Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Did Hooper actually want to join us?

.....and we can only assume by our continuous bidding for him we must have believed that he did, should or could he have pushed for the transfer more from his end?. If he really wanted to join to us I''m sure he and/or his agent could have made more noises to push it through culminating if necessary even handing in a transfer request.

We''re so used to players throwing their rattle out of the pram when they want a move. I''m kind of impressed with Hooper keeping quiet and getting on with things for me it shows he''s professional. Just look what a prat Obemwingie made of himself.

I think he was probably up for the move but i doubt he was desperate enough to move to us to force the issue. had we been Spurs he probably would have done but we have to be realistic we are not a big enough draw to expect him to throw his toys out of the pram and hand in a transfer request. he will presumably take the view that would have been nice but he will also have options in the summer.

I agree - I cant think we will have chased so hard had the player not wanted to come here...

Perhaps in the summer - although once we survive we have more money and should be aiming to buy better still ;-)

Well, as they couldn''t replace him he just wasn''t for sale at any price we would''ve offered, i think that''s obvious.

And i don''t blame the Celtic board, 50,000 angry Glaswegians?! No thanks!

I don''t think we''d have been trying so hard if it wasn''t made clear by him or his agent that he would be interested in the move.However, he has 2 CL games and trophies/medals due at the end of the season so I doubt he was desperate for the move. He knows in 6 months he will be in the EPL with someone, whoever that may be.Also, if Celtic had refused to sell him, can you imagine how awkward it would make life for him?