Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Holt criticism in the press!

Today I read the daily express report on the Norwich game and they were criticising holt a fair bit....was a bit annoyed by this. I find it strange how so many different match reports give different views on the game...sometimes you think that some reports about the same game make it sound like they are watching some different match! I thought holts knock back at the far post for the goal was top class and I can''t wait to see becchio and Kamara play...much needed support!

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Today I read the daily express report on the Norwich game and they were criticising holt a fair bit....was a bit annoyed by this. I find it strange how so many different match reports give different views on the game...sometimes you think that some reports about the same game make it sound like they are watching some different match! I thought holts knock back at the far post for the goal was top class and I can''t wait to see becchio and Kamara play...much needed support![/quote]
The knock back was pure class and worked hard throughout the game as usual... but otherwise I felt he had a quiet, ineffective game and picked  up a rather unnecessary yellow as well.

I criticized Holt last night and I stand by it.

The incident was late on in the game and Bunn launched a long ball to Holt. But Holt was the only Norwich player who hadn''t bothered to get back on side, and then, Holt had the audacity to have a pop at Bunn for kicking the ball to him!

Bunn can''t see who''s offside or not and if everybody else can get back onside why couldn''t Holt!?

I also felt Holt didn''t have a great game last night, he gave the ball away a lot. I know he is often isolated so losing the ball is to be expected at times - but he was failing in 2 or 3 yard passes, often in good positions. Vertonghen had a relatively easy night against Holt and even his old trick of running diagonally across a defender to win a free kick wasn''t working out so well.

I really think the lack of any real competition has had a bad effect on Holt this season, hopefully bringing in Becchio and possibly Hooper will make him up his game.

Thought he was a real handful first half but faded badly in the second. Could have done with someone to replace him on about 60 minutes but with Morison out of form and on his way out and Kane seemingly not up to the job at this level he had to stay on. Certainly looked tired and p*ssed off in the last 15 minutes.

Holt had a poor game?Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.I despair at how clueless some of you are.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.I despair at how clueless some of you are.[/quote]THIS ^^^^^^He tired a bit towards the end but it was a good performance IMO.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.I despair at how clueless some of you are.[/quote]
And you need to lose the blinkers, there''s no way last night Holt can be described as IMMENSE...
Not saying he was poor but it was hardly a great game for him, as for the suggestion that they were tired after 45mins, that made me laugh! last night was 2 points dropped, Tottenham were there for the taking and we should have won, it always going to be risky trying to keep it at 1-0

[quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.I despair at how clueless some of you are.[/quote]Holt and Hoolahan played WELL in the first half. Both faded in the second but we really only had a replacement for Wes. I don''t think you''re CLUELESS for saying they were IMMENSE. Just a little OVEREXCITED.[;)]

We put in such a great shift in the first half last night that there were some very tired legs by the hour mark. It''s just that we always seem to want to hang on to that 1-0 and not be more attacking...it makes fans so nervous...I really want to see kei Kamara come on for holt perhaps..I think him and becchio are much needed additions.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?

Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.

Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.

I despair at how clueless some of you are.
[/quote]

Holt and Hoolahan played WELL in the first half. Both faded in the second but we really only had a replacement for Wes. I don''t think you''re CLUELESS for saying they were IMMENSE. Just a little OVEREXCITED.

[;)]
[/quote]

Holty will get a much needed rest now. He couldn''t even have that last Saturday because we had no other options. Not only do we now have other options but we could have a rejuvenated Holty for the run in. [Y]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.I despair at how clueless some of you are.[/quote]Holt and Hoolahan played WELL in the first half. Both faded in the second but we really only had a replacement for Wes. I don''t think you''re CLUELESS for saying they were IMMENSE. Just a little OVEREXCITED.[;)][/quote]
Seconded, I think someone has a little bit of Grant Holt fever [:P]
I''m looking at you Ricardo [;)]

I thought he improved on his recent performances and played his part but likewise would not describe his efforts as immense.   He defended from the front but also lost possession too simply,  failing to link up well.   Not a bad game either.

