Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

The Perfect PR stunt

2 clubs that clearly have great relations, as shown by 2 Pre-Season games!One club shows great resolve to hold onto their prized asset!One fools its fans into thinking it was serious about actually signing a striker should it miss out on a big windfall again, whilst not appearing to be over prudent!! Fact!! if you have 7 Million to spend and want a striker there are plenty around!! I am not saying this is fact but stranger things could of happened???

Well, there is a lack of a better excuse at the moment so this is the one I''m going to settle on.

Clearly there is no truth in this , but it really wouldn''t be a surprise if it was true.
I''m gutted at the business we''ve done this window.This prudance and ambition is really getting on my nerves now.
Spend peanuts , I only hope we survive.

[quote user="Stig"]Well, there is a lack of a better excuse at the moment so this is the one I''m going to settle on.[/quote]I think trying to con people into buying season tickets was a much better conspiracy than this.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m not a great believer in conspiracy. I prefer the more usual explanation for events not transpiring in the way that might be hoped.[/quote]

Quite... some of these people need ot read up on Occam''s Razor.

If you honestly believe that we had no intention of signing Hooper then you must be mad.

It really is very simple. Celtic value Hooper higher than we estimated - he has 18 months left and hasn''t signed a new contract so it is hardly surprising that we thought we could sign him but Celtic have proved more stubborn than we predicted.

There are £7M strikers out there but who is to say that they are 1) appropriate, 2) interested in coming to Norfolk and 3) available?

Let''s trust our club ... they''ve served us pretty well for the past 3 years.

[quote user="ricardo"]They are all bloody lizards mate.[/quote]
I think that was too subtle, but I appreciate it.

"If you honestly believe that we had no intention of signing Hooper then you must be mad.

It really is very simple. Celtic value Hooper higher than we estimated - he has 18 months left and hasn''t signed a new contract so it is hardly surprising that we thought we could sign him but Celtic have proved more stubborn than we predicted.

There are £7M strikers out there but who is to say that they are 1) appropriate, 2) interested in coming to Norfolk and 3) available?

Let''s trust our club ... they''ve served us pretty well for the past 3 years."

Absobloodyloohooutely

Some of the frankly barking mad stuff being posted on here tonight is just beyond belief

[quote user="dpit"]"If you honestly believe that we had no intention of signing Hooper then you must be mad.

Let''s trust our club ... they''ve served us pretty well for the past 3 years."

Absobloodyloohooutely

Some of the frankly barking mad stuff being posted on here tonight is just beyond belief[/quote]And yet the same fools will be down the shops laughing at the fools who paid full price as they buy half price easter eggs on easter monday.