Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Deadline rules anybody?

11pm deadline but, why do deals get done after deadlines sometime? If I go to bed at 11:05 will I miss something again?

The paperwork has to be at the FA at 11, it takes a little while, sometimes up to 2 hours, for the FA to get this paperwork back. It is only when this paperwork is back that the transfer goes through.

Paperwork has to be handed to the FA by 11pm. Normally player registration documents signed by both clubs go to the FA with a clause stating something along the lines of ''pending medical and personal terms''.

Copied from a daily mail article:

My opposite number at the selling club has been a real pain today, it’s now 10.40pm and it doesn’t look like we’ll get everything done in time. Can I still sign the player?

Yes, if there have been complications during the day - the player was stuck in traffic en route to hospital for the medical or the trusty fax machine broke down - clubs can fill out what is known as a ‘Deal Sheet.’ 

These were introduced in 2010 in response to the number of negotiations that didn’t get done in time. 

The ‘Deal Sheet’ allows the two clubs to confirm that an agreement has been struck but that they need slightly longer to send over the paperwork. 

The ‘Deal Sheet’ is almost like a ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card, because it gives them until 1am to submit the full set of documents. A bit of breathing space at the end of a day of pandemonium. 

However, if the player is being signed from a foreign club, the deadline for said documents in midnight, in accordance with FIFA regulations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270790/Deadline-Day-explained-Transfers-ARE-actually-fax--mystical-Deal-Sheet.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Slighty off-topic, but relevant to out-goings.

The FL Clubs have a month (I think) until their loan window opens.

Any players we want to lend out can go then and we are not stuck with them.

I had forgotten about this. 

[quote user="Number 9"]Broadstairs, that''s next week I think matey[/quote]

OK. Thanks and it means that we can unload a few a bit earlier then.

[quote user="Number 9"]Thanks, so is everything over at 1am or could it be after? Sorry to be a div[/quote]

Sometimes the fax machine breaks down so an extension is granted.