Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

Championship football?

Newcastle and QPR have upped the stakes dramatically with their signings.

It''s not just about who we have or haven''t signed, I would have said we were just about good enough to stay up regardless of any new signings, but I think Becchio especially will get enough goals to see us safely over the line.

QPR is going to be one tough game.

Newcastle should now have enough to pull clear. If Redknapp can get QPR playing something like a team then they might have enough quality to just get out of it. But that''s a big "if" in my opinion, as they''ve had ''names'' there before and still failed.

But even if QPR do get out of it, Reading, Southampton, Villa and Wigan were and still are significantly worse than us in my opinion. So even without our signings, I feel we would have just about stayed up.

The squad is marginally better now than it was a week ago (mostly because Becchio is a marginally better player than Morison in my opinion). So I still think we''ll stay up, but I don''t think our signings have been good enough to see us get any higher than 15th. (But I''d have taken 15th at the start of the season, so am not complaining.)

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow Newcastle and QPR have upped the stakes dramatically with their signings.

It''s not just about who we have or haven''t signed, I would have said we were just about good enough to stay up regardless of any new signings, but I think Becchio especially will get enough goals to see us safely over the line.

QPR is going to be one tough game./quot

I''m sorry. Just who do you think QPR have signed???