Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Beckham donates salary to children's charity

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]Top man!!![/quote]

SSSHHHH you are not allowed to mention him on here, people are fed up hearing about him

Rightly or wrongly ,this type of thing is why i dont like him Great to do what he has done , but why tell the world ?? Plenty of people donate or do charity work without saying anything JUST GET ON WITH IT !!!

This probably sounds cynical but I can see this sort of thing becoming more common in France with this new 75% tax rate for high earners. Not saying Beckhams motives are wrong fair credit to him but I can see big money players in France getting lower wages in return for substantially more generous "expenses" in future.

Worth £100m+, no need for the money so why not? Boosts his rep, PSG get a huge shirt sale boom, and probably get a percentage of that. Win, Win, Win!

I think the guy is a legend

I know you can be cynical about how he doesnt need the money and due to the good PR it will improve brand Beckham and make him even more money etc etc

But end of the day a kids home will get a load of money which is a great thing.

Also compare his actions to all the mercaneries going to QPR from better clubs just for the cash

Rock Bus has hit the spot for me.

Who cares that he''s let everyone know? If anything that should be what he should do, he''s donating a sizeable sum to a charitable cause. I thought that it was fairly common for such large acts of charity to become public knowledge.

It should be something you should be happy with, not something to moan about. Yeah he doesn''t need the money, yeah its god publicity for him and he''ll be getting many benefits from his time at PSG anyway, but he didn''t have to do this, and he didn''t have to let everyone know. Its just one of those things that restores a little faith in humanity, and perhaps more so in football.

I like Beckham and this is a nice story but the alternative is he gives it to the inland revenue.  Wealthy people give to charity as they can offset the contributions against their taxable income: it''s also a fast track to a knighthood.

It is wholly admirable.  I would rather he had given it to a UK charity however, given that''s where he grew up and learned his trade, and yes I know that sounds terribly parochial but there we go.  It''s a minor point and it''s a very generous and decent gesture.