Sign in to follow this  
Officer Tillys small Willies (Nigel,lappy)

Lets all do the happy clap!!

Excellent signings we all couldn''t of asked for more infact were so lucky that they would come to our club. I hope nobody else got there hopes up for rvw or hooper. Or theres the other side of the fans that think were safe as houses because qpr didnt gel after the signings in summer (yeah lets all forget harrys turning it round) oh and Newcastle''s new teams French so they wont do well. Reading well their just crap they couldnt buy a point if they tried oh whats that they drew with chelsea last night and their showing the sort of spirit and resolve that got u out the championship with that never say die attitude oh well they''ll definitely go down anyway. Southampton? well they sacked their manager so theyve got no chance have they?? Then theres wigan, you know the team that always do better in the second half of the season. Seriously i think Villa are the only team looking like going down yet weve had Lambert as a manager so we know he is capable of turning it round. My point to all this people??? were sleepwalking into the championship and most of our own fans cant even bloody see it

Oh for goodness sake, go support Manchester United, you''ll enjoy it more. You don''t deserve Norwich City. And when we don''t get relegated I hope you hang your head in shame and cry yourself to sleep for being such a d!ck.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Oh for goodness sake, go support Manchester United, you''ll enjoy it more. You don''t deserve Norwich City. And when we don''t get relegated I hope you hang your head in shame and cry yourself to sleep for being such a d!ck.[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Oh for goodness sake, go support Manchester United, you''ll enjoy it more. You don''t deserve Norwich City. And when we don''t get relegated I hope you hang your head in shame and cry yourself to sleep for being such a d!ck.[/quote]
[:D]
[/quote]oh im really sorry for daring to worry about Norwich city. Listen pal i was supporting Norwich while you were still latching on to mummy ok. Your part of the MAN U generation G.P so dont worry about who im supporting

i admire the blind optimism some people show *clapclapclap* but i also think it highlights a distinct lack of intelligence, intelligent people question things and offer reasons for debate concerning choices people make

also this forum would be dull as hell/dead if everyone thought the same thing

[quote user="technika"]i admire the blind optimism some people show *clapclapclap* but i also think it highlights a distinct lack of intelligence, intelligent people question things and offer reasons for debate concerning choices people make

also this forum would be dull as hell/dead if everyone thought the same thing[/quote]Tell me about it technika i wish i could just smile and clap and not feel so emotionally involved when it comes to Norwich City but i cant. But god it would be an easier life if i did but i love this club and being an older fan ive seen the highs and the lows and uive also seen the highs that come before the lows and ive also been so caught up in the highs that by the time you reasie whats happening your relegated. Its alright for people like you G.P. But ive lived it all before and im a bit more cautious these days, But hey never mind watch your palms dont start hurting from all that clapping ;D

Get yourself on MOTD! #cliche

QPR safe cos of ''Arry and his signings.

Reading have great team spirit.

Southampton playing with flair.

It think you missed off Norwich playing with superb spirit and still looking dangerous at home

Quite so, that intelligent questioning is perfectly reasonable - but a panic-strewn rant doesn''t count as that in my book. The op seems to forget that we had a pretty decent result ourselves last night, while waxing lyrical about Reading drawing with faltering Chelsea.

Yes, I''m sure we would have all been happy had Hooper or RvW signed, but equally we ultimately didnt perhaps quite have the funds and there''s no way we should have gone over what they were worth (to us). IMO we have strengthened a little over how we were at the start of Jan, if only by a bit, but no less than others around us, QPR excepted, though they just went a bit mental. I certainly don''t feel we are any more likely to go down, though that isn''t to say it won''t happen.

[quote user="Worsencroft"]Get yourself on MOTD! #cliche

QPR safe cos of ''Arry and his signings.

Reading have great team spirit.

Southampton playing with flair.

It think you missed off Norwich playing with superb spirit and still looking dangerous at home[/quote]Yes thats right Worsencroft were on fire we came back from 2 nil down against chelsea with 3 mins to go didnt we??? what we didnt oh no thats right we drew 0-0 with man city??? what that wasn''t us either ohhh no thats it, we were winning 1 nil against a lack luster spurs and ended up drawing 1 all YAYYYYY were safe. Idiot, if you''ve nothing sensible to say the probably best to say bugger all yeah??

