Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

what would you change?

I clearly see no harm in trying Shackell in place of Doherty (Spurs had one of the worst defences last season). We were unlucky again to lose our right back today it made a big difference. I would also start with Safri in a sweeper role just to try to shore up the defence even more. Up front Ashton and Jonson. For all Mckenzies effort he just cannot cut it. Huckerby has lost his ability to score - his best role now is unlocking defences and setting up for Ashton and Jonson.

[quote]I clearly see no harm in trying Shackell in place of Doherty (Spurs had one of the worst defences last season). We were unlucky again to lose our right back today it made a big difference. I would als...[/quote]

It might have escaped your attention  that Ashton  and Jonson are ALSO missing  chances .........  Hucks  should be kept  centre front  ..... if there`s any criticsm that could be levelled at him it is that  he should  forget  passing  , and whack the ball in himself   when  the opportunity arises .....  to say he`s lost the ability to score   is..... crap !! ..............  so  yeah .... stick back on the left  ... and  let us all " enjoy "  watching  his pinpoint crosses being wasted  again . and again.. and again ..and again ..........

To use the phrase above, Hucks "has wasted chances again and again and again." Of our goals against Borough and WBA, Hucks has set up most of them playing on the left wing. Keep him there if we want to score goals.  

I would wa''nt to change attitudes more than any thing else.  I would want our boys to get at the other team, attack the ball as if they wanted it!

I would be interested in the spirit shown on the pitch.

I would not expect our boys to kick their opponents off the park, but I would wa''nt our boys to rekindle their last 10 minutes effort that was evident in the last home win.

I still question our coaching approach it,s not working, and would expect that Shackel irrespective of age could add some much wanted pace in our defence. The formation should be 3-1 (being Shackel) 4-2. Todays post by Yankee Canary had some well balanced points, including the importance of encouragement from the crowd even though the spirit within the team seems sumwhat at a low ebb. OTBC!!!!

Defence and midfield - but options remain limited with current injuries.  Worthy to actually pay some attention to the quality of play in both positions and realise that playing favoured people does not win you games - ability with a football is important, and more so than having legs and mentaility to run around all day.

Not change 4-4-2, Hux/Ashton partnership, comebackability or attitude, which has generally been good.

OTBC

Gone appears the rhetoric of last year of standing toe-to-toe with the oppostion and earning the right to play. We appear to lack a strong sense of controlled aggression to mix it with other teams. Countless times we have ended a match without a booking - which suits Worthers as it looks impressive, but I''d much rather prefer to see a few yellow cards being chalked up in exchange for performances whereby we have challenged the opposition and given them a physical AND footballing going over.

Winning the Fair Play award would be a good achievement, but not half as sweet as staying up (which I still think is achieveable).

drop flem bring in shackell
Drury at left-back (unless he does crap), then bring in Brennen
Huckerby Left wing
Mckenzie up front:

(basically what im playing on pes4 at the moment)

--------------Green------------
-Eddy---Doherty--Shackell-Drury
----McVeigh-Stuart-Damo------
------------------------Huckerby
-----Ashton------Mckenzie------