Sign in to follow this  
Stig

And now...

McNally has taken to twitter to parade some cretinous opinions around... what for?! Why does he keep doing that??? Stop retweeting those fools, no one cares for their opinion. If anything, he is taking the piss - they are annoyed we didn''t make a "quality" signing and instead of explaining why to try and appease them he retweets them with NO COMMENT. He ups the Season ticket price and vaguely defends it. It''s official, I don''t much like McNally, not because of the way he helps run the club - but because of the way he flippantly treats the fans and their opinions.

Tell you what Stig, how much do you want for your season ticket for the rest of the season....

As you are so unhappy and disgusted I take it you won''t be cheering the new players or going again.... It are you a hypocrite?

[quote user="Stig"]It''s official, I don''t much like McNally, not because of the way he helps run the club - but because of the way he flippantly treats the fans and their opinions.[/quote]Because most fans are idiots.

[quote user="baldyboy"]and you dont with your mindless posts on here? you are exactly what you are moaning about with McNally!![/quote]
That''s a bit rich Baldy. [;)]
No, I''m not sitting here calling him all kinds of names. I''m just annoyed that there is a serious lack of explanation as to what happened. One moment we''re in for all these fantastic players, bidding in the millions - the next we''re bargaining with our players and getting another fella in on loan. It just... I don''t get it - no doubt people are angry, but then McNally takes to twitter to show these angry fans up. How is that going to help?

yes like hes gonna tell everybody about every bid made and deal they tried to do isnt he? Its not like he has to run a football club or anything is it?

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="baldyboy"]and you dont with your mindless posts on here? you are exactly what you are moaning about with McNally!![/quote]
No, I''m not sitting here calling him all kinds of names. I''m just annoyed that there is a serious lack of explanation as to what happened. One moment we''re in for all these fantastic players, bidding in the millions - the next we''re bargaining with our players and getting another fella in on loan. It just... I don''t get it - no doubt people are angry, but then McNally takes to twitter to show these angry fans up. How is that going to help?
[/quote]

The only angry fans are the ones who are fantasists or clueless.

[quote user="baldyboy"]yes like hes gonna tell everybody about every bid made and deal they tried to do isnt he? Its not like he has to run a football club or anything is it?[/quote]
Umm... so shouldn''t he be doing that rather than riling up already angry fans by retweeting their invalid/valid opinions? [:^)]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="baldyboy"]and you dont with your mindless posts on here? you are exactly what you are moaning about with McNally!![/quote]
[/quote]

The only angry fans are the ones who are fantasists or clueless.[/quote]
Or the ones that are annoyed the club didn''t manage to follow through on their bids and instead pick up second fiddle players once more.

I think he''s probably a bit pissed off himself right now. Not saying its right because yes, keeping shtum is always best when you''re too narked to control yourself. Something I think Stig might do well to learn

[quote user="dpit"]I think he''s probably a bit pissed off himself right now. Not saying its right because yes, keeping shtum is always best when you''re too narked to control yourself. Something I think Stig might do well to learn[/quote]
Again, very rich from another outspoken Pink''un poster.
I have no doubt Becchio and Kamara will play their part in the squad, my quarrel is not with the players we ended up getting it''s with the ones the club told everyone they were targeting and then failed to do so. The incompetence during this window was plain for all to see when compared to how other clubs go about their business. Perhaps the only club to do as bad or worse than us was Villa and Spurs, but then they got Holtby on the cheap so maybe not even them.

I''m with stig with this one, it would be refreshing if McNally would actually answer a question properly. Granted the people tweeting him are idiots but they have valid points! Maybe it''s me being frustrated and angry that we didn''t spend any money at all in this window but I''m starting to agree with people like wiz!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I am still waiting for your answer Stig.[/quote]
You can carry on waiting. I''ll only say I will be behind the new players and the rest of the squad. As I''ve said before on this forum I support the team on the pitch and the crest on the shirt. Anything else I don''t automatically have to support, especially the board members and anyone else that runs the club. McNally is dissapointing me more and more. If that doesn''t match up to your opinions, tough sh*t. I don''t care.

So let''s look at the alternative courses of action re Hooper

a) tried to keep our interest quiet, in which case we stll wouldnt have landed him and you would still be pissed off

Or

b) refused to take no for an answer and offer a ridiculous price for him which Celtic couldn''t say no to

Which would you prefer Stig or is there sonething elsecwe could have done?

"The incompetence during this window was plain for all to see when compared to how other clubs go about their business. "

Priceless. If anything demonstrated the "Little Old Norwich" inferiority complex, then this is it.

I honestly don''t understand why it''s turned into a manhunt for stig on here. He has every right to express his opinion and most of his original argument I agree with. Everyone needs to calm down!!

