Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

All those that think we might stay up but it's just as likely that we will go down

City sent out a clear message of intent yesterday.......we''re second best and doing it on the cheap...again.

Going down if bottom 3..or just 1 of them improve.

95% certain that we will stay up,all dependent on injuries really.

100% certain i won''t be spreading doom and gloom on this forum,winding up our own,slightly nervous,fans. I am up for the tight, end of season scrap!!! OTBC.

So, our squad have been 7 points better in the first half of the season, and will therefore likely outperform the bottom 3 in the remaining fixtures.

We have improved slightly in the transfer window, in particular adding a much-needed poaching striker.

Whittaker is back fit to bolster the defence.

The bottom 3 ALL have to make up half a point a game on us to catch us. Highly unlikely.

Any "clear message" sent yesterday was that we would be overpaying on what we were being asked for, or that the transfer target wasn''t fussed enough about joining to slap in a transfer request. Not our club''s fault, it''s not as if we can offer QPR-style wages as an inducement to come.

[quote user="Herman "]95% certain that we will stay up,all dependent on injuries really. 100% certain i won''t be spreading doom and gloom on this forum,winding up our own,slightly nervous,fans. I am up for the tight, end of season scrap!!! OTBC.[/quote]

I WILL have my say Herman, whats you percieve as ''doom and gloom'' I see as real concern.

Pretty even, I think. Before  signing two and "selling" one, I rated our chances of survival at about even. Things may have improved marginally - we may have an extra striker to select from if Kei comes good, but it''s going to be a struggle.

We have been a low scoring team - not many rivals have scored fewer, largely due to the one striker defensive policy and lack of quality in the central midfield. If this defesnive policy continues, we have to hope that Bassong and Tettey particularly, and Turner, Garrido and Johnson remain fit and not suspended. Otherwise we shall have a real fight on our hands.

A lot now rests on the shoulders of one Cameroonian defender. Failing to get Curtis Davies may prove much more costly than failing to land Hooper. If we lose Bassong to a bad injury, we''re in big big trouble.

Keep him fit and play like we did against Spurs for the rest of the season, we''ll be safe by Easter.

I also think we''re stronger after this window. Wiz is entitled to his usual doom and gloom view, but I agree that 3 wins and 4 draws is not too great an ask from the 14 games remaining. It''d take 2 of the bottom 4 teams to make up a 7 point deficit and I can''t see that happening.

Even if any of the teams below us do improve, they will be doing it by taking points off teams around us. We just have to look after ourselves and not worry about what teams below us are doing.

Wiz, do you really feel that the squad we have are not capable of securing enough points before the end of the season? Really, though?

i think that villa will go down there run in in the final games is quite difficult especially playing against top of the table sides i dont think we should be worrying about villa at the moment but who knows what lambert will do, dont know about QPR though as harry has a nack of getting out of things but hopefully thats just leaves the one relegation slot which i think we are safe from

Don''t think it will be that much of a struggle, may be close, but we won''t go down.

It won''t take just one of them to improve as posted above, it will take 2 of them to improve, there are four teams right down there at the moment on 20 points or below.

Has anyone seen Villa''s run-in?  I would be worried then!

Has anyone seen our Feb/March?  Quite nice isn''t it?

27 points, 14 games to go. Realistically we will prolly surive with 10 more points, might need a point or 2 more, but given how poor the bottom 4 are, i''m predicting 37 will be enough.

If we were going down I woulda predicted losing to Tottenham, not picking up yet another point in one of our toughest games left of the season.

I give us a 2% chance of going down.  The bookies have us at 1/12 to stay up.

Anyone who thinks we are going down should go and have a bet now!  Lots of value!  No? Thought not.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Herman "]95% certain that we will stay up,all dependent on injuries really. 100% certain i won''t be spreading doom and gloom on this forum,winding up our own,slightly nervous,fans. I am up for the tight, end of season scrap!!! OTBC.[/quote]

I WILL have my say Herman, whats you percieve as ''doom and gloom'' I see as real concern.

[/quote]You ARE a doom monger though??

[quote user="Wiz"]

Going down if bottom 3..or just 1 of them improve.

[/quote]No Wiz you''re making it up again, there are actually six teams below us, most of which have a tougher run in than us too. You probably haven''t noticed but we''re a single win away from joint tenth.

You are entitled to your opinion Wiz just as others are entitled to criticise your opinion. That is why we live in this great country. I personally think you are overly down on the club,and although we are not in a completely rosy situation,we are in far better health than a few clubs.

I can understand fans being slightly nervous

But fans like Wiz and Lincoln Canary who said yesterday ''better get used to championship football'' really do irritate me

Based on what evidence are we going down? The only thing that would worry me would Bassong being out for the rest of the season. But that''s highly unlikely and every team relies on 1 or 2 players, United with RvP, Spurs with Bale, etc etc

When Whittaker and Ruddy are back and we have a full strength team you will see just how good we are , bar the Newcastle performance (bad day at the office) we have been a match for every single team we''ve played with our key players on the pitch.

No one seems to be able to justify their views of why we''re in a relegation battle either, they just say it, ignore any questions, then move on to another thread stating the same things!