Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Van Wolfswinkel - worth 20M Euros?

McNally has just tweeted this:

davidmcnally62

We did have interest in strikers. Our main international target was available for 20m euros. We don''t have 20m euros

I am assuming, given RVW was the only "international" target named by the club, it is him.  That''s silly money in anyone''s book.  those third parrty owners need a reality check.  Still now can look forward to doing some proper negotiating with them come May.  Let''s hope the pound recovers and we can get some value in the deal.

He has the potential to be  £16m player without a doubt - however right now I would not want to go beyond £10m.   I think they really expected E20m  but being january thought they would chance their arm.

Would love us to go back with say E15m bid in May - he has far more potential than Hooper and worth the extra cash IMO

Not for the first time recently I find myself grateful that the transfer negotiations were conducted by a professional businessman and not by any one of a number of posters from this board.

[quote] No.

[/quote]^this[quote]Not for the first time recently I find myself grateful that the transfer negotiations were conducted by a professional businessman and not by any one of a number of posters from this board.[/quote]^and this

No idea. Never seen the guy play 5 minutes of football, let alone 90.

But for that kind of money he must be half decent.

[quote user="GJP"]

No idea. Never seen the guy play 5 minutes of football, let alone 90.

But for that kind of money he must be half decent.

[/quote]

I''d expect "whole decent" GJP.

Little Noarwich here. The only transfer dealings approaching £20m pound that I want NCFC to be involved in in the forseeable future are those involving us selling players.

It is with regret that I fear that John Ruddy could be this player. I hear that big clubs like Liverpool are sniffing.

No. He has potential, as he is in the frame for Holland, albeit well below RvP and Huntelaar in the Dutch pecking order, but at 23 he is still a work in progress, and I see anything beyond 5m on him an unjustified gamble. For such a pricetag one might expect top performers of top leagues. I often use Adam Szalai (Mainz) as an exampe, robust 6ft4-er, would make Kompany think twice, Bundesliga topscorer. His buyout price is 12.5m.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]No. He has potential, as he is in the frame for Holland, albeit well below RvP and Huntelaar in the Dutch pecking order, but at 23 he is still a work in progress, and I see anything beyond 5m on him an unjustified gamble. For such a pricetag one might expect top performers of top leagues. I often use Adam Szalai (Mainz) as an exampe, robust 6ft4-er, would make Kompany think twice, Bundesliga topscorer. His buyout price is 12.5m.
[/quote]

Seriously if you think spending £5 Million on RVW is a gamble

Than what proven Premier League striker do you expect to get for that?

You think Berbatov would come to Norwich?

Danny Graham probably had the chance to come to us and chose...............The Mighty Sunderland

Next?

Last season Berb sounded desperate enough to go anywhere where he could get first team football. If a player would come to NCFC only for an irrationally inflated price, there is not much point talking about it. Leave that for QPR. If Sporting manages to sell RvW, I''d be truly interested about the price, but I seriously doubt it''ll be anywhere near. Btw. RvW is not a proven goalscorer in the Prem either.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]If memory serves me right that was Berbatov''s price. Danny Graham to Sunderland?[/quote]

First off Berbatov may well have cost £5million in a transfer fee but we know his wages will be high. I am suggesting that high means £50k a week or more. So the transfer price is one thing - but considering that is £400k a month-ish, you can understand why we wouldn''t be able to afford him.

Graham wanted a move closer to home. I think that is proven by his move to Sunderland, a team he would have down as bitter rivals as a Newcastle fan. But having no offer from them its the next nearest team he received an offer for in the prem.