Sign in to follow this  
Ashwood

Three cheers for McNally

Got rid of some dead wood , brought in a free scoring striker in Becchio and an exciting and promising prospect in Kamara, and only spent a few quid !

In McNally,Delia and Hughton we trust !

We got a loanee, who we really don''t know how well he will do.
We got a like for like in Becchio
We got rid of a striker whos goals helped keep us up
As predicted all of these "big signings" were all just paper talk and smoke and mirrors
Very dissapointed, watching anyway JUST in case...

We''ll they weren''t just paper talk and smoke and mirrors were they. They were confirmed by other clubs. Unless I''m mistaken we can''t actually force other clubs to accept can we? If we can you should tell McNally.

You must be joking. Getting rid of our 2nd choice striker replacing him with another. A loan from the USA, any better than what we have? I think not.

The putting of all eggs in one basket could be a £100m gamble come May

[quote user="Stig"]We got a loanee, who we really don''t know how well he will do.
We got a like for like in Becchio
We got rid of a striker whos goals helped keep us up
As predicted all of these "big signings" were all just paper talk and smoke and mirrors
Very dissapointed, watching anyway JUST in case...
[/quote]This with bells cherries and everything thrown on top!

I hope that we''ll all feel so great come May.

So off to a rejuvenated QPR with only half the number of us travelling compared to last season and without winning a match since I don''t know when, Things are going well. 3-0 to QPR.

From a business point of view. This bloke has done an excellent job.

Spent absolutely nothing.

Loaned out a few players to cover the cost for the two new arrivals.

Got rid of the boo boy (Morison) for a slightly better player who knows half the team already. Won''t take long to settle in.

Bumped up the season ticket prices and its all forgotten by all the PR cover ups with all these bids going in for players to take the focus off the price rise.

Brilliant job!!

We tried but it is disappointing.

An unknown for us but also an unknown in the prem. so he could be a good tidy player. But it may also be a player to stick on the bench.

Becchio is tidy, and a good striker. I just believe that we will need two new strikers in the summer and we will need to spend more than we have before as we need to lift to that next level. Three years in the prem and we would still be considered a relegation candidate if we do not.bring in quality to join the likes of bassong and garrido. Our lack of depth has been shown this very month of premiership calibre players.

But we fight on and have games to win, this group hae to prove it and if we stay up we build once more.

Let hope "we tried" does not become "we tried and failed". At the AGM we were told the priority is Premiership survival, and that everything possible would be done to maintain that status. Whilst i do not doubt "we tried", I have to to say the way we have gone about it is laughable, why leave it so late to get Hooper, we clearly had a lot of cash to spend (based on the fact Hughton has confirmed we were after both Graham and Hooper). I fear that we will not have the firepower to keep us up, particurlarly if Holt gets injured. I thought the days of club spin were behind us, it would seem not, prepare yourselves for Championship football.....

We tried , and we succeeded . I think you are confusing Club spin with Media spin . If its Championship football you want, can I suggest you travel 40 miles down the A140 .

SoB, I''m a bit disappointed with your attitude on this.

Surely you can see the risks in paying vastly inflated prices for players like Hooper? Given the fact that Celtic did not need or want to sell him, we were on a hiding to nothing from the start.

I keep saying it, but it''s basically a dealing situation, & I know all about those. If you have something you know is good, & you know somebody else is after it, you say "nah, I''ll hang on to it. You can make me an offer if you like though ..." It''s called negotiating from a position of strength. Which has been Celtic''s position all along.

Having a lot of cash to spend does not make it justifiable to squander it. It has a tendency to disappear like breath on a mirror...

Sorry I don''t buy the smoke and mirrors thing. Are yiu really suggesting that we were never serious about Hooper?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I hope that we''ll all feel so great come May.

So off to a rejuvenated QPR with only half the number of us travelling compared to last season and without winning a match since I don''t know when, Things are going well. 3-0 to QPR.[/quote]

Rejuvenated QPR ?? They''ve signed Samba, who''s not going to be fit for Saturday and injury prone Jenas. Oooooooh wow! Bet the guys are quaking in their boots.

QPR have spent shed loads in the last three transfer windows and it hasn''t done them much good has it?

If they stay up then all well and good but if they don''t which is more likely, then they will be up the creek without an oar

I know whose shoes i''d rather be in

Sorry, SoB, where did I say, or imply, you support Ipswich? I apologise if I''ve inadvertently suggested that.

You strike me as one of the more level -headed amongst us, & I thought you were perhaps being a little blinkered by the disappointment, which is understandable.

Truth be told, I''m concerned too; more by our not strengthening the defence ( & perhaps adding a DM), as we are still very reliant on our first choices.

I do think though, on balance , we''d have to be extremely unlucky to be relegated - but that''s the problem , lady luck can give you a right good kicking sometimes! Let''s hope she''s not got us in her sights this year ...

OTBC!

I agree with Horse Manure - now there''s something that you wouldn''t imagine saying!*

QPR have spent wildly in every transfer window and it has done them very little good. It is not an option for us in any case, without billionaire backers. Most clubs don''t want to sell key players in January, there is a very short list of possibilities unless silly money is offered. If we took the QPR route, the future of the club would be at risk.

* I am not casting aspersions on your views, Horse, just the concept of agreeing with equine excrement!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I hope that we''ll all feel so great come May. So off to a rejuvenated QPR with only half the number of us travelling compared to last season and without winning a match since I don''t know when, Things are going well. 3-0 to QPR.[/quote]

3-0 to the mighty Canaries!