Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

£9.2 Million 5th bid!!!!

It''s not gonna happen. Celtic have said they aren''t selling. They said it 2 weeks ago. So why have we wasted time going for him. If we have this money surely there must be other players we could have got for £9m

[quote user="alartz"]GODS SAKE!!!!

Just who the hell do Celtic think they are??

Just leave it to the summer get him for half that.[/quote]One of Europe''s great clubs and a last 16 Champions League team, actually. Your outrage amuses me.There''s no way you offered £9.2m - and Celtic have said there''ll be no deal tonight.

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]GODS SAKE!!!!

Just leave it to the summer get him for half that.[/quote]One of Europe''s great clubs and a last 16 Champions League team, actually. Your outrage amuses me.There''s no way you offered £9.2m - and Celtic have said there''ll be no deal tonight. [/quote]I don''t believe it either IC. If anyone had bid that kind of money for Hooper you would have bit their hands off.NCFC don''t chuck that sort of cash about, it was a hoax.It makes people think we tried though when in reality we have only parted with £200k so far.

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]GODS SAKE!!!!

Just leave it to the summer get him for half that.[/quote]One of Europe''s great clubs and a last 16 Champions League team, actually. Your outrage amuses me.There''s no way you offered £9.2m - and Celtic have said there''ll be no deal tonight. [/quote]

"Your outrage amuses me" and your tinpot league amuses me. What a great few days you''ve had on another clubs message board, got a life much? So smug for someone whose marquee signing is... Some random reserve keeper.

Fwiw I''m glad we haven''t bid 9.2 as he''s worth no where near that. We''ll have him in the summer for 6 max I reckon so no sweat.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]GODS SAKE!!!!

Just leave it to the summer get him for half that.[/quote]One of Europe''s great clubs and a last 16 Champions League team, actually. Your outrage amuses me.There''s no way you offered £9.2m - and Celtic have said there''ll be no deal tonight. [/quote]I don''t believe it either IC. If anyone had bid that kind of money for Hooper you would have bit their hands off.NCFC don''t chuck that sort of cash about, it was a hoax.It makes people think we tried though when in reality we have only parted with £200k so far.[/quote]At this stage, I''m not sure Celtic would do a deal with Norwich at all. Have never known the club to release a statement saying a player will not be going to a certain club at this stage. The whole thing has been handled abysmally by your negotiators, I think. The initial bid was leaked and it would appear the subsequent offers have been slight improvements on the others. Celtic seem fairly bored off with the whole thing now.

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]GODS SAKE!!!!

Just leave it to the summer get him for half that.[/quote]One of Europe''s great clubs and a last 16 Champions League team, actually. Your outrage amuses me.There''s no way you offered £9.2m - and Celtic have said there''ll be no deal tonight. [/quote]

"Your outrage amuses me" and your tinpot league amuses me. What a great few days you''ve had on another clubs message board, got a life much? So smug for someone whose marquee signing is... Some random reserve keeper.

Fwiw I''m glad we haven''t bid 9.2 as he''s worth no where near that. We''ll have him in the summer for 6 max I reckon so no sweat.[/quote]Tinpot league. Deary me. A couple of seasons of EPL football and some of you let it go to your heads. Marquee signings? Our last was Robbie Keane - since then we''ve concentrated on unearthing talent and developing them. Guys like Kayal, Wanyama and a young striker called Hooper. You might have heard of him.

1. 2051: 

GARY HOOPER UPDATE

Celtic are still adamant that striker Gary Hooper is going nowhere.

BBC Scotland''s Chris McLaughlin reports that another Norwich bid has been received and rejected. The offer is valued at around £9million.

A month ago most of us had never heard of or taken much notice of this player. This window brings a Christmas type frenzy.

Look how many players shine and fade or just click at some clubs and not at others.

I REALLY do not want Norwich City to overstretch themselves on Gary Hooper, I would prefer we brought in Curtis Davies or another midfielder in the mould of Tetty and BJ to give them help.

Above all else I just want us to get a result at QPR.

"Celtic seem fairly bored off with the whole thing now."

We''re getting fairly bored off with you.

It''s fairly obvious it''s not happening, why are you still here?

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]GODS SAKE!!!!

Just leave it to the summer get him for half that.[/quote]One of Europe''s great clubs and a last 16 Champions League team, actually. Your outrage amuses me.There''s no way you offered £9.2m - and Celtic have said there''ll be no deal tonight. [/quote]I don''t believe it either IC. If anyone had bid that kind of money for Hooper you would have bit their hands off.NCFC don''t chuck that sort of cash about, it was a hoax.It makes people think we tried though when in reality we have only parted with £200k so far.[/quote]At this stage, I''m not sure Celtic would do a deal with Norwich at all. Have never known the club to release a statement saying a player will not be going to a certain club at this stage. The whole thing has been handled abysmally by your negotiators, I think. The initial bid was leaked and it would appear the subsequent offers have been slight improvements on the others. Celtic seem fairly bored off with the whole thing now.[/quote]We''ll never know the truth but its certainly not the way we have ever conducted business before so I would suggest we all keep quiet until the facts come out.If Hooper had a release clause we should have met it then the ball would have been in the player and agents court.

£9.2 million?? That''s too much. A mugging.

For me, he''s not quite proven enough at the highest level for so much investment. Seeing a filmed collection of his goals recently indicated to me that although he is a genuine and versatile striker, most of his scoring has been against very, very weak defences. I mean weak. He would not get anywhere near as much levity in the Premiership. OK  his two Champions League goals speak for themselves, but they don''t make him a £9m player.

Perhaps that is why none of the bigger boys have shown any genuine interest in signing him and why Hodgson has been unaroused by his very existence.

I would have liked him here, but @£8m max and this would need to be a G/T, ie. inclusive of future add-ons. It would have been slightly OTT, but needs and circumstances must.

The best thing that has come out of this sorry saga is an indication that we are now willing and capable of bidding big if the need arises.