loan window opens in a weeks time so any excess players can be moved on then.

I just love helping you Purps! [:)]
[/quote]

Thanks, lapps. Do you know I hadn''t realised ANY of that?![;)][:P][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.[/quote]As far as I''m aware, clubs have to re-submit their twenty five after the transfer window closes. They can have more than twenty five on their books but only the named twenty five are elegible to play in the league (think of Ward at the start of the season). The 93-day emergency loan window opens in a weeks time so any excess players can be moved on then.I just love helping you Purps! [:)][/quote]

[/quote]It''s ok Purps, I know you try your best. [;)]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Tierney.Who?Tierney remember him, think it''s pretty clear there''s no room for him in the squad, CH didn''t even select him for the Luton game,  can see him leaving imminently.

[quote user="NCFC1995"]hooper deal has been agreed apparently so he could be ours by the end of the night :)[/quote]

Funny, cuz SkySports literally JUST said that our bid has been rejected.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.[/quote]

As far as I''m aware, clubs have to re-submit their twenty five after the transfer window closes. They can have more than twenty five on their books but only the named twenty five are elegible to play in the league (think of Ward at the start of the season). The 93-day emergency loan window opens in a weeks time so any excess players can be moved on then.

I just love helping you Purps! [:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s ok Purps, I know you try your best. [;)]
[/quote]

Frankly, lapps, I''ve been lacking in confidence and off my game ever since I got that seventeenth decimal place wrong in my calculation of Preston North End''s overheads versus staff numbers versus the height of Blackpool Tower ratio. So much so there are rumours Sports Desk Pete is swapping me for Potty-Mouthed Accountant, my opposite number on Wrath of the Barclay, with a cash adjustment in favour of WotB, of course. 

Couple of things, Tierney didn''t play against Luton as he had a dead leg.

And for me, and it would seem a lot of people, Becchio is an improvement on Morison, and money being paid to Leeds as part of the deal would seem to back this up. Therefore the deal has improved the squad.

A fourth bid for Hooper suggests we are pretty determined to get him, although without paying over the odds. I saw somebody last night on here say that ''we should just pay Celtic what they want''....certainly not a wise way to conduct business. I''d like to think we aren''t so desperate to pay over the odds for him. I''d love him to come but even if he doesn''t we have plenty in the squad to stay up.

I also think that four bids puts the ridiculous notion that bidding for Hooper & Graham was just to appease fans firmly to bed.