Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

A positive outcome from the transfer window

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

By spending very little in the transfer  window that has just shut  we shouldn''t have that temporary financial shortfall in the summer that was mentioned in the last Annual Report of NCFC.

OTBC!

[/quote]

Except that the warning was that "the shortfall is larger under the Championship model", so that may not be true, even if it is true, which may or may not be the case, under the Premier League model. Have a nice day![H]

Given the size of the reported bids, which McNally has pretty much confirmed the lower level this morning, that leaves me to think we have underspent by c.£10M (you could not bid 2 x £5M for two players without the cash backing it up - what if both accepted)!  I think this is clearly more than enough to get over the repayment difficulty (in fact it probably is the repayment so some left in reserve).  And I received 3 years of preference dividends payment this morning.  Ah, the fag packet accountants are happy!

I know it is playing on a knife edge, but if we stay up that will make one hell of a difference.

January always involves inflated prices, less time for players to bed in and a lot more stress.

In a way I''d rather we have more money to spend in the summer than in January, at a time when we can get better value for money and when there is more time to bed players in and get the squad working as a team.

That said, I do think Becchio is an improvement on what we had as is Camp. And I am holding out that Kamara''s attitude and energy gives us that added extra little push.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Given the size of the reported bids, which McNally has pretty much confirmed the lower level this morning, that leaves me to think we have underspent by c.£10M (you could not bid 2 x £5M for two players without the cash backing it up - what if both accepted)!  I think this is clearly more than enough to get over the repayment difficulty (in fact it probably is the repayment so some left in reserve).  And I received 3 years of preference dividends payment this morning.  Ah, the fag packet accountants are happy!

[/quote]

I thought you said you were an (fag packet) accountant.