Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

The frustrating thing.....

It has been apparent for a long time we were lacking serious firepower up front,The window has been open for 31 days, it must have become clear Hooper was going to be a no-go.Our 4th and final bid was placed this morning, since then our attention seemed to change to Davies.We had no Plan B,We ended up panic buying in my opinion, we have swapped a decent Championship footballer for another decent Championship footballer in exactly the same mould and brought in a complete unknow and unproven quantity.We are in no better position than we were this morning,Maybe it is the hype brought about by Hooper and RVW, but cant help but feel dissapointed, underwelmed and frustrated.

Of course we''re better off. We''ve moved a player on, at a low ebb and brought one in who''s raring to go.

And Kai will be eager to prove himself, okay he might not cut it, but I can expect him to give it his all.

Why was everyone so excited about Hooper anyway?

Apart from a handful of CL games, most of the teams he''s faced regularly are not PL quality.

I would have been happy if we had signed him, but the price Celtic wanted was ridiculous. Seems quite likely Graham wanted to go up north. And also he requires a lot of chances to score, not something we currently create.

RVW was the one I was most interested in, potentially could have been a very good signing.

I think Becchio has the momentum behind him to chip in with a few goals, whereas Morison was well and truly out of form, he needed to move to get that back. And Kamara, well he could be a great addition, he could be a MacNamee type signing, just helps out and provides some excitement.

Yeah sure a marque signing would have been nice, but nearly every Hughton signing so far has been key to the best part of our season so far, bar Butterfield and the ''panic'' loan Kane. Think he did want Kamara and Becchio, maybe not as much as Hooper, but still. I''m very hopeful.

[quote user="CDMullins"]It has been apparent for a long time we were lacking serious firepower up front,The window has been open for 31 days, it must have become clear Hooper was going to be a no-go.Our 4th and final bid was placed this morning, since then our attention seemed to change to Davies.We had no Plan B,We ended up panic buying in my opinion, we have swapped a decent Championship footballer for another decent Championship footballer in exactly the same mould and brought in a complete unknow and unproven quantity.We are in no better position than we were this morning,Maybe it is the hype brought about by Hooper and RVW, but cant help but feel dissapointed, underwelmed and frustrated.

[/quote]
This, I''m just frustrated.