Sorry, but all those results are nigh-on equivalents of one another: home sides drawing against top 5 teams, we came closest to winning. If you really consider us as bad as you imply, surely no amount of (realistic) transfer activity would have saved us!

None as so blind as those who cannot see.

Sleepwalking to The Championship is the best description I have seen on here.

But we must not upset the Forum Kings who know best. I bet they dont understand The Emperors New Clothes

[quote user="Morison''s Prozac"]One thing I am sure of is that tecknika, you are not an intelligent man.

DITTO

Think we''l come around mid table again. Got better signings than all around us. We didn''t pay over the odds either. Infact we spent like 200,000 and improved the squad so no complaints. Who did Reading buy? who did southampton buy? who did wigan buy? no1 that will keep them up. We''re not in a relegation dogfight!

"But god it would be an easier life if i did but i love this club and being an older fan ive seen the highs and the lows and uive also seen the highs that come before the lows and ive also been so caught up in the highs that by the time you reasie whats happening your relegated."

Haven''t read such good stream of consciousness since Virginia Woolf, have you been reading "To the Lighthouse" by any chance?

"Lets all do the happy clap!!"

What is the alternative?

What are you suggesting we do? A petition? Protest marches? A match boycott? Or perhaps just try to create a general feeling of negativity? All of these are likely to produce the outcome that you fear.

The "happy clappers," as you pejoratively call them, will do far more to help the club than the whiners and wingers.

I really don''t like the attitude of some older fans.

Sorry for my post, it was very harsh, I was very tired ad in a weird mood, shouldn''t have posted.

Just because you''re older doesn''t mean you are better in anyway. I love Norwich City and that''s why I''m omtomistic. If I was getting worried about everything we do I''d probably be clnically depressed by now with all the other things I worry about. Football is the one thing I regularly enjoy.

I may have only been supporting this club for 13 years, it''s not my fault in 20 and not 50, and I''ve seen is relegated the, promoted three times. I''ve seen performances as bad as Luton, and as good as Man.U,

So just because I''m positive and not old don''t you dare question my emotional attachment to this club.

Im just concerned that you''re suggesting it''s not normal for me to cry myself to sleep every night.

Well last night anyway.

GP, the older you get, the more cynical you get - Just ignore them.

And let me just say, i''ve got major doubts on Hughton, and i was majorly worried following at the start of the season when we didn''t sign any forwards (Kane exception).

But i''ve got to say i''m happy we''ve got a few more attacking options in now, we have the strongest squad for years...

Even if we did bring a marquee signing in, where does it leave players like Holt if he continues one up front?

We''ve got such an attacking presence in midfield, and i''m left pretty confident after the first half against spurs... We were outstanding!

The bigger decider for us this season is not the players on our books, it''s whether Chris can get the right mix on the pitch to get Holty/whoever finding the net more frequently.

I am older and I can see the bigger picture, Hooper is NOT worth 10 million quid so I am actually glad that we didn''t pay it!! Maybe these people would be glad if we went bust because then they could go and support Man United without worry!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]I am older and I can see the bigger picture, Hooper is NOT worth 10 million quid so I am actually glad that we didn''t pay it!! Maybe these people would be glad if we went bust because then they could go and support Man United without worry!![/quote]Baldy boy complaining about moaners?!Blimey... [;)]

Aces, instead of worrying about what other teams are doing, think instead about what we need to do to stay up. Do you really believe we are not capable of getting the 10-12 points we need to be safe?

[quote user="baldyboy"]I am older and I can see the bigger picture, Hooper is NOT worth 10 million quid so I am actually glad that we didn''t pay it!! Maybe these people would be glad if we went bust because then they could go and support Man United without worry!![/quote]I''m with you baldyboy, I''m 50 and have been watching Norwich for over 40 years and just can''t see the need for all the negativity surrounding this transfer window, we have brought 3 players in and put in what we consider as reasonable bids for 2 others, if Celtic don''t want to sell Hooper we can''t force them and if the figures being asked for vanWolfswinkle are true I''m pleased we walked away from that one.The money we would have spent will now be available to spend in the summer window when prices are at a more realistic level.

