Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

SSN - 4th bid rejected - Hooper

Sorry to start a new thread on this, but thought it was worth it.
Took them hours to reject it, so maybe they gave it a bit of thought and we''re getting closer? Or they couldn''t get their chosen replacement in and our bid was enough for Hooper but not enough for them to accept without having Hooper replacement in the building for less money.

Should''ve walked away from this one days ago.  £8m is stupid money for Hooper.

Seeing as his contract runs out in the summer, why would we pay 10m for him?

From a business point of view it''s not a good deal - but that''s football I guess

If we''ve decided to offer the asking price on dead line day it''s bad business on our part. We should have anticipated they''d need a replacement, especially with their fixture against the old lady.

It does still seem like there''s something in it though, my f5 key is losing it''s markings!

We really should move on now, Mulenga or Wolfman again I reckon, maybe even try Ibrahima Toure again from Monaco, supposedly we bid for him earlier in the window

[quote user="AJ"]Seeing as his contract runs out in the summer, why would we pay 10m for him?

From a business point of view it''s not a good deal - but that''s football I guess[/quote]
18months on his contract mate.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="NCFC1995"]

i heard that hoopers deal has been agreed

[/quote]

From who?

If its a Twitter account with the containing the word ''agent'' or ''itk'' then don''t be so stupid.

[/quote]
This guy is a troll.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Got to go back to RVW Celtic clearly don''t want to sell and don''t need to sell..[/quote]

With Sporting wanting £10m for RVW that was never going to happen.

This could be curtains for Hooper, and probably too late now to start on a plan B - unless the ground work has already been set up.

Lots of and lots of twitter chat from Celtic that we are "desperate". Can anyone explain to me the logic in that? I can''t make up my mind whether it''s Celtic and Leeds fans who are morons, or just twitter users generally, or actually just PEOPLE generally.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]BY&G - Surely we''ve got to test Sporting''s resolve, if they''re that hard up for money and we''re the only game in town who knows what might happen!?[/quote]
There have been rumours of Fenerbahce interest for the past few days. Nothing firm, just rumours, but with Galatasaray signing Sneijder and Drogba, I wouldnt be surprised to see them break the bank for someone today. Whether it''s RVW is another matter, but it wouldnt shock me.

I''ll tell you why we need this guy:

If, God forbid, Holt gets an injury, that would leave either Kane, Jacko, Becchio or wotsisname from the MLS to do his job....would you feel confident with that?

Because, sure as hell, I wouldn''t!

Time to move on.

Celtic don''t want to sell them, and we shouldn''t be held to ransom over this guy. He is not worth their asking price. If we have a plan B then go for that! If not, then so be it

I doubt whatsisname would be bothered to put any effort in for a club whose fans can''t be bothered to learn his name.

You have no idea how good he is or is not.

[quote user="jb"]Should''ve walked away from this one days ago.  £8m is stupid money for Hooper.[/quote]

Completely correct.

Quick, someone call McNally!

I''ve got a couple of old keyrings, some chewing gum, a broken iphone and a signed photo of Kim Riley he can chuck in to sweeten the deal for hooper!

bid no5 is the one, i can feel it!

[quote user="Wiz"]

If, God forbid, Holt gets an injury, that would leave either Kane, Jacko, Becchio or wotsisname from the MLS to do his job....would you feel confident with that?

[/quote]

I sincerely hope ''wotsismame'' rams your pathetic words where the sun doesn''t shine (which is probably everywhere in your miserable exsistence) you Muppet.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I sincerely hope ''wotsismame'' rams your pathetic words where the sun doesn''t shine (which is probably everywhere in your miserable exsistence) you Muppet.[/quote]
Seconded.

[quote user="RenegadeSnare"]If we''ve decided to offer the asking price on dead line day it''s bad business on our part. ![/quote]

Not so. I imagine the reason we didn''t wade in days ago with the ''asking price'' is to avoid getting embroiled in an ''pver asking price'' auction if a Spurs or similar wanted him. Instead we tested the water, registered our interest, turned the player''s head, whilst Celtic have tried to desperately smoke out any other interested parties and now (hopefully) we can offer an acceptable price and get Hughton''s man.

I''ve been very impressed with how the Board have conducted themselves this transfer window and how they''ve backed their man - regardless of whether we get Hoops, van Wolfswinkle or not.

I don''t think we could have hoped for anything more and I suspect we''ll get Hooper and Davies. Will be very surprised if we don''t get either.