Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

McNally Tweets

Not too disappointed there''s no point us spending stupid money and besides I think it''s been a reasonably good window for us

Very very disappointing!

Still part of me thinks/hopes he is bluffing, but in all seriousness we haven''t really improved our team that much

It just wreaks of us not being able to do business, we look like a laughing stock with that Hooper saga... aggghhhh I am annoyed.

No plan B is annoying as well as the idiotic low bid we have been putting in for Hooper and Wolfwinkel, insulting to the player and the club.

If the players weren''t there then they weren''t available.

I do think we have looked and tried, I just feel we do need to be in the market for players that are of a higher standard and that costs.

If we stay up, then I expect us to pay out that little more. We need genuine quality, we have a squad who stayed up with a great team ethic, holty and morison''s goals.

Now we need a little run with what we have got and then move forward this summer. We need re- inforcements and we need that quality.

I think we have two outfield players with a fresh perspective how they hit the league running is another thing. We need starting strikers to be bought next summer. We will have Bly becchio and holt, so two new strikers in the summer are now needed. For me they need to be a level up on these two so a busy window where once more we will need to spend big.

All depends of course if we can be in this division. Now it is up to the players that we have.

Even though most of us have taken the rumours of bonkers bids with a pinch of salt and got over excited by the confirmed links to players like Van Wolfswinkle and Hooper expectations of marquee super signings have been raised to unachievableand unlikely heights.

Personally I''m delighted that we''ve added fresh faces to our forward line and let go of a striker who had run out of gas for us. We aren''t rich enough, like our rivals, to put in silly bids and lure top top signings but at least we pushed the boat out as far as we could.

Let''s just hope we have enough to survive - at least Villa, Southampton, Wigan and Reading have barely strengthened and we have more points on the board than all of them with the squad we had before the window. 

[quote user="Constable officer"]I agree with wiz. I''m speechless with confusion and rage.[/quote]Why? We tried hard to get certain players but the clubs in question simply didn''t want to sell. Bidding 9.2 million is an astonishing amount for Norwich!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Constable officer"]I agree with wiz. I''m speechless with confusion and rage.[/quote]Why? We tried hard to get certain players but the clubs in question simply didn''t want to sell. Bidding 9.2 million is an astonishing amount for Norwich![/quote]

Sorry to repeat myself but I hate to see lies spread as truth. The 9.2 million bid came from a hoax account on twitter and facebook, which was deleted almost immediately.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Pathetic business as per usual. Better get used to championship football.[/quote]

What a tool

We need 4 wins at the most to stay up. If you dont think we can do it and get behind the lads your a dick

[quote user="clarkey1972"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Pathetic business as per usual. Better get used to championship football.[/quote]

What a tool

We need 4 wins at the most to stay up. If you dont think we can do it and get behind the lads your a dick[/quote]

I un-sarcastically encourage you to post more. These people need telling.

Only 4 wins?  That''s far from guaranteed and was it really worth taking the risk?  We''ll find out, but sooner rather than later we will get bitten on the r''s and end up back in the Chumpionship if we continue to fail to strengthen the starting 11 in areas that is plainly obvious need strengthening.

We had the summer then this transfer window and we got Kane and swapped Moro for Becchio.

I quite like the championship,prefer it to this league but sadly finances dictate that we have to stay up. Others around us and below strenghened up where as we only seem to have had one target and missed. Its going to be a squeaky bum run in.

Cantiaci Canary wrote ''We aren''t rich enough, like our rivals, to put in silly bids and lure top top signings but at least we pushed the boat out as far as we could.''

Pushed the boat out? £200K for Becchio and probably about the same for Kamara''s loan fee and Camp on a free. Around £500K when we are supposedly able to afford £10M in transfer fees hardly supports that view.

Whilst I feel Becchio for Morison is a good deal I do think that if we stay up this season we really do need to spend much larger fees for two or three players to bring the additional quality we shall need to secure a longer term future at this level.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Cantiaci Canary wrote ''We aren''t rich enough, like our rivals, to put in silly bids and lure top top signings but at least we pushed the boat out as far as we could.''

Pushed the boat out? £200K for Becchio and probably about the same for Kamara''s loan fee and Camp on a free. Around £500K when we are supposedly able to afford £10M in transfer fees hardly supports that view.

Whilst I feel Becchio for Morison is a good deal I do think that if we stay up this season we really do need to spend much larger fees for two or three players to bring the additional quality we shall need to secure a longer term future at this level.[/quote]We actually GOT the 200k for Becchio so we actually made a profit this transfer window. If that makes you feel any better...Mr Grey, I didn''t realise that (hoax amount); just got a few texts about it. Either way we still bid a lot of money for him (6 or 7 million) and Celtic still said no

I''m surprised many of you even follow football, and particularly City, anymore.McNally and Hughton obviously tried very hard to bring Hooper in but unless the player himself forces his way out., then there is little we can do if his club refuse to sell.Assuming we stay up it bodes well for the future in that it shows we will be able to compete financially with other teams when we have got rid of the remaining debt hanging over the club.