All fans see games differently so no surprise a reporter took a different view. 

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?

Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.

Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.

I despair at how clueless some of you are.
[/quote]

And you need to lose the blinkers, there''s no way last night Holt can be described as IMMENSE...

Not saying he was poor but it was hardly a great game for him, as for the suggestion that they were tired after 45mins, that made me laugh! last night was 2 points dropped, Tottenham were there for the taking and we should have won, it always going to be risky trying to keep it at 1-0

[/quote]

I don''t think they were ''trying to keep it at 1-0'' but attacking a Tottenham side who are excellent on the counter (as Bale''s goal showed) is always going to be a risky business.

Although Tottenham were below-par in the first half, they were much much better in the 2nd half - mainly due to Bale switching to a more central position and getting the chance to run at Garrido who was on a yellow card. Holtby coming on compeltely changed the game, he created a lot more time and space for Tottenham in general and replaced a very average Dempsey.

I don''t question Holt''s work rate, but at times his link up play was very poor, he ended many good positions for Norwich by misplacing relatively simple passes.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I don''t think they were ''trying to keep it at 1-0'' but attacking a Tottenham side who are excellent on the counter (as Bale''s goal showed) is always going to be a risky business.

[/quote]

Sorry that came out wrong, not what I meant, I didn''t think we were trying to keep it at 1-0, I felt we could have and should have been 2-0 up by half time and we were always going to have a difficult and risky 2nd half because we were only 1-0

I don''t question Holt''s work rate, but at times his link up play was very poor, he ended many good positions for Norwich by misplacing relatively simple passes.

[/quote]
Agreed

[quote user="kellybrook"]Holt had a poor game?Some of you people need to get a pair of eyes.Holt and Hoolahan were IMMENSE last night.  Their closing down and breaking up of the Spurs play in their own half was fantastic.  Both tired because of that in the second half, but the point was gained because of their work rate.I despair at how clueless some of you are.[/quote]

^^^ This ^^^ 100%

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Sorry that came out wrong, not what I meant, I didn''t think we were trying to keep it at 1-0, I felt we could have and should have been 2-0 up by half time and we were always going to have a difficult and risky 2nd half because we were only 1-0

[/quote]
Agreed
[/quote]

Utter B*ll*cks

[quote user="Scooby"]Utter B*ll*cks[/quote]
It''s always nice to engaged in such well reasoned debates...

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Scooby"]Utter B*ll*cks[/quote]
[/quote]You should know by now that there are certain players who cannot be even mildly criticised.It''s no real surprise that Holty should have tired in the second half as he is having to do an awful lot of work up top that he probably hasn''t needed to in the past without support. We could do with someone to give him a break and hopefully Becchio and Kamara will do that.

He was in no way immense last night, he had a very average night. Some things he did well, some, like his passing, were poor. Take the blinkers off and accept that nobody is beyond some criticism, I''d imagine the man himself wouldn''t describe his performance as immense.

People like the ones on Canary Call saying that anyone saying anything negative about Holt should be kicked out of Carrow Road are pathetic.

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Scooby"]Utter B*ll*cks[/quote]
[/quote]

Like a great many Norwich City supporters, I am extremely tired of trying to have reasoned debates with idiots who seem to have the sole purpose in life of criticising our club and those who play for it. Ergo, you get the response you deserve.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Scooby"]Utter B*ll*cks[/quote]
[/quote]You should know by now that there are certain players who cannot be even mildly criticised.[/quote]
I don''t know why I bother, or why they bother coming to a forum for that matter, what''s the point if your going to be so narrow minded and rude to everyone... oh wait! [;)]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="Scooby"]Utter B*ll*cks[/quote]
[/quote]

Like a great many Norwich City supporters, I am extremely tired of trying to have reasoned debates with idiots who seem to have the sole purpose in life of criticising our club and those who play for it. Ergo, you get the response you deserve.[/quote]
I''m so terribly sorry, what was I thinking...
maybe we could get SDP  to change all our posts to variations of "Norwich is the best club eva!" and "Grant Holt is better than Messi!" then maybe you''d be happy [:)]