Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Sitting in the Jarrold stand against Spurs

It''s not common Chelmsford - although you do tend to get a bit of it for the games against the big London teams in particular.

Near me six or seven of them jumped up when they scored and were removed by the stewards a few minutes later.

It would have been unheard of last year, but is becoming a bit more noticeable this year. Certainly had black and white Newcastle scarves in block H for the previous game. I also noticed that some were invited outside for a bit of advice from the steward.

Previously tickets would have been snapped up by supermembers and members making those sections solid home support. However these sales have slowed noticeably with many tickets now going on to no restriction sale and as such available to away supporters. It was a near capacity crowd on Wednesday but only because away supporters took the opportunity to buy these tickets. And tickets were available pretty much up to the day of the match so its not as though they were denying our supporters the chance to go to the game.

If we want these sections to be solid home supprt then our supporters need to be buying tickets as early as possible.

It wouldn''t be so bad if Tottenham could sell all their allocated tickets, but they couldn''t.

I think they must have sold their allocation. Attendance on Wednesday was only 22 short of the Man Utd game which I think is our record attendance since going all seater. I may be wrong on the record but once we get beyond 26,800 its pretty much a sell out and needs the away team to sell their allocation to do so.

I sit in J Block in the Jarrold and gauging by the reaction to both goals, I would say that there were a good few Spurs supporters dotted around. The stewards ejected a couple of knuckle draggers; otherwise there was no problem.

So what, plenty of City fans do it at away grounds.The secret is to keep quiet when your team scores.Not easy.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I have a feeling there was a Spurs fan sitting behind me... Didnt celebrate Wes'' goal at all..[/quote]It was probably Bly, was he wearing a half and half scarf? [:)]

the point I was making is how apparent it was, as i said, one guy was wearing a Spurs scarf and there was no hiding their appreciation at Bale''s goal.

you don''t expect to sit in a home stand and be surrounded by Spurs fans.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I have a feeling there was a Spurs fan sitting behind me... Didnt celebrate Wes'' goal at all..[/quote]It was probably Bly, was he wearing a half and half scarf? [:)][/quote]

It was him, if he had a rattle.[;)]

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

the point I was making is how apparent it was, as i said, one guy was wearing a Spurs scarf and there was no hiding their appreciation at Bale''s goal.

[/quote]Even I "appreciated " Bales goal, it was a corker.Doesn''t make me a Spurs fan though.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

[/quote]

Even I "appreciated " Bales goal, it was a corker.

Doesn''t make me a Spurs fan though.

[/quote]

Did you stand up and clap? anyway, this is rather petty. i do have a question though. I enjoy reading your match reviews, but why do you refer to yourself as the 3rd person?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I have a feeling there was a Spurs fan sitting behind me... Didnt celebrate Wes'' goal at all..[/quote]It was probably Bly, was he wearing a half and half scarf? [:)][/quote]It was him, if he had a rattle.[;)][/quote]He was probably rattled when Wes scored, but mightily relieved when Bale equalised for "My Spurs". [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I have a feeling there was a Spurs fan sitting behind me... Didnt celebrate Wes'' goal at all..[/quote]It was probably Bly, was he wearing a half and half scarf? [:)][/quote]It was him, if he had a rattle.[;)][/quote]He was probably rattled when Wes scored, but mightily relieved when Bale equalised for "My Spurs". [:D][/quote]The Spurs fan didnt spend the game shouting "come on MY spurs"... Couldnt have been Bly!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I had two Spurs fans next to me in the blankets. One got slung out and the other was left in my care[:O][/quote]Blimey, you could have been sitting next to Bly and never knew it. [8-|]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I had two Spurs fans next to me in the blankets. One got slung out and the other was left in my care[:O][/quote]

Blimey, you could have been sitting next to Bly and never knew it. [8-|]
[/quote]

No way!! The spud next to me was a great guy. Had a good laugh with him and I''d enjoy his company again[;)]

Away fans providing they are not knuckle draggers are fine. Often talk to the away fans on the way up and back to London on the trains. All part of footballs rich tapestry.

In fact travelled back to London with Newcastle fans, but I think the camaraderie of trying to overcome a failing rail system that night trumped football partisanship.

Do agree that they should sit on their hands though. I managed it for Elliot''s goal at Spurs last easter when I was in the home section. That was a corker too.