Sign in to follow this  
Not Nigel

Who the *** has Lambert signed?!?

I thought I''d check out Villa to see if they have signed anybody to see that they had signed ''Yacouba Sylla'' and ''Simon Dawkins'', hadn''t heard of either.

Sylla fair enough, some Ligue 2 player from France, could be rubbish, could be a Tettey, but nobody is supposed to have heard of him so wait and see.

Then I checked out ''Simon Dawkins''. I haven''t got a good knowledge of leagues outside of the UK, but I have a very good knowledge of UK players, there is rarely anybody that I''ve not heard of - thanks in part to good old football manager. I''d never heard of Dawkins though, so checked him out.....

.... He signed for Spurs in 2004 at 16, and joined Leyton Orient on loan in the 2008/2009 season where he was nothing other than a bit part player for Orient it seems, 13 games in five and a half months. His first games in football.... he was 21 at this point.

He was then released from Spurs in June 2009 having never played a game for them..... and spent TWO YEARS without a club, failing loads of trials at clubs including Bournemouth. Two years with no contract at all, anywhere, basically sitting watching footy on TV each Saturday like every other person in the country.

Spurs then RESIGN him in March 2011 at the age of 23, after he went back on trial at Spurs.... after not playing for nearly two years - not a single game, anywhere, after being released by them, and after being rejected by sh*t loads of clubs. Probably the most bizarre thing that I''ve ever heard (people thought it was strange seeing Scholes back after six months retirement).

He then goes on loan at San Jose where he plays his first games of football for two and a half years but ends up being a quality MLS player and banging in 14 goals in 53 games for San Jose (former club of Darren Huckerby).

Has ANYBODY here heard of him? This bloke is TWENTY FIVE and has never played for Spurs, his only permanent club, and had played 13 games by the time he was almost 24. He has no England youth caps at all, and Google brings up pretty much nothing about him.

I can only conclude one of the following:

a) Paul Lambert has well and truly lost the plot and thinks that he is still managing Wycombe Wanderers.

b) Spurs have a mysterious and secret precocious talent who will come and peak at 29 and be the best player in the world.

c) The MLS really is a mickey mouse league full of awful plays and Dawkins is the lovechild of a billionaire who have paid for him to be a Spurs player.

What does it say about Kai Kamara''s record though?

Has anybody ever heard anything like this before? I mean, I know that Holt dropped down to the Blue Square North and played in Singapore for a bit, but he''d played a hell of a lot of football by the age of 24, this bloke seems to have played less football in the last six years than Kieron Dyer.

Surely he could have asked us for Simon Lappin and Chris Martin, if it was that desperate?

Starting feeling sorry for him now, first time.

Or Lambert has done exactly what he did with us and has seen a player who has some talent and a bl00dy big point to prove.

The fact that he''s never really made it in England could just make him work harder than any of the other dross at Villa.

Lambert has a method and it worked for us so well that all anyone banged on about was if a player was hungry to prove themselves.

Maybe this is another of those players.

Hillarious insight into Villas transfer policies! I agree, it will be interesting to see how he does.

Maybe spurs felt they owed him a favour to getting back into football after his awful injuries? He agreed to join them for nowt and they go loan fees and gave him training and a last chance that clubs such as Bornemouth just couldn''t risk?

I take it all back, Villa fans appear delighted:

"wtf is this signing all about?"

"World beater"

"I think the football gods are just taking the piss out of us now"

"never seen him play but a 25 year old SPurs player nobody heard of is strange"

"I''m going to stand outside the doors at villa village now waiting first in line to buy a shirt with dawkins #1 fan on the back. Jesus fucking Christ"

"Buying for buyings sake. Get Lambert out"

"Good luck to you lad. For our sake I hope you do will in the brief time you are here with what little time remains of our premiership status. You can say you once played for a premier league club, just as we can all say we once supported one"

"Definitely a WOW signing, as in, WOW who the fuck is Simon Dawkins?"

"we''ve signed a player from Tottenham who i bet 90% of Tottenham fans have never heard of"

"this stinks of the likes of George Weah''s cousin"

"Has Lambert actually seen him play or has he just watched the compilation on Youtube?"

Becchio looks like a good bit of business now?

Villa fans are tw@ts at the best of times. Fox wasn''t considered a starter and look how we''ll he did with us in the lower leagues. Russell Martin wasn''t deemed good enough.

I think that Lambert''s tactic of signing players that have a point to prove in the prem may be a step too far but his methods worked wonders for us.

Villa fans will never be happy.

[quote user="Howson is now"]Or Lambert has done exactly what he did with us and has seen a player who has some talent and a bl00dy big point to prove.

The fact that he''s never really made it in England could just make him work harder than any of the other dross at Villa.

Lambert has a method and it worked for us so well that all anyone banged on about was if a player was hungry to prove themselves.

Maybe this is another of those players.[/quote]

Howson is now,

"Lambert''s Method" is not working at Villa, their results and their league position shows that. Lamberts signings:

Holman Free

El Ahmadi £2m

Lowton £3m

Guzan Free

Vlaar £3.2m

Bennett £4m

Westwood £2m

Bowery £1m

Benteke £7m

Paul Lambert spent £22m in the summer. What was the point that those players wanted to prove? How hungry are they showing themselves to be?

Looks to me like he has spent £24m (now with Sylla) on relegation. Great success!

He signed three defenders and re-signed a keeper, and they have shipped in 46 goals, more than any other team in the division.

He signed a £7m striker and dropped a £20m striker the the reserves, and Villa have scored 5 less goals than us this season, and the second least number of goals in the league.

They have 3 points from a possible 30 points. I highly doubt that some 25 year old who Spurs are releasing at the end of the season is going to change that, do you?

He has made a complete pigs ear of his little project, completely ballsed it up.

He may have done an excellent job with us, but our five best players are:

Ruddy

Bassong

Snodgrass

Hoolahan

Holt

In my honest opinion. How many of them are Lambert signings? Answers on a post card.

Definitely glad we have McNally in charge to make sure we bring in the right people.

Villa are obviously desperate, they need leadership and bought absolutely none of it in

"Villa fans are tw@ts at the best of times. Fox wasn''t considered a starter and look how we''ll he did with us in the lower leagues. Russell Martin wasn''t deemed good enough.

I think that Lambert''s tactic of signing players that have a point to prove in the prem may be a step too far but his methods worked wonders for us"

Villa should keep Lambert then, they will need him in the lower leagues. He has completely ballsed his little project up.

Vlaar and Benteke are the only two players out of them that would improve our current squad, although Vlaar would need to fight with Turner for a place.

I was devastated when Lambert left, but now I''m glad that he didn''t spunk our transfer budget this summer.

Bassong, Turner, Garrido and Whittaker wouldn''t have been "young" or "hungry" enough, and Ruddy would have got injured with no backup keeper.

We may still have ended up with Snodgrass perhaps, he was a Lambert target, and he''d probably be playing Elliott Ward.

On the Villa forum it is claimed that he isn''t actually interested in earning a contract in England but just wants somewhere to play until his Spurs contract expires.... then he''s heading back to San Jose to sign permanently. Looks even more desperate now, I''d assumed that they were checking him out as a possible target for their Championship promotion push!