Sign in to follow this  
andy schmitz

A Serious 3 Option Poll Reply please

After deep philosophical thought it seems like these are the three ways our club can go in the future.  Please pick your choice for our future.

1) Accept we will never be a large club, our rightful place in the realm of things is somewhere between 20th and 30th, and be happy competing in the Championship for a once in a while trip to the Premier.  In other words be a Leicester.

2) Remain in the Premier, struggle every week and battle relegation every year.  In other words be a Southampton.

3)  Actually compete in the Premier by recognizing that the game now is all about money,  create a team called East Anglia United and immediately probably become one of the top 5 or 6 biggest clubs in the country.  I realize this means Ipswich and Norwich fans supporting the same team but instant crowds of 50-60000 every week and a legitimate chance to win a title.  In other words we become an East Anglican Man U.  Too radical?

Well for starter 3 is NEVER going to happen!!!!!!!!! Also we would never instantly become a top 6 club by doing such a thing!

As for 1 and 2.. i really don''t care, lets just take things as they come, this time two seasons ago none of us would have thought we would be where we are now, lets remember that. This season is supposed to be an adventure. All i want is for us to compete and play to our potential, the rest will follow.

All i know is we are Norwich City

I don''t like any of those options!!!!! and quite frankly I don''t think Norwich have to take any of those routes!!

We are a smal club with not alot of money, we have not been in the premiership for a decade, we have an inexperienced manager at this level.

For us to make the transition to a regular premiership team it is going to take time!! That is not to say that it won''t happen,  just not overnight!!

In reply to your ''deep philosophical thinking'' I suggest not to give up your day job to become a philosopher!!

[quote]After deep philosophical thought it seems like these are the three ways our club can go in the future. Please pick your choice for our future. 1) Accept we will never be a large club, our rightful p...[/quote]

I would rather struggle in the fizzy than join hands with ipswich .

Why can''t we do secret option number 4:  Accept that we aren''t an established Prem club YET.  Possibly yo-yo for a couple of years. Steadily strengthen over the next few years.  Keep our finances in order, keep a consistancy with the board and management and then, BINGO, we ARE an established Prem club.  Ala Charlton

[quote]After deep philosophical thought it seems like these are the three ways our club can go in the future. Please pick your choice for our future. 1) Accept we will never be a large club, our rightful p...[/quote]

You missed out on a 4th choice: Build up slowly, possibly becoming a yo yo club for a few seasons, and then, a la Charlton style, becoming an established premiership side.

Or is that too positive for you andy?. 

[quote]You missed out on a 4th choice: Build up slowly, possibly becoming a yo yo club for a few seasons, and then, a la Charlton style, becoming an established premiership side. Or is that too positive for...[/quote]

Good god Wiz!  Anyone would think we were the same person!

It has to be the 4th way - next 2-3 years as a yo yo club before establishings ourselves at the bottom (3-7), moving to mid table(7-10) then europe (10-15yrs) and who knows what beyond  - it needs either a short term fairy abramovich or a long term game plan - I think our board have the latter and that suits me. 

OTBC

There are no guarantees in football that adopting any of these options would bring success.

Also, if we joined up with Ips**t, we would have to start all over again as a non-league football team; that hardly ensures that we are in a position to win the Premiership in the near future..?!

number 2, obviously

who in the world would choose 3??????