Sign in to follow this  
Constable officer

Becchio and Kamara is a joke

[quote user="Constable officer"]Did we seriously just waste our money on these two dead weights? A Morrison V2 and a striker from the MLS. A waste of time, of course we could have gone after somebody who scored in the champions league but nooooope. We just have to sit there and submit half arsed bids so that we can claim that we tryed. Pathetic work from the club and heres to hoping in the next few hours something turns around!!![/quote]no, your''e the joke and probably not even a city fan. to$$er

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

It is dissapointing. I can''t really comment on the Kamara, however if Stoke didn''t rate him than that doesn''t bode too well. Time will tell. As for Becchio I honeslty can''t believe we''ve signed him. Never rated him and really can''t see this working out. He''s not good enough for us.   

[/quote]
Stoke not rating him probably just means he passed the ball along the floor during their pitch-length passing session in training, instead of aimlessly hoofing it like the rest of them.

As was mentioned on here previously Stoke didn''t want Kamara because he can actually play football.

He kept going past people with the ball at his feet when he was on trial there and they were all confused as to what he was doing, they thought he was a running back and just wanted him to run whilst they punted upfield, hence why they didn''t sign him, they''d never seen anything like it before!!

I will let you into a little secret, Liverpool had a young goalkeeper on trial, were offered the guy after his great perfromance in the champions league game against Barcelona and they didn''t rate him at 200K.

A few years later Petr Cech signed for Chelsea and look at him now!

You can''t count on other teams turning away players because they might not fit what Stoke needed. Let''s give Kamara a chance.

Constable officer, shall we just go out and sign messi or ronaldo? We made 2 decent signings which have improved the squad, as we needed pace and a goal scorer. If you expected marquee signings you are deluded or ignorant.

[quote user="Constable officer"]Yes, lets give the 28 YEAR OLD a chance...[/quote]
Eric Cantona went on trial at Sheff Wednesday aged 26 YEARS OLD. They wanted another week trial, he said no, Leeds signed him and the rest is history. He was playing for Nimes who finished 15th in Ligue 1 the season before.
It happens.

Give the players a chance before you judge them in my opinion. Players and fans are all in for the same cause, so all those claiming they are underwhelmed, keep an open mind and get behind the team because you may just be surprised with what the new boys can do!

No, their surnames are not a joke.

But if you take their christian names, you can make a rather poor in joke for Fall fans:

Kei Luciano!

There you are. Becchio and Kamara is a joke. Someone agrees with you. Now, run along.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]When we survive in this league and Becchio and Kamara are hits I will laugh in your sorry face.[/quote]

The trouble will be that idiots like the OP disappear from this messageboard when there is no whinging to be done.

Was Grant holt a prem striker before he came to us?Morro?......NO! but i dont remember you on here when we went up into the prem slating Morro/Holt because they weren''t prem strikers! Give Becchio a chance to prove himslef before slating him......I know its ur opinion, but this is not good slating players before they have had a chance to show us what they have to offer!

OTBC!

Whos to say hooper or the other player we have Been linked with would be better than becciho or kamara? Spending more money does not necessarily mean the player is better than a cheaper option. Take Torres for example. I for one am happy with these signings. The first 11 is fine when all are fit. But we need other attacking options when the ones we have r having a poor game. Kamara is another wide choice that can cut inside and grab the odd goal and becciho is a good finisher and I would feel we would have more chance of a goal with him coming off the bench rather than Jackson who can''t play the loan role. So all in some good additions.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I can''t really comment on the Kamara, however if Stoke didn''t rate him than that doesn''t bode too well.[/quote]
Is this the same stoke team that also rejected Demba Ba who instead moved to West Sham with the rest being history?
Davo

According to Becchio''s stats on the official Leeds Utd site, he has a Championship record of 25 goals in 33 full appearances and 17

sub appearances, which is impressive.

Admittedly the Prem is a step up, but I''m confident Becchio will prove a

more natural goalscorer than either Morison or Jackson and this is

exactly what we need.

If we are done then I see it as this We needed strikers and we''ve got two who also throw a few assists into the mix. Unless you are buying top draw, like RVP and paying top dollar, then every transfer is a gamble. These two may turn out to be a massive success, they may not. No one knows. My mate was a Forest fan and Holty couldn''t hit a barn door and they were glad to see the back of him. As the previous poster said about Ba, it is always down to the football gods. Lambert was great at Norwich and most of us would have thought he would be working his magic by now but its not happening. I''m not too disappointed about losing Morison as I don''t think he was clever enough for the Prem defences and at the same time I am going cold on the Hooper deal for the reasons stated above as around 10 Million is a big gamble for a player of his experience in top leagues.

Getting Davies in would be a good bit of business and in summary we would end the transfer window with a stronger squad than before. Cannot be too unhappy and we can throw silly money around once we get another couple of years under our belt