Sign in to follow this  
tblowers9

Sporting did acquire a 2nd striker....

I personally am split on whether to be pleased, I believe be becchio will score a few but just feel we could have capitalised on sportings finances and had a 20 million striker at our club, at possibly better value than hooper... And bbc did report late on that sporting got another striker on loan so there was the possibility to do a late deal but as many have already said we did seem to put all our eggs in one basket, bit disappointing but not going to be all negative about our chances, just feel we could have had a world class striker at our club

You know, there''s not much evidence that Wolfswinkel is *that* good. He isn''t good enough to get in the Netherlands squad.

unfortunately we only have RvW.Its false that he went to Spain.I know this thread is useless now has the market closed but in fact there was an offer made, which was not enough + the issue of the player rights being divided by 3 entities (funds).I also would like to thanks who went to our forum and I hope you have enjoy our discussions regarding RvWCheers

Thanks Polen, do you think we would get a discount if we pay Sporting the money now, to sign RvW in the summer.

All the best for Portugal.

This third party ownership issue sounds like a real mess to be honest Polen trying to get one party to agree has proved difficult as we tried to buy Hooper from Celtic, trying to get three interested parties to accept an offer sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. The club (Sporting) are clearly not in control of their own destiny and now you have a player for at least half a season whose head has been turned by the prospect of a big money move to the English Premier League which cannot be a good situation for either the player or the club.Good luck for the rest of the season anyway!! Maybe we''ll be speaking again in the summer?

lol.I don''t think so...as this board will probably be put aside on a Club''s extraordinary meeting for the associates. (here the club belongs to their associates and not a specific guy like glazer...) so I dont believe you will buy him now.also, we did not get any striker...even BBC mentioned that in their news. We bought a striker (niculae), it was posted in the club site and today, upon on his arrival, supporters and the journos put the issue that he already have played for 2 different teams this season so he could not play for us...basically the club staff made a lot of sh%$

If you don''t mind, I will appear here now and then, to check the inside performance of the club.You''ve got a portuguese fan...ps - in case someone coming to Portugal in vacations, if you need anything (except money :p ), don''t hesitate