[quote user="dpit"]So let''s look at the alternative courses of action re Hooper

a) tried to keep our interest quiet, in which case we stll wouldnt have landed him and you would still be pissed off

Or

b) refused to take no for an answer and offer a ridiculous price for him which Celtic couldn''t say no to

Which would you prefer Stig or is there sonething elsecwe could have done?[/quote]
Celtic said no, and I find it hard to believe there wasn''t a valuation mentioned that Norwich could have met/walked away from early in the negotiations. With that, we could have identified more targets or tried harder for a rvw swoop. I mentioned trying to sign the likes of Kevin Doyle back in December. I don''t know all the players, but I know there are thousands to choose from, but apparently we were infatuated with Hooper and so we made no real attempts for anyone else. Not even a sniff at rvw today, I would love to know what happened with that. As someone on twitter put it, we were like an awkward guy at a nightclub keep pestering a girl for her number, despite being rejected a whole bunch of times.

The Hooper one was in the public domain. How do you know we made no real attempts for anyone else?

My take on the retweets is just to show the unwarranted abuse he gets. It''s ok to be annoyed, upset, naked, but don''t result to insult.

Let''s face it, QPR didn''t sign a player they wanted to sign, who wanted to join them, and WBA wanted to sell. It ain''t easy!

For me we targeted a player that was unlikely to come, and we had no plan b. Again.

Personally, I think McNally is a legend.

the way he has run the club and made himself available to the fans through twitter, I wouldn''t know too much about the CEO''s at other clubs but I dont its common.

The amount of abuse McNally gets on a daily basis, I would say he''s fairly entitled to retweet the odd one.

The way that CH has talked fairly honestly about transfers even though they''re in public domain. He could have responded with no comment, or the classic under Doomcaster we dont talk about any speculation. Instead, we actually got some news. Disappointing but nevertheless informative.

If this was a different regime, we would all be even more upset saying the Hooper/RVW rumours was a load of bs.

I hope this current policy continues at Norwich, and support CH/DM more and more every week.

13th in the table, 7 clear of the drop, and a little bad run which happens for most mid table sides. Hopefully, we starting to come out that and will be comfortably clear of the drop for rest of the season.

REAL incompetence would have been to sign somebody that we couldn''t afford, pay way over the odds or. worst of all buy someone that we didn''t really want.

There is little point in signing someone just to keep fans happy - they have to be able to improve the squad and be of a price that is proportionate to the perceived benefit that they will bring. I can understand the disappointment that we didn''t get a really exciting signing, although personally, I feel that we have closed the transfer window stronger than we were at its start.

[quote user="Baracouda"]Personally, I think McNally is a legend.

the way he has run the club and made himself available to the fans through twitter, I wouldn''t know too much about the CEO''s at other clubs but I dont its common.

The amount of abuse McNally gets on a daily basis, I would say he''s fairly entitled to retweet the odd one.

The way that CH has talked fairly honestly about transfers even though they''re in public domain. He could have responded with no comment, or the classic under Doomcaster we dont talk about any speculation. Instead, we actually got some news. Disappointing but nevertheless informative.

If this was a different regime, we would all be even more upset saying the Hooper/RVW rumours was a load of bs.

I hope this current policy continues at Norwich, and support CH/DM more and more every week.

13th in the table, 7 clear of the drop, and a little bad run which happens for most mid table sides. Hopefully, we starting to come out that and will be comfortably clear of the drop for rest of the season.[/quote]
Thank you for replying to the subject!!
No doubt some of the written abuse is too far, and I wouldn''t stoop to that level. Thus my tweets to him don''t actually get retweeted. Which is what makes me even angrier. The ones who do ask him concise and reasonable questions are ignored, so instead he can amuse himself by picking out the idiots instead. He isn''t the worst ceo by any means, and has done wonders for the club. His attitude stinks though, because like I said... he isn''t communicating with the real fans... instead he is poking the idiots with a stick.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="dpit"]So let''s look at the alternative courses of action re Hooper

Or

Which would you prefer Stig or is there sonething elsecwe could have done?[/quote]
Celtic said no, and I find it hard to believe there wasn''t a valuation mentioned that Norwich could have met/walked away from early in the negotiations. With that, we could have identified more targets or tried harder for a rvw swoop. I mentioned trying to sign the likes of Kevin Doyle back in December. I don''t know all the players, but I know there are thousands to choose from, but apparently we were infatuated with Hooper and so we made no real attempts for anyone else. Not even a sniff at rvw today, I would love to know what happened with that. As someone on twitter put it, we were like an awkward guy at a nightclub keep pestering a girl for her number, despite being rejected a whole bunch of times.
[/quote]

Stig, you are actually full of it. What do you know about any offers we may/may not have made? Come to think of it, what do you know about running a top-flight football club (and no, Football Manager isn''t valid experience)?

You''re running on ignorant speculation and using that as a stick to beat the club with. We''re all disappointed we couldn''t strengthen the squad further, bit please leave out the arrogant posts that pretend you know what you''re talking about.