Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

happy with signings

We wanted strikers and we got them.... The fact we offered considerable sums for hopper shows we are prepared to slug it out.

To all those whingeing I would like to ask you who we should have signed instead?

The fact we didn''t get a player from a tin pot European league (Portugal) or we couldn''t tempt a champions league side to part with their best player isn''t enough for some... News for them.... We aren''t man city.... If you can''t accept that... Tough.

Welcome kamara and becchio and I look forward to seeing them in action

I''m happy becchio is quality and kamara has the unexpected in him would have liked some more creativity in the midfield but we will just about be ok

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]And if we go down due to lack of goals you''ll still be happy no doubt Jas?[/quote]So where''s the guarantee that signing someone like Hooper for probably 13/14 mil all inclusive would guarantee us more goals anyway? Becchio is on form and has got as many goals in half a season in the Championship as Hooper did in an entire season, for a fraction of the cost.Good business, and we weren''t held to ransom. Only people moaning are those who seemingly equate a big transfer fee with a massive improvement in quality - and we just have to look at QPR''s previous dealings to see that doesn''t always ring true.

I''m happy too . What we have done has been in a controlled, calculated and business like manner and not in a '' let''s go for broke'' in a typical football supporters approach . Currently very proud to be an NCFC supporter with Queen Delia , King David , and Prince Chris at the helm

If Lambert had signed them when here half the moaners would have creamed themselves over "how good they are" by now.

When Hughton arrived I said he could win us the champions league and he wouldn''t be accepted

Errm ..perhaps they would, but only at a price they thought was a reasonable risk?

The perennial problem with this club''s supporters, & all others of course, is that their risk assessment is coloured by the fact that it isn''t their money they''re spending.

Ok slim.... Andy Carroll..... Big money transfer and complete crock if shyte.....

Michu.... Free transfer and scored loads already.....

Which player would you rather have?

Who has bought more to their respective club?

Good business or "signing a nobody"?

Not knocking Becchio or Kamara, however we need more firepower, particularly if Holt gets injured. I do not think you really believe either of them will score 15 goals this season. We had money to spend, I would suggest something in the region of £10M to £15M (assuming the quote from Hughton that he wanted both Hooper and Graham is correct). What really irks me is that we had 31 days in which to conduct our business, but we appear to pinned all our hopes on Hooper, leaving us nowhere to go if the deal fell through. So we have a Becchio, Holt, Jackson, Kane and Kamara, we have to hope and pray that Holt remains fit for the remainder of the season. Your comment re "Man City" is simplistic, we had money to spend and 31 days in which to do it,,,,,,,,,

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

There are no guarantees with any player, but on that basis nobody would sign anyone in an attempt to strengthen!

[/quote]So signing two strikers isn''t strengthening?! [*-)]

What has holt bought to the team this season?

He might find himself benched soon....

Becchio is his ling term replacement.

didnt everyone say holt wouldnt score in the Prem last season yet he ended up with 15 goals? Whose to say that wont happen with Becchio?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]One assist and 4 goals for the fat man.....

How many goals and assists for becchio this season?[/quote]If you really think you can compare them you are clueless,Holt as not performed badly, he has had no service what-so-ever.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

They could Jas, but there''s nothing to suggest they will. 

[/quote]

And there''s nothing to suggest that they won''t.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Errm ..perhaps they would, but only at a price they thought was a reasonable risk?

The perennial problem with this club''s supporters, & all others of course, is that their risk assessment is coloured by the fact that it isn''t their money they''re spending.[/quote]

Graham, Hooper or VWW would have helped, but Becchio should bring sufficient freshness for the time being. However the truth is that we needed to be a lot better in midfield, and indeed we saw evidence of this against Spurs. We''d obviously been hard at work in training, because the attacking, variety and general passing was miles better.We''ll be fine and can look forward to spending a fair bit more than would otherwise have been the case in the summer.