Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Transfer news imminent - official club tweet

Decent business, especially if we got a million for him as well

Good business that incrementally improves our squad. Morison needed a move and we get a similar age hard working goalscorer in return.

As for the Leeds bit:

Our top performer is Robert Snodgrass, last night he showed he is EPL class.

Not so classy but when fully fit so he can compensate and be EPL quality: BJ.

Howson, who may yet develop and has time.

Becchio, who knows but he should fit in quickly, which is essential.

BBC announces it is a cash and part exchange deal, but doesn''t say in what direction the cash was going

[quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]SSN reporting that we''ve given Morison+Cash for Becchio.[/quote]
A bargain if ever I saw one! I don''t know how we''ve managed to pull this one off!

Well welcome Luciano Becchio I sincerely hope you can hit the ground running and get some vital goals for us

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]SSN reporting that we''ve given Morison+Cash for Becchio.[/quote]
A bargain if ever I saw one! I don''t know how we''ve managed to pull this one off!
[/quote]
Ignore that, I read it as the other way round!! This way make a bit more sense [:)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I see this deal as a player here to improve the bench and Becchio should be a better impact sub than Moro or Jackson currently are.[/quote]
Yeah, that''s my instinct. The lad knows where the net is though, so he''s perfectly capable of forcing his way into the starting line up.

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]SSN reporting that we''ve given Morison+Cash for Becchio.[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m confused. If we''ve given Morison PLUS cash how do you work out it''s a bargain? That values Becchio more than Morison. Becchio plus cash for Morison would probably be a bargain for us, but not this way round, if that is being reported correctly.

Love this - "This won''t make Leeds fans too happy but it seems Luciano Becchio asked

some of his old Leeds team-mates what Norfolk was like before flying to

Carrow Road."

Some confusion over the intricacies of this deal.

At first Archant were saying that the deal was Becchio for Morison + Cash, meaning we received money.

But now the Leeds official site says "The 29-year-old joins us in an exchange deal for Luciano Becchio with a further undisclosed sum to be paid by Norwich."

...meaning we paid money plus Morison to get Becchio.

I doubt any fee in either direction would be significant though.

So if we''ve parted with the cash, we''re getting a better player right?? Mmmm.

Or if they''ve parted with the cash, we''ve got rid of Morison and brought in someone not as good??

Let their football do the talking, hopefully Luciano will hit the ground running, I sort of hope that Morison doesn''t score too many at leeds, but if he does it will be because he''s back to his level.

SkySports reporting we''re not done yet. Hooper bid still lodged (not rejected yet apparently) and Davies deal is "close"... This would be the best transfer window I could remember if it works out!!!

Very pleased with the signing of LB, got that flare of a player from abroad, and yet would seem to run through a brick wall for his team, something we are in desperate need of...

like for like signing for me and does not add to our striking options which is what we really need. 

hopefully lucianos efforts will be more realistically appreciated that.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

like for like signing for me and does not add to our striking options which is what we really need. 

[/quote]

Disagree. Think Becchio is a definite improvement. I think he''ll prove to be a better player and a better goalscorer.

[/quote]

For too long now we have been stuck in the Holt-Jackson-Morison rut up front, with only the occasional respites of the ever-injured James Vaughan (who might stll come good for us) or the hapless Harry Kane (who might eventually come good for Spurs.)

It''s  just good to have something new to ponder.

[quote user="kick it off"]SkySports reporting we''re not done yet. Hooper bid still lodged (not rejected yet apparently) and Davies deal is "close"... This would be the best transfer window I could remember if it works out!!![/quote]

If I have calculated correctly we have gained Camp, Kamara (work permit permitting) and Becchio, and lost Lappin and Morison. So we are at 26 in the squad, and will need to lose one player as it is, let alone if we sign any more.

[/quote]

Disagree. Think Becchio is a definite improvement. I think he''ll prove to be a better player and a better goalscorer.

I don''t think signing the whole Leeds team is really the way forward even if it does put the Leeds fans noses out of joint. Graham and wolfs winkle would have been great. Hooper a punt but a reasonable punt. Becchio. What the hell. At least Morrison is gone but we have not got in any better.

Yeah...didn''t meant to post that twice but browser got stuck so I clicked refresh and that happened.