Sign in to follow this  
Helsinki canary

Scowcroft returns to Portaloo Road....

Thought he was being lined up to go back there on loan.

Read some sort of drivel in the paper over the weekend about how "he could not really go to norwich considering his Ipswich past" , etc, etc. Some sort of old gumph he had been told to say by his agent no doubt, so he could line his pockets with a move back there on loan.

They belong together. He has done nothing this season, and I am glad we did not get him here.

And his haircut is done by the same bloke who gets stuck into Docherty, which aint good.

Yes, but to be fair to Royle, he said a couple of months ago that he needed cover for his midfield and Currie appeared,then when they lost their last game he said afterwards that he needed to strengthen his defence and by magic Unsworth appeared. Then on Saturday Kuqi went off injured and was quickly assessed that he would be out for at least a month and today a striker signs on loan for the rest of the season.

You may have your own opinions about the players he''s got in but he didnt waste much time did he?

Dont wish to sound negative because you know I try never to moan, but wish we had of got a couple of defenders in on loan in January.

[quote]Yes, but to be fair to Royle, he said a couple of months ago that he needed cover for his midfield and Currie appeared,then when they lost their last game he said afterwards that he needed to strength...[/quote]

I think your right angel.  It pains me to say it but Joe Royle is going about promotion in exactly the right way.  Bringing players in who 1) can cover for injuries and 2) are better than what the scum already have (Currie, Unsworth, Scowcroft etc)  I still would''ve liked Scowcroft and think he could do a job in the Premiership.  Unfortunately it''s looking increasingly likely he''ll get that chance with those down the road!

It does rather raise the question of why Leicester, with a cup game next week, are prepared to let a current first team player go on loan.  Royle is obviously trying to take a leaf out of the Norwich book of last season but I''m afraid Messrs Scowcroft, Currie and Unsworth are not Darren Huckerby class.

It''s about money.

Maybe the binners are still owed money from Leicester and they took him as part payment. Wages cost far call in the championship compared to the premiership and players at that level are not easily to hand.

I think we took a 50/50 gamble of spending the amount that might keep us up but would certainly guarantee a very strong squad back in the championship as opposed to going all out in an all or nothing bust.

Problem is we''ve hardly seen much of Jonson, Helveg or Saffri and Bentley is now as good as gone. The defence is shot. Any other day (or pre Xmas) and we would have ground out a scoreless draw.

Without something changing dramatically I fear this is going to be a season of what might have beens. Beating Southampton, West Brom and Bolton (in their losing streak) doesn''t warrant us staying up.

I''ll be cheering to the end but somewhere something has gone badly, badly wrong.

City Angel & DD, totally agree that Royle has not wasted time.

Unsworth was great business, and it does anger me that they seem to be able to do deals quickly and efficiently without a lot of fuss. Unsworth would have been good business for us, dont know if we were sniffing around or not, but clearly the old Everton connections paid dividiends for Royle when looking at him.

Anyway, we persevere, onwards and upwards, never mind the danger!!