I''ll try and be calm, rationale and hopefully inoffensive by looking at the points AH raised in "neo-happy clappy" mode:

1.  qpr didnt gel after the signings in summer (yeah lets all forget harrys turning it round) - ''Arry has form of taking down a team in a similar situation - remember Southampton where he spent millions, but still the club got relegated and Soton went very close to going out of business altogether!  Odds are it is going to happen again.  Boy ''Arry''s got his work cut out to get these boys to play consistently as a team.  Theey will be harder to beat, but will struggle to win many, and wins are what they need.

2.  oh and Newcastle''s new teams French so they wont do well - bringing in four players of a different (albeit the same) nationality, many of whom have never played in the EPL, right in the middle of a season and one where the club is in the middle of a relgation battle is a high risk straetgy.  Newcastle''s form is similar to other''s who have suffered managerial second season syndrome.  I think this smacks of Pardew relying heavily on his Plan A (look there are other clubs who don''t have a Plan B too).  Again Pardew has a lot of work to get this team to gel, I don''t think he has enough time.

3. Reading well their just crap they couldnt buy a point if they tried oh whats that they drew with chelsea last night and their showing the sort of spirit and resolve that got u out the championship with that never say die attitude oh well they''ll definitely go down anyway. Like other sides Reading are nothing if inconsistent.  They can obviously raise their game against the big boys.  However McDermott is still struggling to find his first team line-up.  ALF starts from the bench and he''s bought in another player like him in Blackman - he can play but only when he wants to.  Reading will continue to lose more than they will win.

4.  Southampton? well they sacked their manager so theyve got no chance have they??  A huge gamble on their new manager, the board must be confident he can do something for them, however he has had no time to get to know exactly what is required of his squad and although he has added the most obvious addition in a defender, like Reading their main problem is inconsistency.  However I think they probably have a better chance of staying up than the above three.

5. Then theres wigan, you know the team that always do better in the second half of the season.  They are slightly better off than they have been in other seasons.  I think this will count agaisnt them.  By the time they have revved up and start playing it will be too late.  Also another team relying on a lot of imports with no previous EPL experience - this will add to the time it takes for them to get going.

6.  Seriously i think Villa are the only team looking like going down yet weve had Lambert as a manager so we know he is capable of turning it round.   Lambert is used to managing a team that have got going relatively quickly - this team are already nearly two thirds through a season and not yet performing.  This makes it different.  However he might just do it.

You''ve confined yourself to the six currently below us.  However West Ham look to be in freefall too at the moment and Fulham have also been very inconsistent.  I think these two will figure in the scrap as well but should just about survive. 

As for ourselves, whilst I would start to panic a bit if we didn''t get six points in February, as others have tried to point out we have some very winnable matches at home coming up.  If we all get behind the team then 10 points from those five matches should be achievable.  If we don''t then frankly we will deserve to go down.

Hope this helps why some of us feel positive about our fortunes in a rational way AH.

No point in arguing against posts like Aces High.  One of those who  never gives credit to the club.    There is a core of fans who want to find fault with the club, regardless of the facts or the reality of the situation.      No doubt he was one of those calling for Hughton''s head earlier in  the season, before he had a chance to get things going............  

Hi all after a good nights sleep ive subsequently calmed down i think i was just pee;d off that id spent the last month expecting hooper or possibly rvw. People are right to be a bit calmer than me as already said a win against qpr will alleviate some of my concerns. However we have only had 2 yes 2 points out of  possible 24 so on that form everythings going to honky dory thank god for that. Also the people that are moaning about the worriers such as myself are probably unable to comprehend the financial implications of going down this season. After next season the financial gulf between the championship and the E.P.L will be enormous I wouldnt be surprised to see two of the 3 promoted teams go straight down after going up. HIP HIP..... CLAP CLAP........HIP HIP...... CLAP CAP Enjoy