Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Summer Clearout

Whether we stay up or go back to the Fizzy League, I anticipate that the playing staff will change a lot. Here are the players that I think ought to move on, in either scenario - what do others think?

To go if we stay up - Eddy, Flem, Holt, Helveg, Drury, Leon, Mulryne, Stuart, The Doc. Use Jonson, Svensson and McVeigh as squad players. Hendo, Crow and Jarvis out on loan for first team experience.

If we go to Fizzy League - Mulryne, THe Doc and Helveg (who will want to return home).

We must get our defence sorted out and some skill into midfield, otherwisw it''s another 9 years in the wilderness.    

If we were to go down (which I still don''t think we will btw!) I think the only players that would leave for definite are Helveg, Greeno and probably Francis will be snapped up too.  I hope we''d hang onto Deano and Jonson.  Apart from that I would have thought the rest would be prepared to stay.  It would also give us a bit of cash to strenghten with from the possible Greeno and Franny departures (£6M + from them leaving).  I million quid buys you a heck of a lot in the 1st Div.

If we were to go down, with all the players being on divisional wage structures and our current financial state and squad, I would have said we would be better placed to mount a 1st Division challange than West Brom, Southampton or Palace

Whatever division we''re in, I hope that the following players will all move on:

Fleming
Edworthy
Mulryne

Players that need to realistically stay:

Jonson
Helveg
Francis

I think Green will go no matter what happens.

I reckon the following players will leave with or without relegation

Svensson - wants to play his final days back in Sweden

Helveg - wants to play his final days back in Denmark

McVeigh - not upto it - Terminate contract by mutual consent

Mulryne - Injury prone - Terminate contract by mutual consent

Greeno - if an offer for 3-4mil comes in

I don''t think you''ll be seeing a lot of changes, the best players are on long term contracts and it will take sizeable offers to sell them, we''d also be in the position where we don''t have to sell.

Mulryne will go, his contracts up and I can''t see it being renewed. McVeigh signed an extension not that long back. Greeno may go but on recent performances he''s not the finished article for the top clubs.

You''ll probably see 3-4 new faces if we go down, more if stay up

Regardless of the division Fleming MUST GO. The man has been shocking all season in every sense. Mulryne shouldn''t be far behind him. In the unlikely event that we stay up, only Damo''s place should be secure.

Fleming''s contract extended by 2 years at beginning of season.  I don''t think we will be deluged by offers do you ? 

i don''t know about you lot - but from what ive seen i would like to sign stuart for atleast a couple of years, his premier knowledge will help us alot! He might be old but he can still work..... ........especially if we in the fizzy league, he could be a sharp point for us.

[quote]Regardless of the division Fleming MUST GO. The man has been shocking all season in every sense. Mulryne shouldn''t be far behind him. In the unlikely event that we stay up, only Damo''s place should be...[/quote]

Only Damo? Bit harsh isn''t it? I''d certinatly keep Greeno, Charlton, Hucks and Ashton. Maybe even McVeigh and McKenzie.

I don''t think that clearout will happen if we stay up.  You are talking about getting rid of 9 players plus 3 on loan.  How will we replace all those players?  They are worth very little to sell and it would be costly to release them from their contracts.  We then have to find the cash to buy 9 players who are better than those leaving and are PL standard.   

There is then the problem of those new players settling in and keeping the same work ethic and club spirit that we have.  Disrupting the squad and team in such a way would not be such a good idea.  It has to be done over at least 2 seasons.

Helveg and Svensson will head back to Scan. Mullers has sold up and is ready to go (and is playing like it too!), Brennan has an attitude and should join him, Mckenzie may be good enough for Div 1, not good enough for prem. Ashton, Huckerby Jonson best forward line in Div 1. Francis will go to a prem club for lots of cash, edworthy 50/50 stay / go., Green on way. Gallacher to replace. Holt will be safe under Worthy. Mcveigh may stay. Charlton will stay with Doherty, and Flem for one last season. If we go down as seems likely expect more of the youngsters to get a game, as the standard of opposition will not be so taxing for them, and most lack premiership standard. We will need a striker to replace Mckenzie/Svennson, to partner Ashton, Hucks on the left Jonson right, 2 new central midfielders, and 1 or 2 decent defenders. There. thats sorted that.

[quote]Helveg and Svensson will head back to Scan. Mullers has sold up and is ready to go (and is playing like it too!), Brennan has an attitude and should join him, Mckenzie may be good enough for Div 1, no...[/quote]

Easy at that.  It''s so simple.......but who are these new players?

I say we all club together and buy NW a copy of Championship Manager as most of the suggested buys on this forum come from there and he may well spot a bit of talent!

Well its undeniable that we have some dead wood cluttering up the place. Its also undeniable that Green and Francis will have admirers. As a regular watcher of the second string ill tell you now the production line has hit a real snag, and isnt doing the job. I expect the players for division one promotion push part two already reside in that league. The issue is getting rid of people that havent done the business this season. Including one or two favourites im afraid.

Out should be:

Jonson - Has been poor, high wages, old etc
Henderson - Rubbish....
Svensson - Old, will want to go home and I can''t see a place for him with Deano
Mulryne - Doesn''t want to play for us anymore.
Green - Can''t see us holding onto him.
Francis - See Green

Borderline, but I think should stay:

McKenzie - I like him and is good at Div 1 level. Still got a good few years left in him.
McVeigh - Always rated him and hasn''t had a fair chance this season
Helveg - I''d like to see him stay, whehter he will or not, I don''t know.
Eddie - Should definitely stay, had a good season.

Next season is the time to bring in our youth talent. If Worthy genuinely thinks they''re up to it then throw them in. Shackell should be first choice Centre-Back with either Doc or Charlie and Jarvis should start up front with Ashton regardless of what league we''re in.

Well as obviously Green and Francis will go, we need to find a replacement mid-fielder.

For time being Stuart is great, but if we make the step-up to the premier league again (if we get relegated) then i cant see him being the same as francis has this year.

DONT GOOOOOOO DAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!