Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

to all optimists

this is to the people who think we will stay up.

i want to know how you think the seasons going to go and when we will climb out of the bottom four.

personally i think one of the strikers will come good and start lashing a few goals in (ashton or hux)

secondly, when helveg and co are back we will have a full strength squad to help us.

worthy will work on the defence and make it tight (i hope)

any thoughts?

lets stick all our players in defence... atleast then we wont conceed a goal, but we wont score any.....

oh well, does it matter? ''Cause it doesnt when worthy puts three left backs on the field, does it?

So, i reckon we should just try and get some draws!

[quote]lets stick all our players in defence... atleast then we wont conceed a goal, but we wont score any..... oh well, does it matter? ''Cause it doesnt when worthy puts three left backs on the field, does...[/quote]

Could try a 9-0-1 formation AJ !  

AJ if Greeno is good enough for England at left back, he is surely good enough for us. Does that make 4?

Northern I agree with you that Helveg should make a difference to our defence, but the fear is that Worthy will play in midfield again.  Yeah Helveg was doing well there, but our defence needs some serious attention.

I cannot understand why he keeps playing players out of position ala Sven, and if these continues we are doomed.

My policy has always been pick the position and then choose the best available player for that position and on this seaosn that would go something like this:

GK = Green, 2nd choice Ward

LB = Charlton, 2nd choice Drury

CB = Helveg, 2nd choice Flem

CB = Doc, 2nd choice Shacks

RB = Eddy, 2nd choice Helveg

RW = Jonsson (some will disagree, but who is better there?), 2nd choice McVeigh

CM = Francis, 2nd choice Holt

CM = Stuck here as I haven''t seen Stuart play, but based on reputation and what I have read I would stick Stuart here over any of the others with Safri as my second choice.

LW = Bentley, 2nd choice Brennan

ST = Huckerby, 2nd choice McKenzie

ST = Ashton, 2nd choice Svensson

Of course there will be loads of things that could change this, but the point is look at position, look at the first choice, if they are not available look at the 2nd choice, if they are not available then and only then mess things about.